Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2022 World Cup draw (1st April, 5pm UK)

Comments

• Options
    Going to be strange if England are playing the same time as we have a home match…
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Going to be strange if England are playing the same time as we have a home match…
    My thoughts exactly! Would be good if there was a game at 7pm on a Saturday though
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    cafctom said:
    Beat the easy teams and then people can complain that we can only beat easy teams.

Beat the tougher teams and then have people suggest that they’re not as good as they used to be anyway ;)
    Win the bloody thing and no-one complains.....oh wait a minute.

Honestly…I reckon people would still complain.
    We pick up one booking during the entire tournament - England played so dirty

Or the fact we like everyone else will get a debatable VAR call - England have cheated their way to the win.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Yes how could England in an international tournament possibly compete with Charlton away at Lincoln 😉 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Imagine if England are playing on a Saturday. Most clubs would play the Friday or the Sunday. Hoping for a double header next seasons. Charlton at 12 and England in the evening.
  • Options
    Here we go then. No doubt at least half an hour of waffle and nonsense before they actually get around to doing the draw.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Sage said:
    - Two round of 16 games scheduled for Saturday December 3 (A1 v B2, C1 v D2)

- Two quarter-final games scheduled for Saturday December 10 (B1/A2 v D1/C2, F1/E2 v H1/G2)

- Group games scheduled for Saturday 26 November: C1 v C3, C2 v C4, D1 v D3, D2 v D4

Worst groups to land in for Saturday games is Group C & Group D. Best groups to avoid a Saturday game is probably Group E & Group G.

• Options
    MrLargo said:
    Here we go then. No doubt at least half an hour of waffle and nonsense before they actually get around to doing the draw.
    I hope so... stuck on a conference call until the half hour.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Wow... Listening to Gareth Southgate from the other day

He is not a stupid man is he, not by any means

Certainly didnt realise that Sainsbury had investment from Qatar now
  • Options
    Fans flying in for games, as there's not enough accommodation

Very environmentally friendly...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2022
    We may not have won it, but that penalty shootout win over Colombia

One of the best moments as an England fan - Especially after so many defeats on pens
  • Options
    Jesus get to the f'n draw already.
  • Options
    Jesus get to the f'n draw already.
    Drag it out drag it out drag it out
  • Options
    Here we go
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Here we go
    Not yet!!! More fluff.
  • Options
    Thats a freaky looking kid
  • Options
    Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
  • Options
    I’m at Wembley watching the draw with the England supporters club. Emile Heskey is the guest speaker. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    IdleHans said:
    Thats a freaky looking kid
    Right lad want to be involved in the opening ceremony and bring out the World Cup? - Yeah Id love to - Excellent, you'll only be holding a cardboard cutout again!! 
  • Options
    Weird to have 2 British presenters out there presenting the build up
  • Options
    This is like watching the worst Oscars ceremony ever. Someone needs to get slapped.
  • Options
    Farking hell. More drivel. What is the woman waffling about?!
  • Options
    We’ll probably know the playoff winners before the draw is made 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    I’m at Wembley watching the draw with the England supporters club. Emile Heskey is the guest speaker. 

At this rate you better check the last train home, fuck me it’s dragging 
  • Options
    JERMAINE JENAS!!!
  • Options
    They could put this on repeat and it wouldn't make it any more tedious
  • Options
    Weird to have 2 British presenters out there presenting the build up
    And Jermaine Jenas the big male football name presenter!
  • Options
    WTF is Jenas doing there!! - Qatar must be broke