Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Assuming that nothing has changed is no more sensible or likely than assuming that something has changed. It's Schrodinger's paradox at this point.

But basing opinions on the links to the like of Marquis and Bostock etc is utterly pointless given that there's been no genuine indication we have any interest in them at all. Tucker at least got a Cawley "understanding" that we'd tried but probably not succeeded. Anyone and everyone else linked is pure Twitter speculation at best and utter nonsense at worst.
  • edited June 2022
    I stated originally "Likelihood is that it's somewhere in between... And any reasonable person could appreciate that. "

So you admit that you cannot accept 1% different puts us somewhere between 0% change and 100%. Got it. Good to know. 

Instead you ridicule a simply poorly worded recount in a later post. Then say you're not. 

Whatever man, if you're enjoying wallowing in misery, you go for it. Just know whilst misery loves company, company does not love misery. It becomes tiresome for everyone and drags us all down.
  • “I remain to be convinced and so does my wife!”
  • supaclive said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    supaclive said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I love how people are loosing their shit because of a month old rumour that Marquis had passed a medical and was going to sign and that is a signal of our intent.

Is there a single credible source of it?
    Nobody (hardly anybody) is losing their shit.  This again is what I'm saying.  Anybody that has reservations about things becomes a subject of ridicule or mirth.

WHEN things change and the club SHOWS it's learnt from its mistakes, rather than just saying it has, I'll be on board.

At the same time you, and others, have said signing players like Marquis and Bostock are repeating the mistakes of last season.

I would agree if we had actually signed Marquis and Bostock.  We haven't, there is no credible rumour that we even might.
    But we've been heavily linked with them.  And not a lot of other players.   Apart from the new right back (potentially) and a 37 year old centre half.

'Heavily linked with them' :D
    Pete Burns off Twitter with his 55 followers said we'd given Marquis a medical a month ago and we're heavily linked! Outstanding. One thing Sandgaard has clearly tried very hard to do is limit leaks, it's noticeable how much less lead-in time there is between the rumour and the transfer now than when Bowyer was in. I wonder if certain giant leakers have been removed..
  • edited June 2022
    Dazzler21 said:
    I stated originally "Likelihood is that it's somewhere in between... And any reasonable person could appreciate that. "

So you admit that you cannot accept 1% different puts us somewhere between 0% change and 100%. Got it. Good to know. 

Instead you ridicule a simply poorly worded recount in a later post. Then say you're not. 

Whatever man, if you're enjoying wallowing in misery, you go for it. Just know whilst misery loves company, company does not love misery. It becomes tiresome for everyone and drags us all down.
    Again no ridicule.

I'm not miserable.  I'm simply unconvinced.

If Charlton win the league I'll be happy for us fans.   If we get relegated, my own life won't actually change much.

• Sponsored links:

• - Cawley says Tucker to Charlton was never close to being done.
    - Callum Johnson recently follows Charlton and Sandgaard on social media.
    - Pete O’Rourke says we are interested in signing Danny Hylton but face competition from Ipswich and Portsmouth
    - In May, Pete O’Rourke said we were interested in Alex Gorrin if he didn’t sign a new deal with Oxford, but he did re-sign with Oxford.

Every other rumour so far has come from dodgy sources and should be taken with massive punches of salt.
    Then I am inclined to remain unconvinced!  😘😘🤣🤣
  • Heavily linked?lol

Tweet was from a new twitter account with 5 followers wasn’t it?
    I thought it was a slight step up from that, a poster or two on here who had heard we had signed each of them.

Either way those rumours must have been at least a couple of weeks ago and still nothing has been announced. If we don't sign them this week we're probably safe to say those rumours weren't true.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I love how people are loosing their shit because of a month old rumour that Marquis had passed a medical and was going to sign and that is a signal of our intent.

Nobody (hardly anybody) is losing their shit.  This again is what I'm saying.  Anybody that has reservations about things becomes a subject of ridicule or mirth.

WHEN things change and the club SHOWS it's learnt from its mistakes, rather than just saying it has, I'll be on board.

Your posts over the last page or two don’t come across as just having reservations. Closer to actively campaigning against the club and it’s recruitment process.

What about Callum Johnson has provoked such a strong reaction? You say it’s only having reservations but your posts do not read that way. You or I have absolutely no idea how good he may or may not be unless he pulls on the shirt. Why not reserve judgement until then?

What are you expecting and what would realistically satisfy your expectations?
    Even though I say I remain unconvinced that we haven't learnt from our mistakes and nothing shows me we have yet.

And that when we do, I'll be on board?

We are 14 players less than last season
    We had a list of active targets when Garner joined
    We started pre season last week 
    We go to Spain this week

I repeat.  Until the club actually SHOWS it has learnt from previous mistakes, I remain unconvinced.

Callum Johnson may well be a decent addition.  He'd be better than what currently we have as a natural right back - nothing.

We are told we have a top 3 wage bill.  I haven't seen that replicated on the pitch.

I hope this year is different.

Right now I don't believe it will be.

What is so hard to understand?  You don't need to agree with me, but I fail to see why anybody blindly thinks it is going to change.

You can believe/hope it does.

Right now, NOTHING has.

That is all.

You don't know what's going on in the background so right now you know as much as the rest of us as to what has changed. 

We could be doing everything differently or all the same. 

Likelihood is that it's somewhere in between... And any reasonable person could appreciate that. 
     I know that the squad is in a far far worse position than it was last season.

You can put your fingers in your ears and whistle 'things can only get better 'all you like but the signs as they currently stand signify that the coming season will somehow manage to be more of a clusterf**k than the last two!

As @supaclive said, the current hierarchy are very good at talking a good game. I've yet to see much to convince me that they are any good at showing it.
    Before the teams even reported back for training...thats pretty impressive 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Your posts over the last page or two don’t come across as just having reservations. Closer to actively campaigning against the club and it’s recruitment process.

What about Callum Johnson has provoked such a strong reaction? You say it’s only having reservations but your posts do not read that way. You or I have absolutely no idea how good he may or may not be unless he pulls on the shirt. Why not reserve judgement until then?

Even though I say I remain unconvinced that we haven't learnt from our mistakes and nothing shows me we have yet.

We go to Spain this week

I repeat.  Until the club actually SHOWS it has learnt from previous mistakes, I remain unconvinced.

Callum Johnson may well be a decent addition.  He'd be better than what currently we have as a natural right back - nothing.

We are told we have a top 3 wage bill.  I haven't seen that replicated on the pitch.

What is so hard to understand?  You don't need to agree with me, but I fail to see why anybody blindly thinks it is going to change.

Right now, NOTHING has.

That is all.

You don't know what's going on in the background so right now you know as much as the rest of us as to what has changed. 

Likelihood is that it's somewhere in between... And any reasonable person could appreciate that. 

You can put your fingers in your ears and whistle 'things can only get better 'all you like but the signs as they currently stand signify that the coming season will somehow manage to be more of a clusterf**k than the last two!

As @supaclive said, the current hierarchy are very good at talking a good game. I've yet to see much to convince me that they are any good at showing it.
    We reported back for training 3 days ago.....
  • No.  16th back training.  Go to Spain tomorrow.
  • supaclive said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

We go to Spain this week

Right now, NOTHING has.

That is all.

Moved to tomorrow hasn't it with the Spain trip end of the week. 
    Even if they had come back on Thursday...3 days and the seasons apparently already ruined. 
  • supaclive said:
    No.  16th back training.  Go to Spain tomorrow.
    supaclive said:
    Pretty sure training was put back to tomorrow and Spain is Saturday?
  • Sponsored links:

• supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    You could be right!

Still unconvinced though 😉
  • supaclive said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

We go to Spain this week

Right now, NOTHING has.

That is all.

Moved to tomorrow hasn't it with the Spain trip end of the week. 
    Even if they had come back on Thursday...3 days and the seasons apparently already ruined. 
    Come on now!  Not ruined.

I can't repeat myself again.
  • Because I have no words...

I had a bollock tingle last night!!!👍, just thought I’d say……..or is that too much info?😬
  • supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    This 👍
  • paulfox said:
    Because I have no words...

I had a bollock tingle last night!!!👍, just thought I’d say……..or is that too much info?😬
    I heard custard can fix that issue....
  • paulfox said:
    Because I have no words...

I heard custard can fix that issue....
    I think it’s what caused it, I dipped too soon think I burnt me pubes off!!🥵😂 
  • Cawley's linked Hylton with Wimbledon rather than us. Interesting the article says Luton had been in talks to keep him though.