Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• J BLOCK said:
    Tucker would have been a great signing. 

The only reason we're losing out (if we were in for him) is our poor performance last season. MK Dons to a person on the outside look a far better bet for future prospects. 

Money isn't everything. 
    I highly highly doubt that. He'll go to the highest bidder. 
    Agreed. MK Dons may well be flush soon if they sell Twine to Hull.
  • Scoham said:
    supaclive said:
    Tucker is exactly the type of player we need
    In League one a right footed centre half can play left side
    He's comfortable on the ball
    And cheap with a good upside if he progresses
    If we lose him to MK Dons, be concerned for our season's prospects 
    We could come up with a team of “must sign” players that our fanbase hype up as if they’ll make or break our season. I’ll get us started.

CB: Tucker
    CM: Fraser
    LW: Kirk
    ST: Ajose
    Who was the lad from Leeds (Irish I think) that was a real coupe if we got him and doomed if we didnt?  We signed Cullen instead and I have never of him again.
  • We are working on a deal for Louis Reed from Swindon. I don't know a huge amount about him but seems to be highly rated.
    Played under Garner last season as the DM in a 4-3-3. 

Competition for Dobson or maybe pushes Dobson forward to a more central midfielder role. 
    We as fans often wonder why a team in the Championship etc. would be interested in a player whose team finished so poorly the table like what we did last season - Or like the good example you gave further up, why would teams be interested in Tucker when he was part of a relegation defence last year.

Scouts and Managers will only care about the individual they're after, and what their strengths / weaknesses are.

So wouldnt be surprised for that reason if Dobson had admirers further up the League Table, and beyond League One.
  • Chunes said:
    Why would he pick us over MK? Because we've got a nice stadium? We finished 13th.

Anyway it's silly getting knickers twisted over anything Nixon says
    MKD have a nicer stadium than us  ;)

No atmosphere because it's far too big for them, and a dull retail park location, but it's a quality stadium. Not that Tucker will choose us or them or anyone else based on that criteria!
  • Scoham said:
    supaclive said:
    We could come up with a team of “must sign” players that our fanbase hype up as if they’ll make or break our season. I’ll get us started.

RW: Green
    CM: Reeves 

Robinson begging us to sign him for months that summer, then what a let down once he finally was here. 

• Scoham said:
    Not exactly a resounding vote of confidence in our ability to secure our targets is it? 

I guess many in the footballing world are unsure of our future direction of travel under TS, given that he's presided over a couple of false starts to his lofty ambitions and keeps having to reset.

That might deter some players from making the sort of longer term commitment desired, so we might have to improve on our utilisation of the  loans market for the time being, not that I like us having to rely on it.

However, let's face it, the bar has been set very low after last seasons 'late off the shelf' selection of underperforming misfits. Plenty of room for improvement there!
  • Scoham said:
    supaclive said:

RW: Green
    CM: Reeves 

Robinson begging us to sign him for months that summer, then what a let down once he finally was here. 

You take that back! 
  • The Bolton press are linking Tucker with them as well.

Has anyone checked Blackpool's Instagram?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2022
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    supaclive said:
    One player wont make or break the season. If we dont get Tucker then we best make sure the 2nd option is still decent with good potential. 

We wont get ALL out first targets and that is a fact. The worry will be when it looks like we are hitting our 4th and 5th targets. 
    You say that but one player can actually be the difference between autos and play offs, play offs and mid table and mid table to relegation. 

I’m not usually one to throw my toys out of the pram over a signing but Tucker is one of the most logical signings we can make, if our recruitment team can’t see that and we lose out to MK Dons it’s genuinely embarrassing. Recent history has shown if we just copied what they do in the transfer windows we would be more successful anyway so why on earth would we let it happen again
    He's right footed and we need a leftie, so it's not that logical. Perhaps that's why Cawley is reporting that we've never really pursued him. 

I do need to point out that you are "throwing your toys out the pram" at something Nixon has said. Nixon!
    I actually don’t get all this right foot business now. We aren’t Man City, we don’t have the luxury to cherry pick the best left footer and right footer in the world and pair them up. 

There’s a lad here down the road from us, from what our owner is telling us, would be in our price range, he would immediately be our best defender. It ain’t rocket science you go and sign him unless it’s not feasible. 

Couldn’t care less where MK Dons finished, that was last season where they had Scott Twine, it’s a new season for them like us, albeit they have a few more things in place. We are bigger than them and have an owner telling us we have a top budget. If we are genuinely interested in him and lose out to them, it’s shocking. Even more worrying if he’s not on our radar 
    You may not get it, but it seems that more than a few managers want their CBs to play on their proper sides. 

You seem to be ignoring the fact that Cawley has said we weren't ever really pursuing this bloke, but you're going nuts over the idea that we've lost out on him to MK. Is this just about having a pop at TS?
    Smarmy post, 

especially when I’ve said we genuinely don’t have a good right sided centre back on our books regardless. 

He didn’t say that, he said we wasn’t close to getting it done, that’s up for interpretation as it could mean we didn’t have the money OR we wasn’t interested 

Pop at TS? No it’s questioning why we are letting players get picked up so local to us when there’s claims we have resources. I question our recruitment team who haven’t been at it for 2 seasons now. 

Going nuts? I’m completely relaxed, but feel free to narrate my posts as you would like to in your own mind 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    supaclive said:

Who was the lad from Leeds (Irish I think) that was a real coupe if we got him and doomed if we didnt?  We signed Cullen instead and I have never of him again.
    Eunan O'Kane possibly.
  • Scoham said:
    Didn't he say that last year?

Every day that passes makes this whole situation more perilous in my book Rich
  • The big question, is what photo will Cawley use on Twitter to announce a signing?

We've had the big fish, we've had walking...
  • supaclive said:
    Have seen others saying he’s not all that. Have any of us really seen enough of these guys who pop up as rumoured signings? Not saying you necessarily haven’t Super C, but sometimes I do wonder if we’re all guilty of believing they hype, from time to time, without any real basis for it. 
    I’m pretty sure Gallen and crew will have kept close tabs on players they’re interested in, and will have seen far more of them than we have. Even then it’s possible signings don’t work out for a host of reasons. 
  • Bournesnr said:
    We’re not short of right sided centre backs so not too fussed about Tucker.
    Think our priorities lie elsewhere.
    Except we are and why do we keep going on about right sided centre backs regardless? You can have two right footers at centre back as most clubs in the world have proven.. 

Deji isn’t ready, Innis isn’t reliable, Lavelle is coming back from an injury and wasn’t exactly showing too much quality regardless. 

Tucker is a fantastic signing at this level with real sell on potential, potential to play at a higher level than this, over one hundred games in this league, great injury record. 

I am sorry but if we are genuinely interested and lose out to MK Dons then that is piss poor.
    Sadly true... TS deluded himself  if he thinks we are in a better place now than a year ago.

I am debating whether to tell the club 5hat I have moved so the season ticket goes elsewhere. ….,,,

TS is talking about the club as a whole not just the team .. we filled a lot of gaps in the business and we don’t need a complete overall of the playing side as we did last summer … there be 7/8 new players by end of window 4/5 perm rest loans 
  • Thanks for letting us know Ron. 
  • Maybe, but some of the signings were arguably decent, but didn’t fit the way we ended up playing. Lee and Kirk in particular. 
    We never intended to be a long ball team, but that’s how it ended up unfortunately. 
  • Sponsored links:

• shine166 said:
    swordfish said:
    Scoham said:
    Not exactly a resounding vote of confidence in our ability to secure our targets is it? 

I guess many in the footballing world are unsure of our future direction of travel under TS, given that he's presided over a couple of false starts to his lofty ambitions and keeps having to reset.

That might deter some players from making the sort of longer term commitment desired, so we might have to improve on our utilisation of the  loans market for the time being, not that I like us having to rely on it.

However, let's face it, the bar has been set very low after last seasons 'late off the shelf' selection of underperforming misfits. Plenty of room for improvement there!
    It's weird what people read into things.

To me, it literally says stop panicking youl get players through the door.
    I can see what you mean when the tweet is taken in isolation. However, having just read our owners comments to the fans forum concerning the loans market, he clearly sees it as being an important part of our plans for this season to get right. 

Ideally, we wouldn't be so reliant on it and that's the bigger point I was trying to make, badly obviously.
  • Not convinced Barry is good enough for us anyway 

Good enough to be one of the very few English lads(can't think of any ?) to Join the Barcelona Youth academy and then Premier side Villa but not good enough for Charlton when we are desperate for a striker/ winger/ forward to probably play in a 3 as two wingers and a number 9 just won't work or didn't at the beginning of last season.  
    Have you seen him play? Lightweight player, did ok in league 2 but didn't set the world alight. Not deemed good enough for Ipswich too. 

Good enough to be one of the very few English lads(can't think of any ?) to Join the Barcelona Youth academy and then Premier side Villa but not good enough for Charlton when we are desperate for a striker/ winger/ forward to probably play in a 3 as two wingers and a number 9 just won't work or didn't at the beginning of last season.  
    Have you seen him play? Lightweight player, did ok in league 2 but didn't set the world alight. Not deemed good enough for Ipswich too. 
    He's 18. Far too early to be writing a player like him off. 

If he was 25 it would be different. 
  • edited June 2022
    Heard we weren’t interested in Louie Barry but now Cawley has denied it, Thomas has sent a connection request to the Villa CEO on LinkedIn. Watch this space.
  • edited June 2022
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    supaclive said:
    One player wont make or break the season. If we dont get Tucker then we best make sure the 2nd option is still decent with good potential. 

We wont get ALL out first targets and that is a fact. The worry will be when it looks like we are hitting our 4th and 5th targets. 
    You say that but one player can actually be the difference between autos and play offs, play offs and mid table and mid table to relegation. 

I’m not usually one to throw my toys out of the pram over a signing but Tucker is one of the most logical signings we can make, if our recruitment team can’t see that and we lose out to MK Dons it’s genuinely embarrassing. Recent history has shown if we just copied what they do in the transfer windows we would be more successful anyway so why on earth would we let it happen again
    He's right footed and we need a leftie, so it's not that logical. Perhaps that's why Cawley is reporting that we've never really pursued him. 

I do need to point out that you are "throwing your toys out the pram" at something Nixon has said. Nixon!
    I actually don’t get all this right foot business now. We aren’t Man City, we don’t have the luxury to cherry pick the best left footer and right footer in the world and pair them up. 

There’s a lad here down the road from us, from what our owner is telling us, would be in our price range, he would immediately be our best defender. It ain’t rocket science you go and sign him unless it’s not feasible. 

Couldn’t care less where MK Dons finished, that was last season where they had Scott Twine, it’s a new season for them like us, albeit they have a few more things in place. We are bigger than them and have an owner telling us we have a top budget. If we are genuinely interested in him and lose out to them, it’s shocking. Even more worrying if he’s not on our radar 
    You may not get it, but it seems that more than a few managers want their CBs to play on their proper sides. 

You seem to be ignoring the fact that Cawley has said we weren't ever really pursuing this bloke, but you're going nuts over the idea that we've lost out on him to MK. Is this just about having a pop at TS?
    Smarmy post, 

especially when I’ve said we genuinely don’t have a good right sided centre back on our books regardless. 

He didn’t say that, he said we wasn’t close to getting it done, that’s up for interpretation as it could mean we didn’t have the money OR we wasn’t interested 

Pop at TS? No it’s questioning why we are letting players get picked up so local to us when there’s claims we have resources. I question our recruitment team who haven’t been at it for 2 seasons now. 

Going nuts? I’m completely relaxed, but feel free to narrate my posts as you would like to in your own mind 
    Bit OTT. Wasn't meant to be smarmy at all. You said: "I don't usually throw my toys out the pram about signings but..." So I assumed you were saying you are throwing them this time. I think that's a pretty fair interpretation and I'll leave it there. 
  • Didn't Swisdom say that Tuckers agent was asking silly money?  Maybe that is why we are not being that active in pursuit.
  • Left sided CBs what we need folks...

Pearce
    Famewo
    Purrington (fill in) 

have left/gone/been released.
  • mendonca said:
    Left sided CBs what we need folks...

Pearce
    Famewo
    Purrington (fill in) 

have left/gone/been released.
    In the immortal words of someone else

i believe that’s incorrect 

Sarr’s advisors weren’t  in the right ballpark
  • We are working on a deal for Louis Reed from Swindon. I don't know a huge amount about him but seems to be highly rated.
    If we signed Lou Reed it really would be a Perfect Day…

He's 18. Far too early to be writing a player like him off. 

If he was 25 it would be different. 
    Agree you can't write him off, but atm probably not good enough for a club like us in L1