Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• cfgs said:
    Richard J said:
    I don't get the over reaction from some about Tucker.I see that Mkd have sold Harry Darling so he will likely be a replacement for him. I guess that is moneyball in action.

With Inniss, Lavelle and Deji a RCB is not a priority especially if we are going to play a flat back four.

Let's see what this week brings.
    My guess is pain, angst, bedwetting and people moaning when we do start signing people.  Somebody is always unhappy.  I don't fixate on football the way I used to so I will wait and judge our business after they have had time to settle in. 
    Agreed. Nothing we say or do will change what happens. There's no point getting stressed out about it.
  • edited June 2022
    Good to see the happy pills have kicked in for our last 4 posters. 
  • edited June 2022
    You’re right high press low press is all academic at the moment as nobody’s back in training yet to put it in practice it.
  • IAgree said:
    cfgs said:
    Richard J said:
    I don't get the over reaction from some about Tucker.I see that Mkd have sold Harry Darling so he will likely be a replacement for him. I guess that is moneyball in action.

With Inniss, Lavelle and Deji a RCB is not a priority especially if we are going to play a flat back four.

My guess is pain, angst, bedwetting and people moaning when we do start signing people.  Somebody is always unhappy.  I don't fixate on football the way I used to so I will wait and judge our business after they have had time to settle in. 
    It’s not bedwetting & moaning it’s a realistic concern about if we sign good enough players early enough. The recruitment last summer was a debacle, the recruitment of the manager was chaotic and took far far to long and now there is no substantive progress in terms recruitment of players. 

High press, low press, chest press it’s all academic without a squad!
    I was just alluding to the fact we could sign 7 players next week that 99% of us rate and still someone would rant.  The standing and reputation of the player means nothing, it is how they perform as part of our side.

We all know we need players, players that will improve greatly on last season. But no point getting really wound up now, wait until October as we can't change anything.
  • IAgree said:
    cfgs said:
    Richard J said:

It’s not bedwetting & moaning it’s a realistic concern about if we sign good enough players early enough. The recruitment last summer was a debacle, the recruitment of the manager was chaotic and took far far to long and now there is no substantive progress in terms recruitment of players. 

And yet we never go into the first game of the season unable to field a proper team why should next season be any different?
  • IAgree said:
    It’s great having players on our radar however isn’t it about time we actually signed some?!? The clock is ticking and this is all beginning to feel depressingly like last years recruitment campaign.
    @IAgree
  • IAgree said:
    cfgs said:
    Richard J said:

And yet we never go into the first game of the season unable to field a proper team why should next season be any different?
    I’m assuming your differentiating between ’proper’ to mean enough players and ‘good’?
  • IAgree said:
    cfgs said:
    Richard J said:

I’m assuming your differentiating between ’proper’ to mean enough players and ‘good’?
    I will accept we've gone into recent seasons still needing a bit more quality but the argument here seems to be we need players now because we don't have a squad.

We will have a squad for the opening day, we never fail to so I don't understand the panic which is my point.

Even the most extreme recent example Sunderland away looking back at that starting line up I think most of that starting line up played most of the season for us.

I'll be amazed if come opening day we have to field a load of kids who aren't ready to play. We'll probably still need 1 or 2 more players as always and just like everyone else.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dunno about you lot but I only look at this thread for the puns ...
  • that’s a bit fishy..
  • LTKapal said:
    that’s a bit fishy..
    That’s what I said to my ex!!🤢
  • edited June 2022
    supaclive said:
    cfgs said:
    IAgree said:
    cfgs said:
    Richard J said:

I was just alluding to the fact we could sign 7 players next week that 99% of us rate and still someone would rant.  The standing and reputation of the player means nothing, it is how they perform as part of our side.

We all know we need players, players that will improve greatly on last season. But no point getting really wound up now, wait until October as we can't change anything.
    But we aren't going to sign 7 players next week so your analogy is wasted.

It is perfectly reasonable to question what is going on based on our last 18 months.

It is a forum for varied opinions.   Anybody that dare question the management of the club gets shot down. 

Within the madness there are some very valuable opinions both for and against the current position we find ourselves in.

Ultimately the only thing that matters is success on the pitch.   Right now we are weaker than last year.  Until that changes, personally I will remain concerned.

I want to believe all will be ok.  But I don't feel comfortable it will.

Not because I don't like TS but he's the type of boss I am never happy with.  Football isn't his field.  I'm sure he's very very good at his day job.

Not wound up at all, bed-wetting etc what ever you want to call it. TS can say whatever he wants about recognising the mistakes of last season and how it will be different this year. When it comes to Charlton I think it is simply wise to adopt the nickname of the state of Missouri.
  • Described as a versatile defender that can play RB or CB. Not one I’ve heard of.  
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2022
    IAgree said:
    cfgs said:
    Richard J said:

I will accept we've gone into recent seasons still needing a bit more quality but the argument here seems to be we need players now because we don't have a squad.

The argument is wether the squad is full of injury prone journeymen and players just past their best, yes they fill up the squad but don’t win games, there’s obviously a difference.
    I think a lot of people are again waiting to see if TS delivers on another of his promises: that lessons were learnt last season and this one will be different. I feel he’s trying to be canny by always promising things in the future thereby sidestepping ’now’, whereas in football it’s now that matters and the future can take care of itself.
  • edited June 2022
    JohnnyH2 said:
    IAgree said:
    cfgs said:
    Richard J said:

We will have a squad for the opening day, we never fail to so I don't understand the panic which is my point.

Even the most extreme recent example Sunderland away looking back at that starting line up I think most of that starting line up played most of the season for us.

I'll be amazed if come opening day we have to field a load of kids who aren't ready to play. We'll probably still need 1 or 2 more players as always and just like everyone else.
    So a bench for the opening game of last season of Ghandor, Clayton, Deji,  Davison, Harness was our squad ready last season?
    No and it wasn't the point I was making if the subs bench was ready or not, it clearly wasn't and I'd be surprised if it's ready this season but we still put out a first team strength team who started the game that was more my point even if I didn't word it right. My main point is whoever we play first game we always have a first team strength team on the pitch even if it's nowhere near ready now, lack of players right now isn't going to worry me now, I'll worry about it first game when the first team is picked because whatever the circumstances whoever the owners it's something we always manage to do.
  • Johnson was third in Pompeys POTY 2020/2021, although the winner is criticised regularly on here. Johnson was surprisingly frozen out by Cowley and did ok at Fleetwood. Not one that jumps out as a great signing but can’t imagine he’s worse than Matthews or Gunter. 
  • Well I think he’s great.
  • I mean I get why people are starting to panick given what happened last season, but Thomas and Gallen have both come out and said there main aim is to not end up in that position again, do you really think they would say that if there was any chance of it happening? I’d be amazed if we don’t sign at least 5 players before the start of the season them probably another 6/7 before the end of the window including loans
  • CH4RLTON said:
    I mean I get why people are starting to panick given what happened last season, but Thomas and Gallen have both come out and said there main aim is to not end up in that position again, do you really think they would say that if there was any chance of it happening? I’d be amazed if we don’t sign at least 5 players before the start of the season them probably another 6/7 before the end of the window including loans
    Yes possibly if it sells more season tickets