Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lifers' Cancer Updates - @Redmidland has decided to have surgery (p51)

Comments

• Options
    Well as I'm in good company, I'll declare that after the PSA blood test at The Valley on February 11th, I got a red text the following day. Hmm, I wasn't expecting that.
    Long story short, after months of tests, scans, biopsies, I had a prostatectomy last Thursday 6th July.
    Just recovering now and hoping to be fit for the start of the season.
    Hopefully it hasn't spread and early indicators are it hasn't, will find out more in the coming weeks/months.
    I've had a better 5 months.
    I'm pleased to say that I've just had my 2nd PSA blood test result since my prostatectomy and it's <0.01 ie normal.

I was a bit reluctant to update with so many other good people still suffering.
    But thought it may perhaps give some a boost.
    Best wishes to all.

Great news CE
  • Options
    Fantastic news CE
  • Options
    Fabulous news CE ♥️
  • Options
    Nice one
  • Options
    Yes @Covered End  delighted for you my friend 💪
  • Options
    @Covered End 💪 
  • Options
    Good news CE! All the best to you. 
  • Options
    That's great news @Covered End I'm so very pleased for you.  No need to worry about sharing your news, it's great to hear that this terrible disease can be beaten. Congratulations!!
  • Options
    Nice one CE 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We

Great news Steve
  • Options
    Fantastic news mate @Covered End:) 
  • Options
    Great news @Covered End
  • Options
    Brilliant news Covered End. I can see why you'd still be cautious too tbh but for now enjoy the great news! 
  • Options
    Great news @Covered End
  • Options
    Great stuff, CE.

Mr F has a telephone call booked for next week with the Urologist re his latest blood test to check his PSA level.

Fingers crossed it's still positive news since his op back in 2017.
  • Options
    Fantastic news @Covered End
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great news @Covered End and also for your missus @lancashire lad. I've just had my 6th session of radiotherapy today, I go everyday (except weekends) for 25 days. Today, as I was waiting in the reception area, an older lady came out and 'rang the bell'. The entire area broke into a spontaneous round of applause, she was also surrounded by her family, it was a very emotional moment!! 
    I had a short review and they are pleased with my progress to date.
    May I take this opportunity to wish everyone who is either battling this disease or has family/friends who are, a very Merry Christmas and the power to win over cancer!
    #fxxkcancer
    #Darkertheshadowbrighterthelight
    good news - the 'bell-ringing' for final appointment is always eagerly awaited! 
  • Options
    all the best for your wife @lancashire lad
  • Options
    more positive news here as whilst the stem cell transplant did not take place the tests show that the chemo worked and the Lass is currently cancer free, it will probably return so she will be monitored 

so well done CE and good luck Mr F

all we need now is a winning CAFC
    PLEASE give your lovely lass a big hug from us all ! 

And have a lovely Xmas ! x

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    Good news is always welcome @Covered End. Is there much in the way of further follow-up, or are you effectively all clear now?
    3 monthly blood tests to check PSA level in year 1.
    6 monthly in year 2.
    Annually in years 3 -10.
    I had completely missed that you'd been through this, CE. Very belatedly, best wishes and delighted that the Valley test caught the problem in time for you. A good mate of mine out here has just had the op about 4 weeks ago, with a similarly promising early prognosis, so I'll share your good news with him. His op was carried out by a robot apparently, while the 75 year old consultant looked on benignly. Or so he told me, anyway.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Good news is always welcome @Covered End. Is there much in the way of further follow-up, or are you effectively all clear now?
    3 monthly blood tests to check PSA level in year 1.
    6 monthly in year 2.
    Annually in years 3 -10.
    I had completely missed that you'd been through this, CE. Very belatedly, best wishes and delighted that the Valley test caught the problem in time for you. A good mate of mine out here has just had the op about 4 weeks ago, with a similarly promising early prognosis, so I'll share your good news with him. His op was carried out by a robot apparently, while the 75 year old consultant looked on benignly. Or so he told me, anyway.
    Thanks. Yes my surgery was robotic as well. 
  • Options
    So pleased to hear your news @lancashire lad :)

Well done @""Covered End"

Best wishes @Redmidland - you're doing great.

• Options
    Great news CE
  • Options
    Great news CE
    I hope you're on the mend still. 
  • Options
    Well as I'm in good company, I'll declare that after the PSA blood test at The Valley on February 11th, I got a red text the following day. Hmm, I wasn't expecting that.
    Long story short, after months of tests, scans, biopsies, I had a prostatectomy last Thursday 6th July.
    Just recovering now and hoping to be fit for the start of the season.
    Hopefully it hasn't spread and early indicators are it hasn't, will find out more in the coming weeks/months.
    I've had a better 5 months.
    I'm pleased to say that I've just had my 2nd PSA blood test result since my prostatectomy and it's <0.01 ie normal.

I was a bit reluctant to update with so many other good people still suffering.
    But thought it may perhaps give some a boost.
    Best wishes to all.

You have it right Covered End, it's posts like yours that give everyone hope Knowing that other people are going through this battle and are able to see a bit more light on the journey is a good news story for everyone. Well done mate.