Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• edited June 2022
    5 games out of his 46 in midfield, yep played the majority. What a load of poo. 

Downplay that signing all you want, that was definitely a player on our radar and they couldn’t get it done. Happy to stick my neck out and say we won’t sign a better centre back than him for this coming season 

MK Dons recruitment and scouting team are absolutely levels above ours. Just genuinely copy who they are after 
  • 5 games out of his 46 in midfield, yep played the majority. What a load of poo. 

Downplay that signing all you want, that was definitely a player on our radar and they couldn’t get it done. Happy to stick my neck out and say we won’t sign a better centre back than him for this coming season 

MK Dons recruitment and scouting team are absolutely levels above ours. Just genuinely copy who they are after 
    We don't need him, we've got the Community King Inniss! /s
  • I found the MK Dons stadium hugely impressive when I was in there recently. Mind you, I had just finished a half marathon and, after running 13.1 miles, a run down shed in a field would have impressed me provided the word 'Finish' appeared anywhere in the vicinity. 🏃
  • Any legit proof we were actually after Tucker? Like ive said would have happily seen him here but there will be other decent players out there!
    Yes - somebody's Dad spoke to Jacko while he was out running with Gilbey and they confirmed Tucker was going to be the next member.
  • 5 games out of his 46 in midfield, yep played the majority. What a load of poo. 

Doesn’t take much…
  • Sponsored links:

• Someone like us or Ipswich. What, two teams who finished nowhere near the playoffs last season 😂
  • I haven’t been keeping up with this thread, but with training due to start a question crossed my mind. Assuming we’re planning on signing players who or out of contract, can they actually train with us now, or would they have to wait until their old contract expires at the end of the month. 

It seems training is starting earlier, presumably for the World Cup, but has that created a contract grey area. 
  • Imagine losing out to a player to a franchise…..buzzing for next year…..
  • Swisdom said:
    Tucker has gone elsewhere - oh well move down the list.  That’s why we don’t put all our eggs in one basket

MKDons we’re offering him a good package as far back as our Ipswich game

theyve been on his trail for as long as we have and are, as painful as it is to admit, ahead of us at present by about a season.

on to the next
    Planning transfers before the season ends? Revolutionary. 
  • Not convinced Barry is good enough for us anyway 
    Not convinced anyone is good enough for us. Gonna be a long disappointing pre-season 😜
  • edited June 2022
    Swisdom said:
    Tucker has gone elsewhere - oh well move down the list.  That’s why we don’t put all our eggs in one basket

theyve been on his trail for as long as we have and are, as painful as it is to admit, ahead of us at present by about a season.

on to the next
    Yeah but doesn’t that just feel like an excuse? I’m sure he would just go to the highest bidder or wage offer in this instance, regardless who showed interest first. 

You say they’re ahead, and I agree but that can be turned around within a season, Wigan showed it last season. Are MK Dons really more ambitious than us? I find it hard to believe 

are you seriously suggesting that MK Dons offer substantially better financial packages than us? Cause if so that’s concerning

the way I see it it’s either that or our recruitment team don’t know what they’re doing, neither are ideal 
  • edited June 2022
    Only at charlton could we get on the owners back, regarding missing out on a transfer which we were never confirmed to be in for 
    I don’t think I’ve seen one person on the owners back over this so far* as I know TS will spend. I am concerned with Gallen and the rest of whoever gives the all clear now. To let Tucker go to a potential rival team in the league, in a position we are desperate for is criminal, where is the ambition. 

I would love to be wrong but this will be another signing that we will regret I imagine 

• Sponsored links:

• Only at charlton could we get on the owners back, regarding missing out on a transfer which we were never confirmed to be in for 

So, we have found something we are unique at, yeah sure, that scenario is no doubt repeated at 9 out of 10 clubs up and down the country, nothing unique about us.. B)
  • Only at charlton could we get on the owners back, regarding missing out on a transfer which we were never confirmed to be in for 
    ...and who may not even be that good anyway...
  • Swisdom said:

on to the next
    Yeah but doesn’t that just feel like an excuse? I’m sure he would just go to the highest bidder or wage offer in this instance, regardless who showed interest first. 

You say they’re ahead, and I agree but that can be turned around within a season, Wigan showed it last season. Are MK Dons really more ambitious than us? I find it hard to believe 

are you seriously suggesting that MK Dons offer substantially better financial packages than us? Cause if so that’s concerning

the way I see it it’s either that or our recruitment team don’t know what they’re doing, neither are ideal 
    He's picked the team that finished 3rd last season over the team that finished 13th. 

It's not a hard decision for him, they have a better team than us currently and he's more likely to be in the Championship with them in 2023 than us unless we can have a spectacular summer. 
  • Nice one TS, we’ve missed out on another player to a rival that we was never in for in the first place.  
  • Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:

on to the next
    Planning transfers before the season ends? Revolutionary. 
    Just as we have been

if they are so incredible and revolutionary why did it take until now to get over the line?  It’s a tough market that’s why!
    Actions will tell won’t they. I hope you’re right and that we’re ready for 31st July and not scrambling around on deadline day for youth loans. 
  • edited June 2022
    @Braziliance take a deep breath and chill. You come across as though you’ve been personally slighted by this and I’m not surprised given the amount of time you say you’ve sunk into reading up on him. 

But this is the scenario we find ourselves in. The “name” targets will fancy the clubs that they feel best match their ambitions and until we do something other than chase our own tail, we’ll always fight an uphill battle.

Having said all that, there are always transfers that come out of left field that no-one has heard of that exceed expectations. Tucker is not Franz Beckenbauer and I’ll be willing to bet that he doesn’t end up being League One Defender of the Year next summer. Perhaps the bloke we sign instead could.
  • paulfox said:
    At at the end of the day whether we were in for him or not, he’s gone elsewhere, that happens, move on!!  If he was available and wanted to play for us he would have, he obviously didn’t. Doesn’t mean our recruitment team have done a shit job, it means we’ve missed out, or was never happening anyway. I look forward to welcoming players that WANT to play for us.
    I don’t think it’s unreasonable to discuss why we’ve missed out though. As good as MK have been over the last couple of seasons, it’s a concern if we’ve missed out because we couldn’t compete financially, no? 
    Have we missed out? Was you part of the committee? Please don’t support you answer based upon hearsay, because that just shows none of us know, and that is what appears to be what the recruitment team are happy to be the situation. As Henry says wiotos, or something like that.😂