Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• paulfox said:
    At at the end of the day whether we were in for him or not, he’s gone elsewhere, that happens, move on!!  If he was available and wanted to play for us he would have, he obviously didn’t. Doesn’t mean our recruitment team have done a shit job, it means we’ve missed out, or was never happening anyway. I look forward to welcoming players that WANT to play for us.
    Do you know any because I don't.  
    And that’s the point, just because you don’t , doesn’t mean anything. 
  • Only at charlton could we get on the owners back, regarding missing out on a transfer which we were never confirmed to be in for 
    I don’t think I’ve seen one person on the owners back over this so far* as I know TS will spend. I am concerned with Gallen and the rest of whoever gives the all clear now. To let Tucker go to a potential rival team in the league, in a position we are desperate for is criminal, where is the ambition. 

I would love to be wrong but this will be another signing that we will regret I imagine 

Not this...just everything else! 
  • thenewbie said:
    Only at charlton could we get on the owners back, regarding missing out on a transfer which we were never confirmed to be in for 
    I don’t think I’ve seen one person on the owners back over this so far* as I know TS will spend. I am concerned with Gallen and the rest of whoever gives the all clear now. To let Tucker go to a potential rival team in the league, in a position we are desperate for is criminal, where is the ambition. 

I would love to be wrong but this will be another signing that we will regret I imagine 

I'm sorry, "let him go"!? What the actual fuck kind of entitlement is that? Was he somehow destined to end up here until something we did or didn't do let those crafty Dons sneak in and steal him away?

Like fuck. He's the one who made the choice and we don't know why or what offers were made. He could be offered the captaincy or made some other promise, they could have just offered him more money but that doesn't mean we lowballed, we just (potentially) got outbid this time.
    Our new manager may not have wanted him? Crazy I know letting the manager have a say, what is the club doing?😂😂
  • paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    At at the end of the day whether we were in for him or not, he’s gone elsewhere, that happens, move on!!  If he was available and wanted to play for us he would have, he obviously didn’t. Doesn’t mean our recruitment team have done a shit job, it means we’ve missed out, or was never happening anyway. I look forward to welcoming players that WANT to play for us.
    I don’t think it’s unreasonable to discuss why we’ve missed out though. As good as MK have been over the last couple of seasons, it’s a concern if we’ve missed out because we couldn’t compete financially, no? 
    Have we missed out? Was you part of the committee? Please don’t support you answer based upon hearsay, because that just shows none of us know, and that is what appears to be what the recruitment team are happy to be the situation. As Henry says wiotos, or something like that.😂
    Well according to @Swisdom we have been.  I would imagine he didn't make it up.
  • edited June 2022
    Swisdom said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Jack tucker announced for MK
    Was never a serious target a name splashed about on social media .. fact is he was pretty poor last season and played mostly holding mid role .. two years ago he would have got a championship move now he ended up at MK Dons and not someone like us or Ipswich .. that says it all about where his career is at the moment 

I often read your comments and roll my eyes but never bite.

im hot and bothered today but…..

You don’t half talk some utter bollocks.  Complete and utter horse shit

Sugar coating it @Swisdom? 🤣

I'm only a month into my CL experience, but I've noticed posts made by @RonnieMoore seem to attract a certain degree of animosity by way of reaction.

Whilst it's quite entertaining and funny for me as I'm blissfully unaware of the background, I hope he takes the ribbing in good part and has a thick skin.

His views sometimes seem at odds with others, and he's not always right, who is?  but many lifers disagree without resorting to the sort of open hostility that seems specially reserved for him, fair or not. I feel like I'm intruding on a private feud!

I've no knowledge of this other forum he apparently contributes to, or what he says on there, so I can't comment on that.

It might be best if I was spared the details and remained ignorant, but to an outsider, I have to say the bitterness isn't a good look.

BTW, back in the day, I paid my pound to secure the real Ronnie's services as requested by Lennie and have fond memories of him playing for us, both in defence and attack. What is it they say, there's more unites us than divides us!

I suspect this aimless post might attract a couple of lol's given the feeling towards him, but I couldn't resist poking my snout in after seeing Swisdom's hilarious outburst.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    I don’t think it’s unreasonable to discuss why we’ve missed out though. As good as MK have been over the last couple of seasons, it’s a concern if we’ve missed out because we couldn’t compete financially, no? 
    Have we missed out? Was you part of the committee? Please don’t support you answer based upon hearsay, because that just shows none of us know, and that is what appears to be what the recruitment team are happy to be the situation. As Henry says wiotos, or something like that.😂
    Swisdom doesn’t sign the players, if the recruitment team were in for him and thought he was worthy of pushing harder they probably would, again more we can only guess about. 
  • thenewbie said:
    Only at charlton could we get on the owners back, regarding missing out on a transfer which we were never confirmed to be in for 

I'm sorry, "let him go"!? What the actual fuck kind of entitlement is that? Was he somehow destined to end up here until something we did or didn't do let those crafty Dons sneak in and steal him away?

Like fuck. He's the one who made the choice and we don't know why or what offers were made. He could be offered the captaincy or made some other promise, they could have just offered him more money but that doesn't mean we lowballed, we just (potentially) got outbid this time.
    If I am entitled because I expect us to outdo MK Dons on any free agent then I will gladly accept that title. Are we really accepting MK Dons are the class above when it’s been proven in one window, time and time again in this league you can turn it around? 

If a player is a free agent and we were in for him and didn’t get him and we weren’t outrageously outdone offer wise, then yeah I’d call that letting go. 

@Braziliance take a deep breath and chill. You come across as though you’ve been personally slighted by this and I’m not surprised given the amount of time you say you’ve sunk into reading up on him. 

But this is the scenario we find ourselves in. The “name” targets will fancy the clubs that they feel best match their ambitions and until we do something other than chase our own tail, we’ll always fight an uphill battle.

Having said all that, there are always transfers that come out of left field that no-one has heard of that exceed expectations. Tucker is not Franz Beckenbauer and I’ll be willing to bet that he doesn’t end up being League One Defender of the Year next summer. Perhaps the bloke we sign instead could.
    If I am honest fella I am as calm as anything, on the train to work and just engaging on a transfer thread about a player we were linked with. 

If my posts come across really animated then fair enough, I do text with conviction if I believe something but it doesn’t mean I ain’t chilled out about it, just sharing my thoughts 

I also didn’t do much research on him haha, checked out Gills forums, Reading and Swansea + checked him out on who scored compared with our centre backs, that’s minor research for me :p 
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    5 games out of his 46 in midfield, yep played the majority. What a load of poo. 

Downplay that signing all you want, that was definitely a player on our radar and they couldn’t get it done. Happy to stick my neck out and say we won’t sign a better centre back than him for this coming season 

MK Dons recruitment and scouting team are absolutely levels above ours. Just genuinely copy who they are after 
    We don't need him, we've got the Community King Inniss! /s
    I’d like to see you call him that time his face ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• thenewbie said:

If I am entitled because I expect us to outdo MK Dons on any free agent then I will gladly accept that title. Are we really accepting MK Dons are the class above when it’s been proven in one window, time and time again in this league you can turn it around? 

If a player is a free agent and we were in for him and didn’t get him and we weren’t outrageously outdone offer wise, then yeah I’d call that letting go. 

@Braziliance take a deep breath and chill. You come across as though you’ve been personally slighted by this and I’m not surprised given the amount of time you say you’ve sunk into reading up on him. 

But this is the scenario we find ourselves in. The “name” targets will fancy the clubs that they feel best match their ambitions and until we do something other than chase our own tail, we’ll always fight an uphill battle.

Having said all that, there are always transfers that come out of left field that no-one has heard of that exceed expectations. Tucker is not Franz Beckenbauer and I’ll be willing to bet that he doesn’t end up being League One Defender of the Year next summer. Perhaps the bloke we sign instead could.
    If I am honest fella I am as calm as anything, on the train to work and just engaging on a transfer thread about a player we were linked with. 

If my posts come across really animated then fair enough, I do text with conviction if I believe something but it doesn’t mean I ain’t chilled out about it, just sharing my thoughts 

I also didn’t do much research on him haha, checked out Gills forums, Reading and Swansea + checked him out on who scored compared with our centre backs, that’s minor research for me :p 
    If only we had this level of passion on the pitch last season!!😂
  • edited June 2022
    Imagine losing out to a player to a franchise…..buzzing for next year…..

John Marquis is being watched by Dunkin' Donuts and Louis Reed is discussing personal terms with Taco bell. George Dobson has been offered a contract for 4 seasons from Pizza hut; Dobson is chewing over the offer.
  • edited June 2022

Who is this Tucker anyway? I’d never heard of him until a couple of pages back.
    It’s possible we’ll regret not signing him but it’s also possible we’ll sign someone better; it’s possible if we’d signed him he’d have turned out to be rubbish; it’s possible he won’t do well at MKFranchise. 
    BUT
    I'm getting nervous now. I was convinced they’d be able to announce someone this week. 
  • thenewbie said:

Agree that in this league things can be turned around in only one window. With that being true it suggests there’s enough players out there that we shouldn’t be too concerned that MK Dons have signed Tucker. If good players were so rare it would likely need two or three windows to improve a squad to the required standard. It’s not a big stretch to believe we might sign someone equally as effective.

I expect we’re focusing more on left footed CBs considering we already have Lavelle, Inniss and Deji anyway. It’s not a must have but it’s more important when you’re implementing a possession style.
  • paulfox said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    Swisdom doesn’t sign the players, if the recruitment team were in for him and thought he was worthy of pushing harder they probably would, again more we can only guess about. 
    Of course he doesn't, but he certainly talks to people that do!
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    paulfox said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    Of course he doesn't, but he certainly talks to people that do!
    Ok.👍
  • Maybe Tucker preferred not to go to a local "rival". Just because we're nearer, that doesn't necessarily make us a preferred destination
  • swordfish said:
    shine166 said:
    swordfish said:
    Scoham said:
    Not exactly a resounding vote of confidence in our ability to secure our targets is it? 

I guess many in the footballing world are unsure of our future direction of travel under TS, given that he's presided over a couple of false starts to his lofty ambitions and keeps having to reset.

That might deter some players from making the sort of longer term commitment desired, so we might have to improve on our utilisation of the  loans market for the time being, not that I like us having to rely on it.

However, let's face it, the bar has been set very low after last seasons 'late off the shelf' selection of underperforming misfits. Plenty of room for improvement there!
    It's weird what people read into things.

To me, it literally says stop panicking youl get players through the door.
    I can see what you mean when the tweet is taken in isolation. However, having just read our owners comments to the fans forum concerning the loans market, he clearly sees it as being an important part of our plans for this season to get right. 

Ideally, we wouldn't be so reliant on it and that's the bigger point I was trying to make, badly obviously.
    The loan system  means a rebuild at least in part every year....which is pointless wasted energy instead of a preseason as it should be.
    What team, apart from the very top, doesn't rely on loans, more so at our level? What doesn't help is people not buying season tickets this season, or in your case maybe next year!
  • Maybe Tucker preferred not to go to a local "rival". Just because we're nearer, that doesn't necessarily make us a preferred destination
    He may be a Millwall fan and that swayed his decision, but in any event perhaps we have someone else lined up who we feel would better suit and weren’t serious about Tucker in the first place. 
  • Sponsored links:

• paulfox said:
    Do you know any because I don't.  
    How many players do you know?
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    The conversation I've had was the recruitment team aren't worried and things will start falling into place soon. Let's wait and see...
    I seem to remember that was the mantra last season. 

If you want your squad playing as a team then its good that they can start as early as possible & use pre-season games as time to gel together. 
  • Macronate said:
    MK Dons have announced two other signings as well but have only released one picture:

Gordon McQueen in the middle and Nathanial Clyne on the right. 
  • Wait, so we've been tracking Tucker for months, possibly had a word with his old man (correct me if wrong swisdom), yet once available, and on a free no less... we ..... Wasn't actually..in for him....

Ok. 
  • This transfer window is turning out to be a tragedy, still at least we’re staying alive.
  • This transfer window is turning out to be a tragedy, still at least we’re staying alive.
    Hopefully we’ll take some Steps in the right direction 
    Hopefully we’ll take some Steps in the right direction 
    Who? 😂 

im more old school, you win again!