Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• @swordfish someone will explain the background I’m sure. He’s a bit of a WUM with a long history. 
  • Swisdom said:
    Wait, so we've been tracking Tucker for months, possibly had a word with his old man (correct me if wrong swisdom), yet once available, and on a free no less... we ..... Wasn't actually..in for him....

Ok. 
    Wait, so we've been tracking Tucker for months, possibly had a word with his old man (correct me if wrong swisdom), yet once available, and on a free no less... we ..... Wasn't actually..in for him....

Ok. 
    We definitely were after him but maybe Garner vetoed it or maybe Tucker wanted to go to MK

we just don’t know

but that’s why we have numerous players for each position on our shipping lists
    Being "in for"/after a player probably covers such a huge range of possibilities that we just don't know how close we ever were or how high on the list he was. Jackson was keen IIRC but maybe Garner is less so.

It won't be the case that even if we WERE really keen that we'll suddenly have to start all over with a brand new target. Other lines of enquiry will have been ongoing already.
  • Champs85 said:
    My work mate is a gills season ticket holder. When we were linked to tucker last summer I asked him what he was like. He wasn’t exactly glowing about him, said he had actually regressed somewhat and didn’t see much potential in him. Also definitely not a ball playing centre back. He wasn’t particularly bothered that he left. That’s just one opinion but he’s normally pretty reliable. 
    He doesn't know Tucker as well as CL then! 

*don't take seriously*
  • This transfer window is turning out to be a tragedy, still at least we’re staying alive.
    Hopefully we’ll take some Steps in the right direction 

Hopefully the BG has a plan.
  • Of all the positions we have argued need filling the most urgently, I can’t remember right sided centre half being one of them. 
    I have read a few questioning:-
    If Inniss will ever string a few games together. 
    If Lavelle will stay fit and push on. 
    If Elewere is good enough to step up. 
    If Barker has lost it. 
    If Clair could play there in a four.

Could it just be that our recruitment team know what they are doing? Our budget needs to be spent on the type of players we REALLY need IMO, not on those that would be handy to have and may make a bit in a few years time. We are a long way of that. 
  • I haven't seen enough of Tucker to know if we have lost out or not ... but he wasn't impressive in the game that I did see at The Valley.

Also, didn't his team get relegated?

Perspective.
  • swordfish said:
    Swisdom said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Jack tucker announced for MK
    Was never a serious target a name splashed about on social media .. fact is he was pretty poor last season and played mostly holding mid role .. two years ago he would have got a championship move now he ended up at MK Dons and not someone like us or Ipswich .. that says it all about where his career is at the moment 

I often read your comments and roll my eyes but never bite.

im hot and bothered today but…..

You don’t half talk some utter bollocks.  Complete and utter horse shit

Sugar coating it @Swisdom? 🤣

I'm only a month into my CL experience, but I've noticed posts made by @RonnieMoore seem to attract a certain degree of animosity by way of reaction.

Whilst it's quite entertaining and funny for me as I'm blissfully unaware of the background, I hope he takes the ribbing in good part and has a thick skin.

His views sometimes seem at odds with others, and he's not always right, who is?  but many lifers disagree without resorting to the sort of open hostility that seems specially reserved for him, fair or not. I feel like I'm intruding on a private feud!

I've no knowledge of this other forum he apparently contributes to, or what he says on there, so I can't comment on that.

It might be best if I was spared the details and remained ignorant, but to an outsider, I have to say the bitterness isn't a good look.

BTW, back in the day, I paid my pound to secure the real Ronnie's services as requested by Lennie and have fond memories of him playing for us, both in defence and attack. What is it they say, there's more unites us than divides us!

I suspect this aimless post might attract a couple of lol's given the feeling towards him, but I couldn't resist poking my snout in after seeing Swisdom's hilarious outburst.
    You're new, give it time
  • Since Garner joined, in spite of us allegedly having all these targets lined up and being “kept warm”, everything has gone very quiet. If there are no signings and no coaching support imminently arriving, what is the point of the trip to Spain? Indeed would this potentially hinder us in trying to do any business during this trip?  If the current situation continues in spite of any assurances given to Garner, will he remain compliant and still be at CAFC heading into next season? Alas, as things stand, can’t see good times ahead, but hope to be proven wrong 🤞
  • SweetCAFC said:
    Since Garner joined, in spite of us allegedly having all these targets lined up and being “kept warm”, everything has gone very quiet. If there are no signings and no coaching support imminently arriving, what is the point of the trip to Spain? Indeed would this potentially hinder us in trying to do any business during this trip?  If the current situation continues in spite of any assurances given to Garner, will he remain compliant and still be at CAFC heading into next season? Alas, as things stand, can’t see good times ahead, but hope to be proven wrong 🤞
    Yet another one of these 'let me try and bum everyone out and then say i hope it doesn't happen posts'.
    Misery loves company.
  • Redrobo said:
    Of all the positions we have argued need filling the most urgently, I can’t remember right sided centre half being one of them. 
    If Barker has lost it. 

Could it just be that our recruitment team know what they are doing? Our budget needs to be spent on the type of players we REALLY need IMO, not on those that would be handy to have and may make a bit in a few years time. We are a long way of that. 
    On the day Garner signed there was an interview with Steve Gallen. He categorically said that it was very clear we would be needing some central defenders (seeing as Pearce had left & Famewo gone back to Norwich). He even intimated that THIS area was a priority above all others. 

So yes, Centre Halves are players we REALLY  need. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Macronate said:
    MK Dons have announced two other signings as well but have only released one picture:

Benny and Alan too. 
  • paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    At at the end of the day whether we were in for him or not, he’s gone elsewhere, that happens, move on!!  If he was available and wanted to play for us he would have, he obviously didn’t. Doesn’t mean our recruitment team have done a shit job, it means we’ve missed out, or was never happening anyway. I look forward to welcoming players that WANT to play for us.
    Do you know any because I don't.  
    And that’s the point, just because you don’t , doesn’t mean anything. 
    So you don't either 🤔 
    Priceless. Thank you for your comedic value.
  • Major said:
    SweetCAFC said:
    Since Garner joined, in spite of us allegedly having all these targets lined up and being “kept warm”, everything has gone very quiet. If there are no signings and no coaching support imminently arriving, what is the point of the trip to Spain? Indeed would this potentially hinder us in trying to do any business during this trip?  If the current situation continues in spite of any assurances given to Garner, will he remain compliant and still be at CAFC heading into next season? Alas, as things stand, can’t see good times ahead, but hope to be proven wrong 🤞
    Yet another one of these 'let me try and bum everyone out and then say i hope it doesn't happen posts'.
    Misery loves company.
    Is that why you’re here? 

Every post you make is just digging someone out. 
  • Swisdom said:
    Tucker has gone elsewhere - oh well move down the list.  That’s why we don’t put all our eggs in one basket

MKDons we’re offering him a good package as far back as our Ipswich game

theyve been on his trail for as long as we have and are, as painful as it is to admit, ahead of us at present by about a season.

on to the next
    So is the polite way of saying they offered a better contract than we did? 
  • I'm going to suggest both Wigan and Ipswich got their number one targets last year.  One got promoted, one finshed one place above us. 

The difference?  The coaching and the mix of players they got I'm going to suggest.

If we don't get a handful of our number one targets we won't be challenging for promotion.

• Swisdom said:

Ok. 

Ok. 
    We definitely were after him but maybe Garner vetoed it or maybe Tucker wanted to go to MK

we just don’t know

but that’s why we have numerous players for each position on our shipping lists
    I don’t think Garner wanted him.. not sure he suits the style.. to be honest, surprised MK dons are in for him!
  • edited June 2022
    alangee said:
    Didn't Swisdom say that Tuckers agent was asking silly money?  Maybe that is why we are not being that active in pursuit.
    Every agent will ask for silly money early in the window to test the waters. Once players return to pre-season training, friendlies start and we get closer to the season, those demands will drop.

Apart from Ipswich, no club in league one is paying silly money. I very much doubt MK are paying him loads, they seem to be a well run club.
  • SweetCAFC said:
    Are you seriously saying that Garner could be off before the season starts if no signings were made soon ????

And I thought I was a pessimist.
    You know it's time to give up when golfie calls you out for being moody 😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:
    Of all the positions we have argued need filling the most urgently, I can’t remember right sided centre half being one of them. 
    If Barker has lost it. 

On the day Garner signed there was an interview with Steve Gallen. He categorically said that it was very clear we would be needing some central defenders (seeing as Pearce had left & Famewo gone back to Norwich). He even intimated that THIS area was a priority above all others. 

So yes, Centre Halves are players we REALLY  need. 
    Or did he just say defenders?  We have 3 natural centre backs on the books already as listed by Redrobo above. Full backs none. So yes we need one more CB, but I would argue not a priority over full or wing backs. And most likely a left footed centre back which Tucker is not.

Apologies in advance if you are right in what Gallen said but either way I'm with Redrobo on this, purely based on our squad gaps. 
  • SweetCAFC said:
    Because Garner wanted to check the squad we had and as SG said some targets have been scrapped and some new ones now added to our list at the request of Garner …. The point of Spain is Garner to look at some of the younger players that I would say Euell advised him about ..plus there will be new signings before they go 
  • I'm hoping Naby's advisers get realistic. I'd have him over Tucker any day of the week. Also, it may betray my current football philosophy, and not be how we want to set up, but I picture Innis, Lavelle, Sarr and Stockley up for a corner or set piece and it feels orgasmic. I'll get my coat.
    There is no reason you can't have both.  Didn't Man City score the most goals from corners last season?  
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I'm hoping Naby's advisers get realistic. I'd have him over Tucker any day of the week. Also, it may betray my current football philosophy, and not be how we want to set up, but I picture Innis, Lavelle, Sarr and Stockley up for a corner or set piece and it feels orgasmic. I'll get my coat.
    There is no reason you can't have both.  Didn't Man City score the most goals from corners last season?  
    Dedicated set-piece coach as well. 
  • It will not surprise me if we get Dion Conroy, Swindon’s captain last season, ex Chelsea academy player and can apparently play a bit. He’s turned down a new contract and is a free agent. Only 26 so fits the bill. 
  • Does seem disappointing that we missed out on Tucker at face value - coveted, young, local centre back on a free. Won’t make or break a season but could have been part of the puzzle.