Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Lincoln City | Saturday 2nd April 2022

Comments

• Options
    I agree about CBT but he doesn't look fit. He is a busted flush after 65 mins.
  • Options
    Charlton TV confirms ball was over the line …. Sums it up really how poor the officials were again
  • Options
    Should have won the game with ease but our finishing was fairly hopeless. I hope Gilbey gets fined for his stupidity.

Terrible defending for both of their goals.

Very impressed by their No 11 Scully.

• Options
    Gilbey has to keep pulling back players because he is such a poor player, opposition get by him so easily. Hope I never get to see him in a Charlton shirt again.
    He will be back after his ban. Jackson loves him. 
  • Options
    Gilbey has to keep pulling back players because he is such a poor player, opposition get by him so easily. Hope I never get to see him in a Charlton shirt again.
    As does curbs. Struggling to see it myself, but assume it’s because he is known for his ‘running’.
  • Options
    As does curbs. Struggling to see it myself, but assume it’s because he is known for his ‘running’.
    I don’t see it either. All I ever see him do is hide.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Am first to criticise after a bad performance, but that wasn't terrible at all. Gilbey clearly moronic, Stockley and Washington hugely wasteful, need more from Fraser, Leko added nothing. 

BUT... lots of good chances created, the back 5 all played well, as did Dobson. Mac barely had a save to make. Forster-Caskey looked excellent. Frankly can't believe we lost. 
  • Options

Forget to mention the Referee was a complete 
    Tosser 👎👎👎
  • Options
    We were the better side with 10 men. I think that’s partly down to players trying to earn contracts
  • Options
    Gallen , MS and Alex Mcleish 
  • Options
    Lets hope not
  • Options
    Jonniesta said:
    Am first to criticise after a bad performance, but that wasn't terrible at all. Gilbey clearly moronic, Stockley and Washington hugely wasteful, need more from Fraser, Leko added nothing. 

BUT... lots of good chances created, the back 5 all played well, as did Dobson. Mac barely had a save to make. Forster-Caskey looked excellent. Frankly can't believe we lost. 
    I’m not a fan but thought he did well when he come on today. Looked a threat and put a lot of ball across the box in a short space of time 
    Some good attacking play yes. On the other hand he ambled back allowing Scully time and space to score.
  • Options
    Not clinical enough in front of goal, 100 plus yellow cards for the season, tells its own story, only positive from today was seeing JFC back in a first team Jersey.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whilst we weren't fantastic, I don't think we played that badly. We needed more composure in front of goal.
    I thought it was decent eventful entertaining game. Quite a lot of good points from our performance, except finishing. For my "humble " opinion Stockley and Washington are decent 2nd string players at this level but not enough quality (pace movement/use of both feet etc) to be 1st choices. Stockley should have scored the 2nd header, and how many chances does Washington need? 3 half chances missed and one gold plated  one at the end.
    Some pundits praise their hard work etc. Look at the stats, something like 10 goals each in the league.
    Look at total goals scored- just over 1 a game- not good enough.

Jackson gambled bringing on Leko as attacking sub, it immediately failed as he lost challenge(sold himself and the team) which was 50/50 or 60/40 against him leaving a 2 on 1 behind, and they scored. Not our day -first card for Gilbey was harsh.
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:

Tosser 👎👎👎
    Thought the referee was excellent today... Couldn't fault many of his decisions 
         We were obviously at different Games 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    They were a bad side, just shows how poor we are. 
    Missed chances early and it cost us. 
    If we don’t score first - we don’t win. 

Season tickets now available for another year if this shit football  
    Sign-up before May, so you commit before there is no SCP style 17 man recruitment drive, and we go round again with more Gilbey,Leko,Lee,Matthews types. 

• Options
    edited April 2022
    1968CAFC said:
    1968CAFC said:

Tosser 👎👎👎
    Thought the referee was excellent today... Couldn't fault many of his decisions 
         We were obviously at different Games 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Yeah god knows which one you were at ;)

Got the red cards spot on... there may have been a few calls I didnt like, but I didnt feel as though I could really argue with them - e.g. Found it funny that he got in the way of the ball twice in pretty quick succession, but felt he followed the overall rules for the most part.
  • Options
    Good points about today were that Jake Forster Caskey is so much better than Gilbey all day long at being a creative midfielder. Gilby got sent off because he’s not quick enough.Nor for that matter is Matthews, Purrington, Stockley. Corey and George and Washington and Jake are the kind of players that we need to build on. Conor, Although he missed loads, he creates his own chances and he’s great at taking a ball from long range so I have no problem and nor should he at the chances he missed today because they were largely of his own making. Yes it was disappointing today especially when Leko lost his man for the second goal and you have a tired and slow Matthews trying to catch his man and failing. George Dobson cannot be the only person who catches his man and tackles if we are to win games regularly.So yes Forster caskey  is the big positive news of today as I think if we had started with him the outcome may well have been different.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Jonniesta said:

I’m not a fan but thought he did well when he come on today. Looked a threat and put a lot of ball across the box in a short space of time 
    I'd get shot of Leko asap, but yes it was his best performance of the season (can't remember another decent one).
    Apart from the fact that he sold himself for the 2nd goal, leaving a 2 v 1.
  • Options
    Jacko loves Leko as well though I can’t see why. It was telling that whenever we attacked everybody jumped up but when Leko had the ball everybody seemed to stay in their seats.
  • Options
    Can’t wait for the season to finish , roll on the cricket season 

Thought the Lincoln fans had a personality , fair play 

as for the crossbar challenge 
    seriously How do we manage to pull another fan out or he gets nominated to have a go by the chosen one for the cross Bar challenge and to hit it 10 inches off the floor 
    pathetic 
    They were having a great time, bouncing before the game even started.
  • Options
    Jonniesta said:

Fair play. Missed his tackle for their 2nd, and felt he missed chances to take on the man.