Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lifers' Cancer Updates - @Redmidland has decided to have surgery (p51)

Comments

• Options
    That’s great news @redmidland. 3 points tomorrow to celebrate!!
  • Options
    so pleased for you Malc - well done and good wished to you and Mrs Malc
  • Options
    Well done @Redmidland.  Enjoy some happy times now.
  • Options
  • Options
    Nice one RM. Great news
  • Options
    Wish all of you the best with your recoveries during a very difficult journey. Life ain't simple, support means everything.
  • Options
    Good evening all, I just wanted to give you an update on my progress. I went for my 20th radiotherapy session today, with just 5 more to go this week.
    I was, surprisingly, called in to see the cancer consultant (radiotherapy dept), and also booked to have some blood tests, again not planned.
    My meeting with the consultant went along these lines "we are very pleased with your progress, and the symptoms you are now telling us about, your last session of treatment will be Friday, and after that, providing your blood tests come back in good order you CAN "ring the bell"!!
    Basically, I'll have no more treatment but will have a scan in 6 to 8 weeks time. If the scan shows the tumour has gone, I'll have further tests to confirm cancer has completely gone, if not and part of the tumour is still there, I'll be referred to the surgical dept to discuss removing whatever is left. I still have a bit of a journey and need to rebuild my fitness, BUT if I can 'ring the bell' on Friday morning it'll be a massive battle to have won.
    Thanks again for the support from everyone on this forum, you REALLY did get me through the lowest point in my life last September and October.
    Live, Love, Laugh and Be Happy xxx
    Cheers
    Malc xx
    EDIT- if I ring the bell on Friday, I'll video it and publish on here later that day!

Fabulous news, hope the continued recovery goes well. 2024 is looking up x
  • Options
    Thanks for the update Malc!
    Keeping all fingers & toes crossed for the all clear!
    Great news about your lung though.
    X
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    good news and hopefully more to come 
  • Options
    keep fighting Malc, our thoughts are with you
  • Options
    All the best mate, keep positive 
  • Options
    Keep fighting Malc. Difficult journey I know.
  • Options
    Always there for RedM and thanks for your support along with TCE, with my own battle with multiple Myeloma. We will both beat these cancers. 
    We will mate, we will!!
  • Options
    Good luck to you both. Stay positive as always, thoughts and prayers will you 
  • Options
    Stay strong, guys.

And remember we're here for you.
  • Options
    Stay strong guys, everyone is backing you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nice gesture. Best of luck Malc!
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    Nice gesture. Best of luck Malc!
    Thank you, it's just a small gesture of my appreciation. If it saves 1 persons life, then thats a whole family who can enjoy life!
  • Options
    Done
  • Options
    Done and you have hit your target. 👍
  • Options
    Done and you have hit your target. 👍
    I didn't know, thank you for telling me! CL helps out yet again! I wonder if we can beat it? The more that is raised the more we can save lives. I'll be shutting the page down on 27th March. However, if you've already contributed or will do, my absolute heartfelt thanks for everything this site and its members do. I'm somewhat emotional (in tears)and very humbled, God bless you all, whoever your God is xx
    Malc
    ##fxxkcancer 
    ##DarkerTheShadowBrighterTheLight 

• Options
    You are an inspiration.
    Fingers crossed for a positive result.
  • Options
    Nothing else to say other than thank you Bob. Gobsmacked! 
  • Options
    Hi all, Normally a reader of threads than a poster, at 67, just been diagnosed with Prostate Cancer and Bone Cancer and been given a prognosis of 4 years, still trying to remain positive, things could change, but, best of luck to all on here, hoping to see Charlton in the Championship in the next couple of years.