Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Southbank said:
    Southbank said:
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/62aafd3a42bc4/addick
    s-stalwart-kim-dixson-to-leave-the-club
    Does anybody really give a f××× about the womens team? Good luck to  
    them and everything. But where is the first team news.
    Yes they do..my 7 year old daughter who loves football watches Charlton Women and Arsenal Women.

I find your remark disappointing and misogynistic.  We have a lot of women supporters as well. 
    You started watching Charlton in 1956 and you have a 7 year old daughter?
    Challenging and delightful I would imagine?
    You ate paying attention.  I wrote granddaughter and predictive txt decided otherwise
    Don't you read through what you've written first, before posting it? :wink:

:    Not always....do you ? Tell the truth.
    Okay, truthfilly I allays red it before pissing. :smile:

You should see a doctor about that.
  • edited June 2022
    Bubble said:
    We’ve got to be favourites there surely. It doesn’t say but I’m assuming that’s a loan move?

Edit: the author has confirmed on Twitter that it’s a loan move. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2022
    Louie Barry would be an interesting one! Didn't do a lot at Ipswich but seems to be very highly rated at Villa. 
  • It does make sense given that he knows Garner and has been successful in the system that BG used last time round. Plus as a youngster and a loanee he's unlikely to be a huge financial burden.

That said he's had one decent season and is still very young so potentially a gamble of he did sign but doesn't settle.
  • Just skipped thousands of posts from May 10th. I’m taking an educated guess I’ve not missed much!
    Take your pick from current Swindon and former Palace & Charlton players of course. That's about it. Oh, not forgetting Tucker and anyone answering to the name Ben.
  • I'd be happy with that. Young loanee that the manager knows already, and not his first move away either. 

We need to get the age profile of the loans right too, as last summer by not having any under 21s, we had issues with the squad cap
  • Bubble said:
    We’ve got to be favourites there surely. It doesn’t say but I’m assuming that’s a loan move?

You'd like to hope so, but MK are 3rd favourites for promotion whilst we are 11th....
  • Bubble said:

You'd like to hope so, but MK are 3rd favourites for promotion whilst we are 11th....
    Perhaps that’d change if we made some decent signings. 
  • Bubble said:

Hoping the Garner factor sways it
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2022
    JamesSeed said:
    Bubble said:

Perhaps that’d change if we made some decent signings. 

Exactly that, bookies are a waste of space at this time, how can someone decide favourites for promotion/relegation before the season has even started, no one knows the squad strengths and weaknesses now,,.🙄
  • edited June 2022
    MarcusH26 said:
    Louis Barry would be an interesting one! Didn't do a lot at Ipswich but seems to be very highly rated at Villa. 

Louis Barry is 19 next week and like many I was surprised to see the lad who spent 10 years in West Brom's academy and then spent a short time in Barcelona's famous La Masia academy ending up on loan from Villa at League 2 Swindon after he struggled with Joe Pigott to get game time at Ipswich when they had more forwards than the England rugby team.

The positives would be if we play 4-3-3 then Barry has always been called a winger/striker in the mould of Karlan Grant.
    If Barry plays on the left then CBT can switch to the right because he is two footed. As Corey had been successful on the left should he be moved ? Not sure CBT fitness levels should see him at wing back. I have always felt outside the Premier two strikers should be mandatory but if you have forwards who can play wide and get in the box when the ball comes from the other flank then with an attacking number 8 who can actually attack the box and score then fine. Hearing lots of coaches discussing 3-4-3 but our inability to keep our CB's fit may stop that happening. 

Barry playing closer to Stockley or Aneke when CBT is out wide could be an exciting prospect in the mediocre 3rd tier.

Villa would be happier Barry playing League 1 next season if they can't fix him up with a Championship club where he gets plenty of game time.
  • edited June 2022
    So Garner not only had him at Swindon but will also know him from WBA
  • edited June 2022
    MarcusH26 said:
    Louis Barry would be an interesting one! Didn't do a lot at Ipswich but seems to be very highly rated at Villa. 

Louis Barry is 19 next week and like many I was surprised to see the lad who spent 10 years in West Brom's academy and then spent a short time in Barcelona's famous La Masia academy ending up on loan from Villa at League 2 Swindon after he struggled with Joe Pigott to get game time at Ipswich when they had more forwards than the England rugby team.

The positives would be if we play 4-3-3 then Barry has always been called a winger/striker in the mould of Karlan Grant.
    If Barry plays on the left then CBT can switch to the right because he is two footed. As Corey had been successful on the left should he be moved ? Not sure CBT fitness levels should see him at wing back. I have always felt outside the Premier two strikers should be mandatory but if you have forwards who can play wide and get in the box when the ball comes from the other flank then with an attacking number 8 who can actually attack the box and score then fine. Hearing lots of coaches discussing 3-4-3 but our inability to keep our CB's fit may stop that happening. 

Barry playing closer to Stockley or Aneke when CBT is out wide could be an exciting prospect in the mediocre 3rd tier.

Villa would be happier Barry playing League 1 next season if they can't fix him up with a Championship club where he gets plenty of game time.
    I like 343 but I think it's very difficult with only 2 central midfielders, even if one of them is Dobson. 

It works for England, most of the time, but even that is more of a box midfield and Kane drops very deep. 

We don't have the players to play it, but we don't have the players to play anything, well, yet. 
  • MarcusH26 said:

I don't think he's ready for Championship football yet anyway, seeing that he's only really played many games in L2.

The priority for Villa would surely be a "progressive" L1 side. MKD clearly have the advantage of an established playing style and success last season, we have the Garner factor
  • Cafc43v3r said:

5'7" so fails the height test, no if's, no but's
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Good shout this. Scored in a 2-1 defeat to Swindon.
    Reckon our new manager,(sorry can't remember his name!) Will be all over this.
  • Sage said:
    We have a fragile bunch of supporters, don't we? That or some form of personality disorder that means we get so uptight and depressive so quickly, and so over excited in short bursts. The life of a Charlton fan, especially on here, is bloody exhausting.

It's the 16th June, the players are not yet back for pre season testing, let alone training, we are in a heatwave, go get some sun, drink some water, take your tablets, and chill.

:smile:
    Sage said:
    We have a fragile bunch of supporters, don't we? That or some form of personality disorder that means we get so uptight and depressive so quickly, and so over excited in short bursts. The life of a Charlton fan, especially on here, is bloody exhausting.

It's the 16th June, the players are not yet back for pre season testing, let alone training, we are in a heatwave, go get some sun, drink some water, take your tablets, and chill.

Sage said:

Would highly recommend a  Cola Calipo.