Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• RedRobin said:
    PWADDICK said:
    https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1133300977?-11197:833:latest_news
    We’re apparently interested in Sol Bamba
    Can’t see any truth in this, might as well have offered Pearce a contract in that case. 
    I mean Sol Bamba is better than Pearce so it's an upgrade. 

Can't see it being true though. 

Played centre back for a team finishing 7th in the Championship. 
  • RedRobin said:
    PWADDICK said:
    https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1133300977?-11197:833:latest_news
    We’re apparently interested in Sol Bamba
    Can’t see any truth in this, might as well have offered Pearce a contract in that case. 
    I mean Sol Bamba is better than Pearce so it's an upgrade. 

Can't see it being true though. 

Played centre back for a team finishing 7th in the Championship. 
    Like Watson at Forest before we signed him…
  • Wasn’t Watson playing centre mid for a team near the play offs when we signed him? Means nothing! 
  • edited June 2022
    I wouldn't say it's a good signing, I don't want him. 

But a comparison between him and Pearce is dumb because he clearly has been a better player than Pearce over the last few seasons. 

It's like comparing Ben Watson and Joe Ledley, saying you may have well have kept Ledley. 
  • Would be in the Ben Haim/Diarra category of signings more than Watson imo. It's jawdropping to behold their class on the ball, then a year later they're gone. But as a short-term fix while Ness/Elewere mature, all for it 
  • It has to be a short term thing if it happens, but the old codger must be prepared to sacrifice everything for the cause and not be cruising towards retirement.
  • swordfish said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Question is, how many Bens will we sign? Got to be one at least. 
    And will we be able to dig another Smith/Smyth up from somewhere?
    And will it be Magnificent Monday, or supa dupa Tuesday?

(Sorry, the boredom is getting to me). 
    Well if not, it'll be "Where the hell are they?" Wednesday!
    F**ked off Friday. 
  • edited June 2022
    Not convinced Barry is good enough for us anyway 
    Not convinced anyone is good enough for us. Gonna be a long disappointing season 😜
    Sorted that for you. Bob Bedwetter
  • edited June 2022
    swordfish said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Question is, how many Bens will we sign? Got to be one at least. 
    And will we be able to dig another Smith/Smyth up from somewhere?
    And will it be Magnificent Monday, or supa dupa Tuesday?

(Sorry, the boredom is getting to me). 
    Well if not, it'll be "Where the hell are they?" Wednesday!
    Followed by wtf  Thursday!
  • Sponsored links:

• paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    At at the end of the day whether we were in for him or not, he’s gone elsewhere, that happens, move on!!  If he was available and wanted to play for us he would have, he obviously didn’t. Doesn’t mean our recruitment team have done a shit job, it means we’ve missed out, or was never happening anyway. I look forward to welcoming players that WANT to play for us.
    Do you know any because I don't.  
    And that’s the point, just because you don’t , doesn’t mean anything. 
    So you don't either 🤔 
    Of course I don’t, but I’m patiently waiting to see who we do get, stop being a dickhead🙄
    Ah, Insults. Always process who wins a debate.  I give in to your superior power to be an inarticulate person. 
    Sometimes I wish I was a mod. Where's that delete button!
  • I wouldn't say it's a good signing, I don't want him. 

But a comparison between him and Pearce is dumb because he clearly has been a better player than Pearce over the last decade. 

• edited June 2022
    In the absence of Pearce (and if we are intending to bring through the likes of Elewere and/or Ness gradually) an experienced CB as a mentor/example/back up isn't the worst idea but I'd hope he's not first choice.

If we look at the Powell Promotion Squad as our example, he'd be the Cort to a hypothetical Taylor/Morrison pairing.

• paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    At at the end of the day whether we were in for him or not, he’s gone elsewhere, that happens, move on!!  If he was available and wanted to play for us he would have, he obviously didn’t. Doesn’t mean our recruitment team have done a shit job, it means we’ve missed out, or was never happening anyway. I look forward to welcoming players that WANT to play for us.
    So you don't either 🤔 
    Of course I don’t, but I’m patiently waiting to see who we do get, stop being a dickhead🙄
    Ah, Insults. Always process who wins a debate.  I give in to your superior power to be an inarticulate person. 
    Pot and kettle yet again with you, I suggest you recap your previous posts, you may recall calling someone a dick head in the past!!,. It’s not about winning a debate , I couldn’t give a flying f|~k if someone agrees or not. It’s about people writing what they feel, and I feel like you’re a prick🤷🏻‍♂️
     I can't  find me swearing at you anywhere. If you have back paged to come up with that I suggest  you need a hobby. 
    Meanwhile the only people who want to be at Charlton  so far were sent packing, Purrington and Washington. 
    Fella get yourself a hobby, you are taking things far too seriously.🙄
    Don't fella me and then copy my advice. 
    Ok sweetheart💖👍
  • edited June 2022
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    So you don't either 🤔 
    Pot and kettle yet again with you, I suggest you recap your previous posts, you may recall calling someone a dick head in the past!!,. It’s not about winning a debate , I couldn’t give a flying f|~k if someone agrees or not. It’s about people writing what they feel, and I feel like you’re a prick🤷🏻‍♂️
     I can't  find me swearing at you anywhere. If you have back paged to come up with that I suggest  you need a hobby. 
    Meanwhile the only people who want to be at Charlton  so far were sent packing, Purrington and Washington. 
    Ok sweetheart💖👍
    Let me just get some 🍿 lads 😀
  • paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    So you don't either 🤔 
    Ok sweetheart💖👍
    Let me just get some 🍿 lads 😀
    😂🤷🏻‍♂️
  • edited June 2022

But a comparison between him and Pearce is dumb because he clearly has been a better player than Pearce over the last few seasons. 

It's like comparing Ben Watson and Joe Ledley, saying you may have well have kept Ledley. 
    It’s not dumb, Pearce was club captain and a known quantity. Sol Bamba only made his return and is 37. Either ways it can’t be true. 
  • RedRobin said:

It’s not dumb, Pearce was club captain and a known quantity. Sol Bamba only made his return and is 37. Either ways it can’t be true. 
    And last season was a worse player than Sol Bamba. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2022
    ButtleJR said:
    Jack tucker announced for MK
    Was never a serious target a name splashed about on social media .. fact is he was pretty poor last season and played mostly holding mid role .. two years ago he would have got a championship move now he ended up at MK Dons and not someone like us or Ipswich .. that says it all about where his career is at the moment 

You know……..you make out like you know every fucking thing and report it as fact, it’s so tedious.
    Tucker certainly WAS a very serious target.
    Had JJ have stayed, he was more than likely Valley bound, JJ was very very keen and Gallen had made some early tentative inroads as far as he ethically was able..
    So stuff that where the sun don’t shine Mr Knowall. 🤨
  • edited June 2022
    Arrange these words into a well known phrase or saying.

“signs perfect be Reed If will a day Lou it”
  • Do you ever get that feeling that you've entered a parallel universe and everything you thought you ever knew was wrong?

It's been happening to me alot since I started coming on here! 😎 Not sure if it's a coincidence. Sorry for straying off thread.
  • Being a swordfish it must feel really strange for you.
    Like a fish out of water in fact.
  • Being a swordfish it must feel really strange for you.
    Floundering at times, but I should soon be a Dabb hand at it. Do I lose points for 🐟 puns?
  • They say a watched pot never boils, well all I can say is that  I think someone’s forgot to turn the gas on!
  • edited June 2022
    swordfish said:
    Being a swordfish it must feel really strange for you.
    Floundering at times, but I should soon be a Dabb hand at it. Do I lose points for 🐟 puns?
    Been here 5 minutes and he's into the fish puns!! 🤣 You'll fit in well mate! 
  • edited June 2022
    swordfish said:
    Being a swordfish it must feel really strange for you.
    You can sometimes get “points for puns”…..but unfortunately fish puns no longer meet the required criteria and in some instances (depending which side of the bed the relevant moderator got out of), it can even lead to a points deduction.
    The points go towards your promote count……not alot of people know that.🤫