Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• edited June 2022
    Well at least now that Tucker has gone elsewhere we may get some genuine rumours about us, without fans arguing what they know or don't know, but I suppose that is the fun  :)
  • swordfish said:
    Swisdom said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Jack tucker announced for MK
    Was never a serious target a name splashed about on social media .. fact is he was pretty poor last season and played mostly holding mid role .. two years ago he would have got a championship move now he ended up at MK Dons and not someone like us or Ipswich .. that says it all about where his career is at the moment 

I often read your comments and roll my eyes but never bite.

im hot and bothered today but…..

You don’t half talk some utter bollocks.  Complete and utter horse shit

Sugar coating it @Swisdom? 🤣

I'm only a month into my CL experience, but I've noticed posts made by @RonnieMoore seem to attract a certain degree of animosity by way of reaction.

Whilst it's quite entertaining and funny for me as I'm blissfully unaware of the background, I hope he takes the ribbing in good part and has a thick skin.

His views sometimes seem at odds with others, and he's not always right, who is?  but many lifers disagree without resorting to the sort of open hostility that seems specially reserved for him, fair or not. I feel like I'm intruding on a private feud!

I've no knowledge of this other forum he apparently contributes to, or what he says on there, so I can't comment on that.

It might be best if I was spared the details and remained ignorant, but to an outsider, I have to say the bitterness isn't a good look.

BTW, back in the day, I paid my pound to secure the real Ronnie's services as requested by Lennie and have fond memories of him playing for us, both in defence and attack. What is it they say, there's more unites us than divides us!

I suspect this aimless post might attract a couple of lol's given the feeling towards him, but I couldn't resist poking my snout in after seeing Swisdom's hilarious outburst.
    @masicat
  • swordfish said:
    Do you ever get that feeling that you've entered a parallel universe and everything you thought you ever knew was wrong?

It's been happening to me alot since I started coming on here! 😎 Not sure if it's a coincidence. Sorry for straying off thread.
    Have you lost your trombones?  ;)
  • ozaddick said:
    swordfish said:
    Being a swordfish it must feel really strange for you.
    Like a fish out of water in fact.
    Floundering at times, but I should soon be a Dabb hand at it. Do I lose points for 🐟 puns?
    Been here 5 minutes and he's into the fish puns!! 🤣 You'll fit in well mate! 
    I may still be a bit green round the gills, small fry in CL terms, but I've trawled through enough posts to know that if I describe myself as a relative minnow or tiddler, @LoOkOuT's going to post you know who? Damn..., too late now! Incoming!

Shame there's no transfer speculation. 😎
  • swordfish said:
    ozaddick said:
    swordfish said:
    Floundering at times, but I should soon be a Dabb hand at it. Do I lose points for 🐟 puns?
    I may still be a bit green round the gills, small fry in CL terms, but I've trawled through enough posts to know that if I describe myself as a relative minnow or tiddler, @LoOkOuT's going to post you know who? Damn..., too late now! Incoming!

Blatant fishing for likes!!..still clever though..😎
  • edited June 2022
    swordfish said:
    ozaddick said:
    swordfish said:

Blatant fishing for likes!!..still clever though..😎
    It could catch on!!😜
  • swordfish said:
    You’ll NEVER lose points for fish puns 🎣 
  • swordfish said:
    Do you ever get that feeling that you've entered a parallel universe and everything you thought you ever knew was wrong?

It's been happening to me alot since I started coming on here! 😎 Not sure if it's a coincidence. Sorry for straying off thread.
    I haven't the faintest idea what that means. Hope it wasn't terribly insulting or I'll be searching for Catherine Tate's "How very dare you!" gif.  Is it a Euphoniumism for something?
  • paulfox said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    84 new posts and the most notable thing happening is addick1956 playing hard to get 
    Must of heard the rumour my arse is like a  wizards sleeve!! 
    I know exactly what that means, put politely "not a very magical experience" and if Kenneth Williams doesn't appear for that he never will!
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:
    I'm hoping Naby's advisers get realistic. I'd have him over Tucker any day of the week. Also, it may betray my current football philosophy, and not be how we want to set up, but I picture Innis, Lavelle, Sarr and Stockley up for a corner or set piece and it feels orgasmic. I'll get my coat.
    I’m picturing the same thing, except the corner fails to clear the man on the near post 
    And then the oppo break away and score while all our donkey defenders try to run back and defend.

Innis & Sarr......................................kin ell!!!
  • swordfish said:
    swordfish said:

I haven't the faintest idea what that means. Hope it wasn't terribly insulting or I'll be searching for Catherine Tate's "How very dare you!" gif.  Is it a Euphoniumism for something?
    It was a VERY niche music reference. nobody else got it either.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Wasn't Timmy Abraham with our academy and left for Fulham? 
    Yes...all that glitters etc
    Should be washed thoroughly before you go home?
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61845863

Peterborough have signed TWO goalkeepers on loan, which seems greedy to me. But a sign that the loan market is active, even before pre-season training has started
  • swordfish said:
    swordfish said:

It was a VERY niche music reference. nobody else got it either.
    Thanks. I did respond to him when he posted words I thought came from a bluesy track about a Garbage Man by Tab Benoit, so maybe he thought I was more clued up.
  • Scoham said:
    Wasn't his biggest fan watching him against port vale in the play offs. 
  • cabbles said: 
    If he comes, at least we have the manager that got a tune out of him. We could use a bit of a shithouse!
  • mart77 said:
    cabbles said: 
    If he comes, at least we have the manager that got a tune out of him. We could use a bit of a shithouse!
    Hell probably play shitfaced going off that tweet. 
  • Sponsored links:

• ozaddick said:
    mart77 said:
    cabbles said: 
    Hell probably play shitfaced going off that tweet. 
    Might be an improvement on some!
  • cabbles said:
    You mean Roger Johnson III
  • edited June 2022
    cabbles said:
    He hasn't signed yet, but slag him off before he has, welcome to Charlton if you do happen to sign, because we absolutely love a scapegoat and all our others have seen sense and jumped ship!
  • edited June 2022
    Sage said:
    Panutche Camara of Plymouth transfer listed due to not wanting to sign a new contract. 

Unsure if he would be Garner’s type of player but he’s a top midfielder for this league. Plymouth said they’re not prepared to sell to a League One rival, but if the price is right and he wanted to join, there would be a deal to be done.
    From the majority of times I’ve seen him, I don’t see how he wouldn’t be any managers type of player. If garner came out saying he didn’t fancy him I’d be questioning things. Would be surprised if a championship side don’t take a punt on him.
  • edited June 2022
    Sage said:
    Panutche Camara of Plymouth transfer listed due to not wanting to sign a new contract. 

Unsure if he would be Garner’s type of player but he’s a top midfielder for this league. Plymouth said they’re not prepared to sell to a League One rival, but if the price is right and he wanted to join, there would be a deal to be done.
    Lucky we're not rivals for anybody currently then!
  • Sage said:

That’s us out then
  • With the spotlight on him here he is in danger of overexposure 
  • sam3110 said:
    Camara will click in many squads, he's not just a flash player, any side he joins will develop into a promotion chasing team. I can't see any negatives to be honest, has anyone got some film on him?
    He likes to do his contract talks via a zoom call by all accounts, he shows off doing keepy uppies in front of his iPad on a tripod.