Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post match views: Doncaster Rovers v Charlton Athletic | Sat 26th March

Comments

• Options
    paulfox said:
    Playing better with nothing on the line just proves to me more that we need to get rid of a lot of the bottlers for next season. No amount of wins compensates for the shit they have dished out in this waste of a season. Well done for winning, but so what!!.🤷🏻‍♂️
    Playing better because we have our injuries back .. makes a massive difference 
    Ok fair enough if you are satisfied with that excuse, happy with this team for next season are you? 
  • Options
    Surprised Doncaster have any points at all. They were equally shit in tbe return fixture earlier in the season.

For all the domination, I actually never felt confident we were going to score. Washington in particular had a shocker.

Found the game a pretty dull watch TBH. We are miles off a promotion push next season and 3 wins on the bounce against crap oppo isn't convincing me that we need anything other than wholesale changes in the summer.

Wonder whether those of ua who suffered the farce with the stream for almost half the match will get a freebie against Lincoln?
  • Options
    Femowe was bad when he came on send back to norwich
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    why are people making excuses like we’d be right up there if we hadn’t had injuries? Just because we’ve had a few wins under no pressure,  We are down where we are because we’ve been shite, some real delusion in this place.🙄
    You sound like your bowl of custard has got cold! :wink:

:smile:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    paulfox said:
    Playing better with nothing on the line just proves to me more that we need to get rid of a lot of the bottlers for next season. No amount of wins compensates for the shit they have dished out in this waste of a season. Well done for winning, but so what!!.🤷🏻‍♂️
    And we are playing Doncaster, Gillingham and the like, not Wigan, Oxford and MK Dons.

The fixtures have, and won't have, no effect on where we finish in the end but they have made it more of a feast or famine season. 
    We did play Wigan, Oxford and MKD with several key players missing - and no strikers.

Loss of confidence caused by losing to 6 successive promotion chasing sides did the rest.

You just can't factor in circumstance like that. It would kill the form of any side in this division.

That's exactly my point though.  

We might well have lost those games with the strikers (fast becoming this seasons center backs), we might well have won other games without them.

But.... The way our fixtures have fallen have made, imo, the good spells look better and the bad spells look worse than they actually are.  Including the start of the season, and now. 
  • Options
    Goal difference can tell a story and ours puts us firmly as a mid table side.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Oggy Red said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    Ok fair enough if you are satisfied with that excuse, happy with this team for next season are you? 
    Of course, we're playing better with key players returning to the side. Also we're not having to play 6 of the strongest teams with a severely weakened side - and not being able to field a recognised striker.

It's not going to be "this team" for next season though, is it, Paul?

Jacko has already hinted that players will be let go and that the spadework for team re-building has already began.
    We can only trust that lessons on recruitment have been learned.

Of course there are going to be changes, thank god,there have to be. You’ve got the wrong end of the stick with my reply to Ronniemoores post, I can’t be bothered to explain.😜
  • Options
    Goal difference can tell a story and ours puts us firmly as a mid table side.
    So does our league position?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes, but when they both tell the same story, it is pretty conclusive.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    paulfox said:
    why are people making excuses like we’d be right up there if we hadn’t had injuries? Just because we’ve had a few wins under no pressure,  We are down where we are because we’ve been shite, some real delusion in this place.🙄
    You sound like your bowl of custard has got cold! :wink:

:smile:

I know, I’m fed up with it going out of date in anticipation of being able to use it!! It’s bloody frozen at the moment!!😂😂, I know I’m being negative about us at the moment, but I’m so disappointed like many the way things have panned out. Don’t mean to be snappy with people, I do respect everyone’s views wether I agree or not.👍😜
  • Options
    Delighted we won. Hoping we make it 4 wins a row next Saturday. 
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    Oggy Red said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    Of course, we're playing better with key players returning to the side. Also we're not having to play 6 of the strongest teams with a severely weakened side - and not being able to field a recognised striker.

Jacko has already hinted that players will be let go and that the spadework for team re-building has already began.

Of course there are going to be changes, thank god,there have to be. You’ve got the wrong end of the stick with my reply to Ronniemoores post, I can’t be bothered to explain.😜
    I shouldn't worry, Paul. We're all on the same side really. Time for some dinner, me thinks! :smile:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    AndyG said:
    paulfox said:
    Please Jacko and Thomas, don’t be fooled that three wins on the trot means that this starting 11 is anywhere near being a promotion worthy side next season. Please, please don’t be fooled that the likes of Matthews merits a new contract just because he’s suddenly pulling his finger out when he sees the exit door opening. Please please please don’t be fooled that good servants like Purrington can be anything other than a third choice squad player if sentiment gets in the way of good sense and he gets a new contract. It’s good to see the lads winning albeit against a pile of absolute stinking chuff. But this isn’t renaissance. It’s the last gaspings of a poor side that should, largely, be put out to grass and thanked for their (pretty lamentable) efforts. 
    3 wins/clean sheets on the trot and thats your feedback? Muppet.

That doesn't mean I think this team will be the way forward but christ...this is the team now...support them instead of giving them shit when they win.
    A little unfair king addick, the team have left themselves open to criticism this season, a few wins against weak opposition doesn’t paper over the cracks. 
    I guess it's a case of some of us are more forgiving than others.
    I agree with you mate and have made my thoughts pretty clear about what I would like to happen regardless of the rest of our results this season. Even if we go the next 10bgames undefeated I still wouldnt trust this lot to be anything but a disappointment next season
    Yes, sadly I agree. They’ve just ground me down this season I’m afraid. Far too much disappointment overshadowing a smattering of good stuff.
  • Options
    Another win, but Jesus how bad were Donny,  worst team we have played this year by a country mile. It could and should have been at least 5.
    The thing that put on the shadow on the game was that the players arguing between themselves which see a couple storm off even without acknowledging the fans
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    paulfox said:
    Oggy Red said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:

I shouldn't worry, Paul. We're all on the same side really. Time for some dinner, me thinks! :smile:

Absolutely mate👍🙂
  • Options
    Please Jacko and Thomas, don’t be fooled that three wins on the trot means that this starting 11 is anywhere near being a promotion worthy side next season. Please, please don’t be fooled that the likes of Matthews merits a new contract just because he’s suddenly pulling his finger out when he sees the exit door opening. Please please please don’t be fooled that good servants like Purrington can be anything other than a third choice squad player if sentiment gets in the way of good sense and he gets a new contract. It’s good to see the lads winning albeit against a pile of absolute stinking chuff. But this isn’t renaissance. It’s the last gaspings of a poor side that should, largely, be put out to grass and thanked for their (pretty lamentable) efforts. 
    3 wins/clean sheets on the trot and thats your feedback? Muppet.

That doesn't mean I think this team will be the way forward but christ...this is the team now...support them instead of giving them shit when they win.
    It's a funny thing ...... if the team had scored a couple more of it's 9 shots on target, hadn't hit the bar with the goal gaping and missed the penalty, we may well have gone on to score 3 or 4, at least. 

Generally, our play over the 90 minutes merited a 3-0 or 4-0 win. If we'd just converted a couple more chances, most people on here would be pleased enough. 

• Options
    Can’t help but feel happy we won, then I check the table and see we’ve lost the same amount of games as Wimbledon & Fleetwood.  I think winning the remainder of our games and I’ll still not be forgiving this squad, most of them are strangers to me who I can’t relate too because of the dross they served up.  Very easy to look good with no pressure against a team in dire straits.  Apologies for the negativity off the back of a win anyway but it has to be said.