Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Rothko said:
    If Guinness-walker had gone to Portsmouth in January, sure as anything, the same people losing it now over one AFCW fans opinion, would have been screaming that he was someone we should sign, and where's the ambition. 
    I really doubt that. 
  • ButtleJR said:
    2 goals and 7 assists from 17 games last season, many of which off the bench is a very decent return. I wouldn't write Kaikai off just yet. Garner will know him from palace too. 
    Have you ever seen him play? If we are aiming for players like him then we are fucked to put it bluntly.
    Honestly, when was the last time you saw him play? I'm not digging you out, I'm wondering the same about when I last saw him. I feel like I briefly saw him come on for Sierra Leone at AFCON and I was filled with rage - my memory of him is as one of the worst signings we've ever made, he was so useless I don't even remember him as bad, more as essentially nothing at all. When I saw his name come up I was not impressed. I remember that he signed under Robinson though, so that was the 17/18 season. That means he last played for us 4 years ago when he was 22. By all accounts he's done alright since then, decent for Blackpool and an effective backup at Wycombe. As ButtleJR said being involved in 9 goals from 17 games is really good; half the time he played, he contributed to a goal being scored. A thing that a lot of teams struggle to identify is players who can actually have an impact when they come off the bench or in after not playing for a while and we'll need players like that. I'd hope that we'd be looking at a better player ahead of him as one thing from his stats is that he's clearly not fancied as a Championship player. If he leaves Wycombe it'll likely be in search of more first team opportunities, but if he hadn't appeared for us in that short loan when he was quite young I wonder if we'd all be having this reaction. I think we'll likely be placing a lot of eggs in the CBT basket this season and we'll need a player to come in for him when he needs a break or his hamstrings twang. I don't know if there's any truth to this Kaikai rumour but it's not the maddest thing I've ever seen now that I've had a look at his recent record. I think I'm fairly guilty of holding that bad loan spell against him
    doesn't look like he was even fancied as a League One player. 
    Well, that's not really true. In his first season at Blackpool he played 22 games, scored 4 and assisted 3 in the league. He was first choice until about December before getting dropped, followed by the manager getting sacked. Blackpool changed manager and the next season he played 36 league games, scored 7 and assisted 8, including a run at the end when he was involved in 10 goals in 14 games. He was definitely a backup option for Wycombe but quite an effective one in their run to the Play-Off final. Given that CBT will most likely be our first choice in his spot an effective backup wouldn't be a bad thing.
    and thats where we fall down as a club, we should be looking for good players to improve our team, not back up players.

Why buy back up players to a team that was crap last season?
    Was CBT crap?
    TBF signing CBT was a fluke.  I would happily take 10 flukes if that's what it takes though. 
  • J BLOCK said:
    Valley11 said:
    We have been a basket case of a club ever since we clapped Curbs out the front door. Even I didn't expect us to have not signed anyone by mid June. What really gets me is it sounds like JJ had players lined up at the Player of the Year do. If Garner does not turn out well, I will be furious.
    I keep saying it, but he needs his coaching team in place first otherwise we’re going the same route as Dowie, Adkins etc 

People laughed when I said we were already way behind after taking nearly 5 weeks to appoint a manager.

The recruitment team can do all the work they want in the background, means nothing until the manager is in.
    But the manager was not available and still involved with his club 
  • Sage said:
    We have a fragile bunch of supporters, don't we? That or some form of personality disorder that means we get so uptight and depressive so quickly, and so over excited in short bursts. The life of a Charlton fan, especially on here, is bloody exhausting.

It's the 16th June, the players are not yet back for pre season testing, let alone training, we are in a heatwave, go get some sun, drink some water, take your tablets, and chill.

:smile:
    Long Covid
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Let’s not forget a lot of players are still on holiday, and most are back this weekend. So maybe a few deals are done, but won’t be announced until they have done all the media stuff.  Just a thought!
    Most of them are in your neck of the woods 
  • Sage said:
    We have a fragile bunch of supporters, don't we? That or some form of personality disorder that means we get so uptight and depressive so quickly, and so over excited in short bursts. The life of a Charlton fan, especially on here, is bloody exhausting.

It's the 16th June, the players are not yet back for pre season testing, let alone training, we are in a heatwave, go get some sun, drink some water, take your tablets, and chill.

Oi don't blame me, I've got nothing to do with it.
  • Sponsored links:

• shirty5 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Let’s not forget a lot of players are still on holiday, and most are back this weekend. So maybe a few deals are done, but won’t be announced until they have done all the media stuff.  Just a thought!
    Most of them are in your neck of the woods 
    Not the ones we are targeting . Last seen in a B and B in Skegness. 
  • I'd never heard of Guiness-Walker and he's not been linked to us but because of Kind Hearts and Coronets and that he's named after Bob Marley I think we should sign him.
  • We have been a basket case of a club ever since we clapped Curbs out the front door. Even I didn't expect us to have not signed anyone by mid June. What really gets me is it sounds like JJ had players lined up at the Player of the Year do. If Garner does not turn out well, I will be furious.
    I keep saying it, but he needs his coaching team in place first otherwise we’re going the same route as Dowie, Adkins etc 
    Get the coaching team in for this window & get some new players lined up for the January window  :D
  • Dazzler21 said:
    So what we're saying is we could be playing with something like this if we get Sarr & Williams (left JFC at LB as no other fit option as I understand it, same for Clare at RB):

M.Brewer
    Clare - Inniss - Sarr - F.Caskey
    Dobson
    Fraser - Williams 
    B.Taylor - Stockley - Jaiyesimi 

Can't say that without better defensive options that I am confident in that side, but can see how the attacking side could work (If only we had Wash instead of Stockley up top)
    @Dazzler21 - Apologies. I've been out most of the day and wasn't sure if your comment related to mine. If so, all I'm saying is that with only 3 to 4 additions we'd have the following to choose from for opening day, assuming all are fit.

GK's
    Brewer, Macgillivray

DEF's (excluding WB's)
    Inniss, Lavelle (+3 new)

MF's (including WB's)
    Clare, Dobson, Forster-Caskey, Gilbey, Morgan, Blackett-Taylor, Jayesimi, Fraser, Kirk 

STR
    Stockley, Aneke, Davison (+1 new)

That's 20 to select a starting eleven from. Hopefully a team could be made up from those without too many playing out of their preferred positions. I make no comment as to the 3 to 4 who I'd like to see come through the door, other than to say I'd like them to be fit enough to squeeze through it. 

I'm not claiming its a promotion challenging squad as like that, but it should hold it's own. The biggest concern must be defence where we lack options, especially given our injuries track record. Some have suggested Ellewere might be ready, but it's a lot to load on him so early. One thing is for sure, you just know Tucker's luck will run out as soon as he arrives, if he comes that is!

If any of the above depart, replacements must be found quickly and I'd expect us to have the maximum squad numbers in place by the time the transfer window closes.  Fed up of talking about this with no one in yet, but it seems some ITK are confident we'll have  2 -3 possible next week. I hope they're right.
  • If I have taught CL one thing, it's trust the sausage dog, just not the first 110 of them 
  • Sponsored links:

• What about Mungo Bridge on loan ? His mum could cook his favourite everyday 👍🏻
  • I’ll ask my Wimbledon supporting mate up here in Yorkshire. True story. 
  • What about Mungo Bridge on loan ? His mum could cook his favourite everyday 👍🏻
    You don't know who wrote in the summertime do you?
  • Sage said:

It wasn’t always that way Sage.
    We have been fucked around so badly for years, so it’s hardly surprising how we treat everything with a fair dose of suspicion and caution.
    Speaking for myself, I plough on relentlessly for the most part with a glass half full, things will get better outlook.
    I long for the day when this forum (in particular), is again a contented and happy place and remain convinced that better times are just around the corner.
    What is the alternative……...I simply don’t want to think about it.
    UP THE ADDICKS!
  • edited June 2022
    Scoham said:
    :
    Goals look fine well taken and looks a real poacher...now, the goal celebration...nah.. :s ..I suppose we could get used to it...
  • Getting a strange feeling of deja-vue in some of these comments...
    I think read that somewhere before🤔
  • swordfish said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    So what we're saying is we could be playing with something like this if we get Sarr & Williams (left JFC at LB as no other fit option as I understand it, same for Clare at RB):

M.Brewer
    Clare - Inniss - Sarr - F.Caskey
    Dobson
    Fraser - Williams 
    B.Taylor - Stockley - Jaiyesimi 

Can't say that without better defensive options that I am confident in that side, but can see how the attacking side could work (If only we had Wash instead of Stockley up top)
    @Dazzler21 - Apologies. I've been out most of the day and wasn't sure if your comment related to mine. If so, all I'm saying is that with only 3 to 4 additions we'd have the following to choose from for opening day, assuming all are fit.

GK's
    Brewer, Macgillivray

DEF's (excluding WB's)
    Inniss, Lavelle (+3 new)

MF's (including WB's)
    Clare, Dobson, Forster-Caskey, Gilbey, Morgan, Blackett-Taylor, Jayesimi, Fraser, Kirk 

STR
    Stockley, Aneke, Davison (+1 new)

That's 20 to select a starting eleven from. Hopefully a team could be made up from those without too many playing out of their preferred positions. I make no comment as to the 3 to 4 who I'd like to see come through the door, other than to say I'd like them to be fit enough to squeeze through it. 

I'm not claiming its a promotion challenging squad as like that, but it should hold it's own. The biggest concern must be defence where we lack options, especially given our injuries track record. Some have suggested Ellewere might be ready, but it's a lot to load on him so early. One thing is for sure, you just know Tucker's luck will run out as soon as he arrives, if he comes that is!

If any of the above depart, replacements must be found quickly and I'd expect us to have the maximum squad numbers in place by the time the transfer window closes.  Fed up of talking about this with no one in yet, but it seems some ITK are confident we'll have  2 -3 possible next week. I hope they're right.
    None of your MF are WBs so we need 2 of those and less MFs