Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lifers' Cancer Updates - @Redmidland has decided to have surgery (p51)

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2023
    aliwibble said:
    Good news is always welcome @Covered End. Is there much in the way of further follow-up, or are you effectively all clear now?
    3 monthly blood tests to check PSA level in year 1.
    6 monthly in year 2.
    Annually in years 3 -10.
    I had completely missed that you'd been through this, CE. Very belatedly, best wishes and delighted that the Valley test caught the problem in time for you. A good mate of mine out here has just had the op about 4 weeks ago, with a similarly promising early prognosis, so I'll share your good news with him. His op was carried out by a robot apparently, while the 75 year old consultant looked on benignly. Or so he told me, anyway.
    Thanks. Yes my surgery was robotic as well. 
    Really pleased to hear your great news @Covered End. The robot surgery is a real positive, and here’s hoping it might become more widely available. I believe in America it’s now routine practice. 
    I was offered it myself for an enlarged (benign) prostate, after a test at The Valley produced a high PSA reading a few years back. Still considering my options. 
  • Options
    Great news CE
    I hope you're on the mend still. 
    It’s going well thanks. 
  • Options
    Great news Covered End, you must be very relieved to hear that positive prognosis and a bit apprehensive all at the same time.
    If you have now promised yourself to make the most of life after that scare then make sure you do.
    I don't really think I followed up on that promise to myself 34 years ago.
  • Options
    Good news Lancashire Lad. I hope your good lady has many trouble-free years ahead.
  • Options
    Brownie12 said:
    Great news Covered End, you must be very relieved to hear that positive prognosis and a bit apprehensive all at the same time.
    If you have now promised yourself to make the most of life after that scare then make sure you do.
    I don't really think I followed up on that promise to myself 34 years ago.
    15 dates in the diary for next year already. 
    Darts, Test Matches, music gigs, comedy gigs, theatre. 
    If you don’t add Charlton matches to you list, you are in for a great year. 
    He's covered that with "Comedy Gigs" ;)
  • Options
    more positive news here as whilst the stem cell transplant did not take place the tests show that the chemo worked and the Lass is currently cancer free, it will probably return so she will be monitored 

so well done CE and good luck Mr F

all we need now is a winning CAFC
    Best wishes to your good lady.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sounds like very positive news for both of you, long may it continue. All the best!
  • Options
    Brilliant news Malcolm, a massive congratulations to you!
  • Options
    Thank you, I hope you're doing well!
  • Options
    These updates have made me a very happy Lil Sis!!!
    You are all warriors.
    Fabulous news 🤩🤗♥️
  • Options
    Excellent news all round! 
  • Options
    Simply wonderful news - very best wishes CE, LL and Red.
  • Options
    Keep the positive news coming , guys & gals ! 

It's what we all long to hear.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's good to hear such positive news from you all.
    I am very happy for you.
  • Options
    Great news @Redmidland
  • Options
    Well done Malc.
    The Lass's consultant told her last week that her blood tests are normal and she is cancer free and will have blood tests every 3 months, she just has to rebuild her fitness after all the chemo.
     Lets hope we can all live, love and be happy
    Wonderful 
  • Options
    Thank you, I hope you're doing well!
    I seem to be - 2 negative blood tests since the prostatectomy, so my consultant said the chance of it returning is miniscule.
    👍
  • Options
    Good afternoon all. I just wanted to let you know that today I got to 'ring the bell'. It means my treatment is done, for now, I'll have a scan in 8 weeks time, if tumour has gone then that's it!
    If not, then anything left will be removed by surgery.
    Thank you to everyone for your support, best wishes and cards  I couldn't have done it without you. I've won a big battle, but I now need to win the WAR!
    Live, Love, Laugh and Be Happy xx
    #fxxxcancer

A wonderful way to start the year for you and all who love you.
  • Options
    edited January 12
    Good afternoon all. I just wanted to let you know that today I got to 'ring the bell'. It means my treatment is done, for now, I'll have a scan in 8 weeks time, if tumour has gone then that's it!
    Thank you to everyone for your support, best wishes and cards  I couldn't have done it without you. I've won a big battle, but I now need to win the WAR!
    #fxxxcancer

Afternoon Wally, I watched your video of you ringing the bell with glassy eyes and my first thought was "since when have you been sponsored by " Sportsdirect" :) 
    Much love to you both 
    Ray & Lynne
    xx
  • Options
    Great news @Redmidland … having been through the bell-ringing myself, I know how brilliant it feels.  
  • Options
    #fxxxcancer

That’s cheered me right up that has (Aunts funeral today & her sister just found a tumour).
    I’m delighted for you ♥️
  • Options
    Fantastic news, RM ! 

Sending a virtual big Fanny kiss ! 
    x