Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• alangee said:
    Didn't Swisdom say that Tuckers agent was asking silly money?  Maybe that is why we are not being that active in pursuit.
    I wonder what Sandgaard regards as ‘silly money?’

Rumours last year we were reluctant to pay decent loan fees, hence Niles John. 
  • swordfish said:
    shine166 said:
    swordfish said:
    Scoham said:
    Not exactly a resounding vote of confidence in our ability to secure our targets is it? 

I guess many in the footballing world are unsure of our future direction of travel under TS, given that he's presided over a couple of false starts to his lofty ambitions and keeps having to reset.

That might deter some players from making the sort of longer term commitment desired, so we might have to improve on our utilisation of the  loans market for the time being, not that I like us having to rely on it.

However, let's face it, the bar has been set very low after last seasons 'late off the shelf' selection of underperforming misfits. Plenty of room for improvement there!
    It's weird what people read into things.

To me, it literally says stop panicking youl get players through the door.
    I can see what you mean when the tweet is taken in isolation. However, having just read our owners comments to the fans forum concerning the loans market, he clearly sees it as being an important part of our plans for this season to get right. 

Ideally, we wouldn't be so reliant on it and that's the bigger point I was trying to make, badly obviously.
    The loan system  means a rebuild at least in part every year....which is pointless wasted energy instead of a preseason as it should be.
    It won't make any difference to you if we sign lots of players or no players. 
    You've already said that you're not renewing your ST and you're contacting the club to let them know.
    I am sure that that news will make TS consider his future at the club.
  • alangee said:
    Didn't Swisdom say that Tuckers agent was asking silly money?  Maybe that is why we are not being that active in pursuit.

Cant say if Nile John was good or bad...he didnt play!
  • alangee said:

Jackson did himself no favours by not giving John a game. Will Spurs loan Wimbledon any youngsters this summer?
  • alangee said:

Once again word is rumours …. People seem to forget that it was Chris Powell who set this move up and even drove  him to the training ground .. Niles John is rated very highly not only by spurs but in football in general 
  • alangee said:

Jackson did himself no favours by not giving John a game. Will Spurs loan Wimbledon any youngsters this summer?
    That whole situation was just strange !

The bloke came here with an endorsement from SCP, from all accounts he actually delivered him to the valley ! if the bloke was no good why would Powell do that ? Imo opinion JJ's biggest mistake was being to rigid in his thoughts and sticking with players that were not performing AKA Gilbey when atleast if he had tried to mix things up a bit by playing other players I for one would have been more forgiving
  • edited June 2022
    We are working on a deal for Louis Reed from Swindon. I don't know a huge amount about him but seems to be highly rated.
    If we signed Lou Reed it really would be a Perfect Day…
    I was waiting for the man to repeat that gag. 
    You did say you skipped a thousand posts recently.  ;-)
  • alangee said:

If he didn’t play I think we know the answer to that question.
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    supaclive said:
    Tucker is exactly the type of player we need
    In League one a right footed centre half can play left side
    He's comfortable on the ball
    And cheap with a good upside if he progresses
    If we lose him to MK Dons, be concerned for our season's prospects 
    One player wont make or break the season. If we dont get Tucker then we best make sure the 2nd option is still decent with good potential. 

We wont get ALL out first targets and that is a fact. The worry will be when it looks like we are hitting our 4th and 5th targets. 
    You say that but one player can actually be the difference between autos and play offs, play offs and mid table and mid table to relegation. 

I’m not usually one to throw my toys out of the pram over a signing but Tucker is one of the most logical signings we can make, if our recruitment team can’t see that and we lose out to MK Dons it’s genuinely embarrassing. Recent history has shown if we just copied what they do in the transfer windows we would be more successful anyway so why on earth would we let it happen again
    He's right footed and we need a leftie, so it's not that logical. Perhaps that's why Cawley is reporting that we've never really pursued him. 

I do need to point out that you are "throwing your toys out the pram" at something Nixon has said. Nixon!
    I actually don’t get all this right foot business now. We aren’t Man City, we don’t have the luxury to cherry pick the best left footer and right footer in the world and pair them up. 

There’s a lad here down the road from us, from what our owner is telling us, would be in our price range, he would immediately be our best defender. It ain’t rocket science you go and sign him unless it’s not feasible. 

Couldn’t care less where MK Dons finished, that was last season where they had Scott Twine, it’s a new season for them like us, albeit they have a few more things in place. We are bigger than them and have an owner telling us we have a top budget. If we are genuinely interested in him and lose out to them, it’s shocking. Even more worrying if he’s not on our radar 
    You may not get it, but it seems that more than a few managers want their CBs to play on their proper sides. 

You seem to be ignoring the fact that Cawley has said we weren't ever really pursuing this bloke, but you're going nuts over the idea that we've lost out on him to MK. Is this just about having a pop at TS?
    Smarmy post, 

especially when I’ve said we genuinely don’t have a good right sided centre back on our books regardless. 

He didn’t say that, he said we wasn’t close to getting it done, that’s up for interpretation as it could mean we didn’t have the money OR we wasn’t interested 

Pop at TS? No it’s questioning why we are letting players get picked up so local to us when there’s claims we have resources. I question our recruitment team who haven’t been at it for 2 seasons now. 

Going nuts? I’m completely relaxed, but feel free to narrate my posts as you would like to in your own mind 
    Bit OTT. Wasn't meant to be smarmy at all. You said: "I don't usually throw my toys out the pram about signings but..." So I assumed you were saying you are throwing them this time. I think that's a pretty fair interpretation and I'll leave it there. 
    Na more so if they signed him and we showed interest and end up with another league1/2 slugger again. Sorry if you didn’t mean to, clearly the news of Tucker not being a genuine target has shock me to my core ;) 

• alangee said:

If he didn’t play I think we know the answer to that question.
    Not necessarily. Dobson was dropped by Adkins for example 
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:
    mendonca said:
    Left sided CBs what we need folks...

Pearce
    Famewo
    Purrington (fill in) 

have left/gone/been released.
    In the immortal words of someone else

i believe that’s incorrect 

Sarr’s advisors weren’t  in the right ballpark
    As in, we've got a left sided CB signing lined up that isn't sarr?
  • edited June 2022
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    supaclive said:
    Tucker is exactly the type of player we need
    In League one a right footed centre half can play left side
    He's comfortable on the ball
    And cheap with a good upside if he progresses
    If we lose him to MK Dons, be concerned for our season's prospects 
    One player wont make or break the season. If we dont get Tucker then we best make sure the 2nd option is still decent with good potential. 

We wont get ALL out first targets and that is a fact. The worry will be when it looks like we are hitting our 4th and 5th targets. 
    You say that but one player can actually be the difference between autos and play offs, play offs and mid table and mid table to relegation. 

I’m not usually one to throw my toys out of the pram over a signing but Tucker is one of the most logical signings we can make, if our recruitment team can’t see that and we lose out to MK Dons it’s genuinely embarrassing. Recent history has shown if we just copied what they do in the transfer windows we would be more successful anyway so why on earth would we let it happen again
    He's right footed and we need a leftie, so it's not that logical. Perhaps that's why Cawley is reporting that we've never really pursued him. 

I do need to point out that you are "throwing your toys out the pram" at something Nixon has said. Nixon!
    I actually don’t get all this right foot business now. We aren’t Man City, we don’t have the luxury to cherry pick the best left footer and right footer in the world and pair them up. 

There’s a lad here down the road from us, from what our owner is telling us, would be in our price range, he would immediately be our best defender. It ain’t rocket science you go and sign him unless it’s not feasible. 

Couldn’t care less where MK Dons finished, that was last season where they had Scott Twine, it’s a new season for them like us, albeit they have a few more things in place. We are bigger than them and have an owner telling us we have a top budget. If we are genuinely interested in him and lose out to them, it’s shocking. Even more worrying if he’s not on our radar 
    You may not get it, but it seems that more than a few managers want their CBs to play on their proper sides. 

You seem to be ignoring the fact that Cawley has said we weren't ever really pursuing this bloke, but you're going nuts over the idea that we've lost out on him to MK. Is this just about having a pop at TS?
    Smarmy post, 

especially when I’ve said we genuinely don’t have a good right sided centre back on our books regardless. 

He didn’t say that, he said we wasn’t close to getting it done, that’s up for interpretation as it could mean we didn’t have the money OR we wasn’t interested 

Pop at TS? No it’s questioning why we are letting players get picked up so local to us when there’s claims we have resources. I question our recruitment team who haven’t been at it for 2 seasons now. 

Going nuts? I’m completely relaxed, but feel free to narrate my posts as you would like to in your own mind 
    Bit OTT. Wasn't meant to be smarmy at all. You said: "I don't usually throw my toys out the pram about signings but..." So I assumed you were saying you are throwing them this time. I think that's a pretty fair interpretation and I'll leave it there. 
    Na more so if they signed him and we showed interest and end up with another league1/2 slugger again. Sorry if you didn’t mean to, clearly the news of Tucker not being a genuine target has shock me to my core ;) 

Cawley didn’t say he wasn’t a target. Just that he is unlikely to be one of the first through the door (being worked on at the moment).

Tucker is contracted till 1st July so unlikely to be in a rush to move until after then (when his money stops).
  • alangee said:

Once again word is rumours …. People seem to forget that it was Chris Powell who set this move up and even drove  him to the training ground .. Niles John is rated very highly not only by spurs but in football in general 
    Was one of the seasons mysteries. I do in fact have a Spurs supporting friend and he was amazed that John couldn’t get a game at league one level in a team that were obviously struggling. I would think SCP was just as mystified when I expect he thought he was doing Charlton a big favour getting him on loan to us. 
  • One thing about Gillingham's defense, they may have got relegated but conceded less goals than other teams around them. Tucker was a big part of that. 
    Some of the appalling stunts and brinkmanship they carried out was scandalous, they used every trick in the book.
    Dreadful to watch.
  • Every day we seem to be linked to signing a player from Swindon, might have to change our name to Swindon Athletic.
  • Just wanting a quick heads up without reading 2,000 posts.

Have we signed anyone yet? Thanks
  • Off_it said:
    Just wanting a quick heads up without reading 2,000 posts.

@Off_it your not "proper charlton" unless you read every post on this thread. Keep up please.
  • edited June 2022
    Off_it said:
    Just wanting a quick heads up without reading 2,000 posts.

Here's a hint @Off_it ...wait for the thread title to change, that would give you a clue... B)
  • Every day we seem to be linked to signing a player from Swindon, might have to change our name to Swindon Athletic.
    Or the Wiltshire Moonrakers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Jack tucker announced for MK
  • edited June 2022
    Meltdown in 5...4...3...
  • ButtleJR said:
    Jack tucker announced for MK
    Oh dear
    Nevermind we'll find somebody younger, better and um yes, left footed.....
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    The Bolton press are linking Tucker with them as well.

Has anyone checked Blackpool's Instagram?
    leave me out of it.
    I know nothing. 
    Glad you have finally seen the light😀
  • Chunes said:
    Meltdown in 5...4...3...
    I came here to post that!
  • ButtleJR said:
    Was never a serious target a name splashed about on social media .. fact is he was pretty poor last season and played mostly holding mid role .. two years ago he would have got a championship move now he ended up at MK Dons and not someone like us or Ipswich .. that says it all about where his career is at the moment 

Or you could argue where we are at the moment that a player like him chooses the likes of MK dons over us.
  • We are working on a deal for Louis Reed from Swindon. I don't know a huge amount about him but seems to be highly rated.
    If we signed Lou Reed it really would be a Perfect Day…
    Given that this joke has been repeated about ten times on this thread already, I am genuinely amazed he hasn't changed his name. Poor sod must have got it a million times by the time he was 6 years old
  • ButtleJR said:
    Was never a serious target a name splashed about on social media .. fact is he was pretty poor last season and played mostly holding mid role .. two years ago he would have got a championship move now he ended up at MK Dons and not someone like us or Ipswich .. that says it all about where his career is at the moment