Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Lincoln City | Saturday 2nd April 2022

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2022
    I can't even pretend to be angry at another home defeat as the season is effectively over.
    Can't make playoffs 
    Can't go down.
    One thing I'm convinced of though is this squad of players is nowhere near good enough for promotion. 
    Nothing we as fan's can do about it all we can do is hope Sandgaard JJ and the recruitment team get it right this summer. 
    It was grim mate...and great summary earlier in the HoC, nothing will change there unless there is a root out there also. And the one eyed jacks wont like that....nott that any of them bother going to the games.
  • Options
    What a frustrating afternoon. Overall, we didn't deserve to lose but it is hard to say that we deserved much out of the game either.

Stockley and Washington both had afternoon to forget. I think they are both good players but you could see today why they are plying their trade in league 1 with the chances they both missed. Will they fire us to promotion next season? Seems highly doubtful on that showing.

And in some ways that game sums up the total dilemma we face as to who we keep next season as Matthews and Purrington were two of our better players today. But we need fresh faces desperately so something has to change.

Gilbey is a complete idiot for that second tackle he did today. What possesses a professional footballer to be so stupid? I hope the club hit him with a fine because he deserves it. 

Hopefully more to come from Fraser because so far, he has been very disappointing. 

Good to see JFC back. If only he can stay fit.

And finally, JJ looked and sounded a beaten man in his after match interview. No sparkle in his voice, just sheer brow beaten. He really doesn't look or sound like he is enjoying being a manager.
  • Options
    Have a good night @Boom

I wish!
  • Options
    JFC was really good, that was the only real positive from today. Thought Matthews was decent too.

As for my previous comments moaning about Morgan's absence from the 18, it's not because he's the love child of Vieira and Xavi. It's because it seems to be one rule for him, and one rule for our other midfielders other than Dobson. Gilbey, Fraser (Covid being a major factor) and Lee have all been bang average in recent weeks, yet make the 18 ahead of Morgan, game after game.
  • Options
    Whilst we weren't fantastic, I don't think we played that badly. We needed more composure in front of goal.
  • Options
    Not understanding people laying this one on Jackson. His team got 18 shots off and managed one goal off a late corner. Short of getting on the pitch himself, there isn’t a lot more he can do.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    We are such a fucking boring side to watch, literally so slow and predictable and very easy to play against 

sideways across the back 3/5 for a dozen passes before then giving it to CBT who is the only one who will have a go and try something 

Gilbey can do one for his stupidity - 2 weeks wages fine

probably still had enough chances to get something and I thought that header was over the line

Christ though they know how to test the patience….it’s just so dull watching us at the moment. Huge summer job ahead 

CBT, Clare, Dobson and JFC the only ones with any ounce of credit

WTF does Fraser bring to that side, he’s done absolutely nothing since he signed 
  • Options
    Second match in succession, that we failed to find a finish when we needed to. Needs to be addressed along with quite a few other failings, if this club is to mount a promotion challenge next year. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We lost.

Wastefully.

Stockley and especially Washington should have won it.

MOTM JFC and that's not based on sentiment.
  • Options
    Didn’t go, didn’t watch online, didn’t follow on Twitter or the radio, we lost, not surprised, disappointed, can’t comment on the performance. Will be ecstatic when this goddam awful season is over. the cheque is in the post for the ST renewal. Roll on August COYR
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    My first home game in 5 and I lasted 38 mins. The Gilbey red card was the final straw. Too many players stealing a living. I actually don’t like many of our players. 
  • Options
    If that double reconfirmed the Lincoln fans thoughts after we lost up there, that Charlton are the worst team they have played this season that puts the last 60 years in perspective.  LINCOLN CITY fans think we are the worst team they have met.  I’d take that from Liverpool, or Man U or even Bournemouth and Fulham right now, but Lincoln City…….Jeez, that’s perspective
  • Options
    The lack of activity on the preview, match and post match threads sums up the apathy felt about our team at the moment
  • Options
    shine166 said:

This fella must have been fkin freezing 
    Why is @clb74 in the away end?
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Fair play to him. It was dumb. But the number of people calling him a c in the match thread for getting sent off was way over the top. 
    Nope, sorry he was a grade a c***
  • Options
    If you strip out all the freebies in the East, West and NW Quad, I dread to think what the home turnout was today. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:

If it is. He has lost a few pounds since I last saw him. 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    SDAddick said:

Fair play to him. It was dumb. But the number of people calling him a c in the match thread for getting sent off was way over the top. 
    Will give him a little bit of credit as long as he strips these stupid fouls from his game. It’s hollow otherwise.

This squad has got itself a reputation for being a bit brain dead on the pitch and AG is one of the worst offenders.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Will give him a little bit of credit as long as he strips these stupid fouls from his game. It’s hollow otherwise.

This squad has got itself a reputation for being a bit brain dead on the pitch and AG is one of the worst offenders.
    He is simply a passenger most games, thick as shit to do what he did today cost us a minimum of a point, get rid. JFC 10 x the player.

• Options
    SDAddick said:

Nope, sorry he was a grade a c***
    Agreed. “Absolutely killed the lads” - what utter bollocks, it’s no different to any other game he plays - 10 on the team. 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    SDAddick said:

Fair play to him, but like Leuth says, he is a bit Mr Twitter amongst the team.

He and the squad remind me too much of my 4-year old Son at times this season - Constantly coming out saying sorry for doing something wrong, but then dont learn as they instantly go and be stupid again.

Cant be that sorry, as I say to him
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Hey, fair enough. And this hasn't been a great season for him. I do still wonder if he's had some problems with long Covid because I think he's capable of far more and could be a really important player in our setup. 

I saw the word "cunt" used more on the match thread than I can ever remember seeing in any of the threads about war or politics where things are literally life and death. It showed a lack of perspective. 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Sure he got booked and escaped a red card in a recent game as well. Didn't look any worse after he went off either, not calling him a cnut but certainly not good enough for me.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Has Gilbey ever had a good season for us? His statbank score last year was 5.96, one of the worst in the squad. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:

If it is. He has lost a few pounds since I last saw him. 
    Lol