Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The bar lady enigma

Comments

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    Look just be open and honest - no issues with that.

Say something like "What would be your likely response if I asked you out for a date?" (clever wording in asking before actually asking)

If she says "yes" then bingo.

If she says no then respond with something like "I suppose a blow-job is out of the question then?"

Final paragraph is = 👌😂
  • Options
    Just ask her for her number and say you want to take her out for a drink on a certain day next week.  If she's interested then she'll give you her number and say yes. If she's busy that day but interested she'll give you her number and suggest another day.

If she says no to the above she's not up for it.  

Don't make it any more complicated than that.  
    Old Skool.

Is that how you used to roll Rodders?
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Good luck but please keep us informed
  • Options
    Good luck but please keep up informed

Who knows, I might be commenting on this discussion via a 12 year gap from it.

It's suddenly the year 2034 - me and her get married in a pub. 

Charlton are continuing to enjoy life in league one

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    This thread had potential. 
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    We all instinctively know that most women love doing the chasing.

They thrive on it.

That's why playing it cool - is when the fishing rod has the patience and it is gentle

Well done Dave, you are talking to yourself and have given yourself some reasonable advice while writing on a message board.

Now, grow a pair and go and do something about it

On a serious note,,
    Asking someone out for a drink who works in a bar is a bit meh. Ask if she'd like a trip on the Thames clipper to the Tate modern, lunch then back to Greenwich.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

They thrive on it.

That's why playing it cool - is when the fishing rod has the patience and it is gentle

Well done Dave, you are talking to yourself and have given yourself some reasonable advice while writing on a message board.

Do they though? I think they generally like to be chased, rather than do the chasing.

But maybe things have changed and there's now loads of pissed up women wolf-whistling and ogling blokes left right and centre.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Dave2l said:

They thrive on it.

Do they though? I think they generally like to be chased, rather than do the chasing.

But maybe things have changed and there's now loads of pissed up women wolf-whistling and ogling blokes left right and centre.

If there's a group of people on a night out - they bump into each other 

Let's say, 2 women and 4 men. They're drinking and they wana get chatting.

3 of the men are displaying open signs of confidence and they are very talkative.

It is clear that the women have already won them over and it appears to be a typical social scene of "chatten em up"

The women will tell themselves "why is the quiet one so quiet! Does he fancy me too? I can't work him out?"

On the surface, it may look like they couldn't care less about the quiet individual, but in reality, it is a strong possibility that they probably more so want to chase his affection.

Their body language would probably make it more evident
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Come on Dave, dish the dirt.... do your fingers smell like scampi fries yet?

Nah
  • Options
    Another solution is to try to get hold of some Hai Karate aftershave. So effective that they had to stop producing it. Or was that because it was cheap and nasty? No, I saw the ads, it was potent stuff.
    Or some sex panther. 60% of the time, it works, every time! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    just leave a note on the bar saying " George Dobson has a foot like a traction engine", if she doesn't know what you are talking about she's not worthy
  • Options
    arny23394 said:
    If you’re resorting to asking for pointers off Charlton fans, you’ve got no hope.
    Present company excepted of course... B)
  • Options
    I opened this expecting some sort of taxing lateral thinking puzzle. Instead it's 'how do I talk to women' pt 16846. FYI, the answer is that both glasses were full of helium
  • Options
    Another solution is to try to get hold of some Hai Karate aftershave. So effective that they had to stop producing it. Or was that because it was cheap and nasty? No, I saw the ads, it was potent stuff.
    *checking bathroom cabinet* 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    If all else fails, then head to The Millers in Bexley Village.

Half the forum are in there on a weekend evening. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Look just be open and honest - no issues with that.

Say something like "What would be your likely response if I asked you out for a date?" (clever wording in asking before actually asking)

If she says "yes" then bingo.

If she says no then respond with something like "I suppose a blow-job is out of the question then?"
    Do you find the old bingo hall works as a first date then @bobmunro ?
  • Options
    Ask her if she likes trains. If its a no, then you’ve got your answer!
  • Options
    Ask her if she likes trains. If its a no, then you’ve got your answer!
    And does she like a good ride.