Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    At at the end of the day whether we were in for him or not, he’s gone elsewhere, that happens, move on!!  If he was available and wanted to play for us he would have, he obviously didn’t. Doesn’t mean our recruitment team have done a shit job, it means we’ve missed out, or was never happening anyway. I look forward to welcoming players that WANT to play for us.
    Do you know any because I don't.  
    And that’s the point, just because you don’t , doesn’t mean anything. 
    So you don't either 🤔 
    Of course I don’t, but I’m patiently waiting to see who we do get, stop being a dickhead🙄
    Ah, Insults. Always process who wins a debate.  I give in to your superior power to be an inarticulate person. 
    Pot and kettle yet again with you, I suggest you recap your previous posts, you may recall calling someone a dick head in the past!!,. It’s not about winning a debate , I couldn’t give a flying f|~k if someone agrees or not. It’s about people writing what they feel, and I feel like you’re a prick🤷🏻‍♂️
     I can't  find me swearing at you anywhere. If you have back paged to come up with that I suggest  you need a hobby. 
    Meanwhile the only people who want to be at Charlton  so far were sent packing, Purrington and Washington. 
    Fella get yourself a hobby, you are taking things far too seriously.🙄
    Don't fella me and then copy my advice. 
    Ok sweetheart💖👍
    Let me just get some 🍿 lads 😀

• JamesSeed said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    At at the end of the day whether we were in for him or not, he’s gone elsewhere, that happens, move on!!  If he was available and wanted to play for us he would have, he obviously didn’t. Doesn’t mean our recruitment team have done a shit job, it means we’ve missed out, or was never happening anyway. I look forward to welcoming players that WANT to play for us.
    So you don't either 🤔 
    Of course I don’t, but I’m patiently waiting to see who we do get, stop being a dickhead🙄
    Ah, Insults. Always process who wins a debate.  I give in to your superior power to be an inarticulate person. 
    Sometimes I wish I was a mod. Where's that delete button!

• Sage said:
    Panutche Camara of Plymouth transfer listed due to not wanting to sign a new contract. 

Unsure if he would be Garner’s type of player but he’s a top midfielder for this league. Plymouth said they’re not prepared to sell to a League One rival, but if the price is right and he wanted to join, there would be a deal to be done.
    I thought he'd already been linked with Sheff Wed

Guess Plymouth are unwilling to do business. 
  • paulfox said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    84 new posts and the most notable thing happening is addick1956 playing hard to get 
    Must of heard the rumour my arse is like a  wizards sleeve!! 

• Sage said:
    Panutche Camara of Plymouth transfer listed due to not wanting to sign a new contract. 

Unsure if he would be Garner’s type of player but he’s a top midfielder for this league. Plymouth said they’re not prepared to sell to a League One rival, but if the price is right and he wanted to join, there would be a deal to be done.
    I thought he'd already been linked with Sheff Wed

Guess Plymouth are unwilling to do business. 
    I really rate Camara, think he is a lower league Yaya, can dominate midfields and has a real physical presence. But I don’t think him, Dobson and Fraser works at all, certainly not a Garner midfield 
  • Sage said:

That's ok as we aren't one of their rivals. They mean Sheff W, Derby, or MK Dons. Our rivals are Lincoln, Shrewsbury & Cambridge.
  • Have already said it, but for me, he was the best player in the league last season. Absolutely worth pushing any boat out for. The exact kind of energetic box to box midfielder we were desperate for last season. Dobson, Fraser and him would be a dream ticket.

Absolutely cannot see it happening but would be such a statement of intent if we could get him.

Anyone wishing for a high press would be desperate to get their hands on him.
  • Latest rumour is that transport for the Spain trip has been downgraded to a Nissan Micra. 

Caravan sent back after the Tucker deal fell through.  
  • Scoham said:
    @killerandflash and @CAFCTrev...

This... THIS is the sort of work and effort you have to put in, if you truly want to boost your lol! count
  • Sponsored links:

• With Camara, at the age of 25 (turned 25 in February) and a year left on his contract, how much would he be on at Plymouth and therefore, how much would he likely go for knowing he will walk away for nothing in 12 months?

Would love for us to show that intent and go and sign him. It would make other players we are going for sit up and take us that bit more seriously too.

At least I hope he’s on the list we are looking at/having discussions about.

• From BBC Gossip page. 

I reckon we could get him if we could push it to a monkey a week ?!?
    Not sure he passes the height test though.
  • Sage said:
    With Camara, at the age of 25 (turned 25 in February) and a year left on his contract, how much would he be on at Plymouth and therefore, how much would he likely go for knowing he will walk away for nothing in 12 months?

Would love for us to show that intent and go and sign him. It would make other players we are going for sit up and take us that bit more seriously too.

At least I hope he’s on the list we are looking at/having discussions about.
    Black box says .................. wait until the end of the window when we might get him cheap.
  • swordfish said:
    Being a swordfish it must feel really strange for you.
    Like a fish out of water in fact.
    Floundering at times, but I should soon be a Dabb hand at it. Do I lose points for 🐟 puns?
    No but you’re endanger of trying too hard. 

Unlike me. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    So you don't either 🤔 
    Sometimes I wish I was a mod. Where's that delete button!

• With the spotlight on him here he is in danger of overexposure 
    I see what you did there. Good one.  B)
  • Latest rumour is that transport for the Spain trip has been downgraded to a Nissan Micra. 

Caravan sent back after the Tucker deal fell through.  
    How can a deal fall through that was never there in the first place ??

• From BBC Gossip page. 

I reckon we could get him if we could push it to a monkey a week ?!?

Greedy git Salah,..at least Dick Turpin wore a mask.. B)
  • Sponsored links:

• This Black Box. Is it a huge database of player metrics (eg. Opta stats) that Club's subscribe to and have their analysts define search parameters for, or is it a bespoke system for each Club populated with data collated by their own analysts?

I only ask wondering how Sol Bamba came to be on our radar, assuming our reported interest in him is true. We can't have been using age as an exclusion criteria!

I'm not generally in favour of taking on more players entering the twilight years of their careers, given the most recent examples, but can see it as a short term fix if we're still short of defenders as the window slams  shut and we need a steadying influence at the back of proven ability.

It seems at odds with past statements made about the way forward for us though and think we should pursue other targets first, but maybe with Pearce finishing we're looking for a unifying figure in the dressing room, or is that just me talking bollox! 🤔
  • Can’t get the song La Bamba out of my head.
  • Can’t get the song La Bamba out of my head.
    If we did get him, perhaps we should really think outside the Box age wise and plump for Gascoigne. Would prove a Challenge, and probably not a Universally popular choice.

No need to say a word. I didn't bring a coat and was leaving anyway! 😎
  • La Bamba is an old Mexican tune/song, made famous by Ritchie Valens. The song Twist and Shout is a derivative of La Bamba made famous by Dillon Phillips.
  • It’s great having players on our radar however isn’t it about time we actually signed some?!? The clock is ticking and this is all beginning to feel depressingly like last years recruitment campaign.
  • IAgree said:
    It’s great having players on our radar however isn’t it about time we actually signed some?!? The clock is ticking and this is all beginning to feel depressingly like last years recruitment campaign.
    Might even end up with a weaker squad than last season...
  • Richard J said:
    I don't get the over reaction from some about Tucker.I see that Mkd have sold Harry Darling so he will likely be a replacement for him. I guess that is moneyball in action.

With Inniss, Lavelle and Deji a RCB is not a priority especially if we are going to play a flat back four.

Let's see what this week brings.
    My guess is pain, angst, bedwetting and people moaning when we do start signing people.  Somebody is always unhappy.  I don't fixate on football the way I used to so I will wait and judge our business after they have had time to settle in.