Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Three signings next week and we can all agree we are on track for a cracking season.

It is tomorrow that training starts.
    We leave for Spain on Saturday.
    Depends who the 3 are doesn't it?

If its Gunter, Watson and Souare I think we would all agree we won't be on for a cracking season.

Even if it's 3 cracking signings it still depends if we back it up or not.  We started last seasons business well enough. 

I wish I could be as blindy optimistic as you. 
    Great news, the Black Box, it say “NO” to all three of those players so we will not be signing them. What a start to the week!

If you will still be pessimistic even of we signed three players this week, let alone “cracking” signings, then I feel a little sad for you. 

For me, three permanent signings this week will show we are progressing as a club as I trust SG to get in good ones, and then we will be able to have a good shot at top six. Really exciting time of the year and looking forward to the new season.

Live, Love, Laugh and be happy 😊 
    I'll be optimistic when there is something to be optimistic about.

I see absolutely no reason to be optimistic, nor to be all doom and gloom either.

I'll judge our business as and when it gets done.

Blind faith on SG getting the good ones in, after the last 3 windows, is just that.  Blind faith.
    I think SG has been hit and miss in the last couple of windows. But there have definitely been some good ones come in. I don't think it is blind faith to say his track record is decent. He has definitely pulled out a few duds as well. Hopefully with a more focused team this summer, they can identify more carefully what is needed and what will improve us as a team and not pick up so much dead wood along the way.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Heard 2 signings to be announced today!
    Rev up the whelmometer
  • I have it on good authority that a number of new players - that's players plural - have been sighted at the training ground today
  • edited June 2022
    Johnson liley to be one, who will the other be? Marquis I wonder. 
  • Rothko said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Cool, lets hope people find their imaginary friend, who supports the club they've moved from to slag them off on here within minutes.

Not sure I follow... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Johnson liley to be one, who will the other be? Marquis I wonder. 
    I think it will be Conway from Swindon, out of contract and their captain.
  • Johnson and McKirdy?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I don't think it's Marquis.

The other has been mentioned on here and is from Swindon.  I think.
    Reed or Mckirdy👀👀
  • edited June 2022

• Rothko said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Rothko said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Cool, lets hope people find their imaginary friend, who supports the club they've moved from to slag them off on here within minutes.

Not sure I follow... 
    It's the constant thing on here at the moment, that when a player is rumoured or signed, someone will find a mate of a mate from the bloke down the pub, who supports that team, to find a reason to slag off that player, and then the inevitable meltdown follows. 
    Gotcha!
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    2 new players at the training ground 👀👀👀
    Both injured tying their bootlaces up, out for the season!
  • Sponsored links:

• Forgive me I haven’t been reading this thread religiously - who are Reed and Johnson ?
  • Reed an employment agency and Johnson, air fresheners...
  • I didn't know the full background of Reed - been with Swindon for one season, was part of the Posh squad that got promoted the season before .....

Town land highly-sought after Reed - News - Swindon Town (swindontownfc.co.uk)
  • Forgive me I haven’t been reading this thread religiously - who are Reed and Johnson ?
    DCM from Swindon and OOC right back who was at Fleetwood on loan from Pompey last season.
    You aren't proper Charlton unless you read every post at least once.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I don't think it's Marquis.

The other has been mentioned on here and is from Swindon.  I think.
    Reed or Mckirdy👀👀
    Reed I believe along with Johnson, unless any last minute hitchs! 
    ✅️✅️
    I won't believe it's happening until Cawley confirms it in a tweet & Sandgaard denies it!!
  • We talk about needing 16 players in but I think a few could leave making this more. Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see any of the following move on…

Davidson
    MacG
    DJ
    Gilbey
    Kirk

Even Stockley has been mentioned as a possible sale.

Realistically it is going to take Garner a couple of windows (atleast) to get the squad he most likely wants.
    No acceptable in that case...JJ had one window and the boot. What makes anyone think that this won't change. TS has not given any manager more than one window since he took over.
    Apart from the 2 Bowyer had......
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    2 new players at the training ground 👀👀👀
    Please give a warm welcome to Adam Matthews  Robbie Mustoe and Jason Pearce Jesper Blomqvist........
    Corrected for you