Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• edited June 2022
    Didn't realise he was a Ghana International, so presumably we could lose him during the World Cup?
  • Not a big fan of Mac, so I'm happy we've signed a new keeper.  Sounds decent
  • Didn't realise he was a Ghana International, so presumably we could lose him during the World Cup?
    And African Cup of Nations, presumably.
  • Didn’t Swindon both score and concede the most in the league last season? Makes me think I’d rather be raiding their attackers than goalkeeper & defenders! *I watched 0 league 2 games last season so have no knowledge of how good these players are
  • edited June 2022
    Didn't realise he was a Ghana International, so presumably we could lose him during the World Cup?
    Highly likely... One Swindon fan has tweeted tonight claiming that the Ghana coach told Wollacott that he had to be playing at a higher level if he wanted to go to the World Cup later this year.

Its a lot less likely, but ironically we could actually lose both him and Maynard-Brewer to the World Cup.

Get back Jonny Williams and we can think about having games called off again ;)
  • Bubble said:

Technically he hasn’t raided Swindon. Like Egbo, out of contract. 
  • Didn’t Swindon both score and concede the most in the league last season? Makes me think I’d rather be raiding their attackers than goalkeeper & defenders! *I watched 0 league 2 games last season so have no knowledge of how good these players are
    Don’t worry he played up front for them last season!!🤣
  • Sponsored links:

• redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Dansk_Red said:
    Not sure how true this is, but it is rumoured that Jason Euell has left.the club, 
    Dansk_Red said: 

Nailed on back to Wimbledon with Jacko, they love him there
    I doubt it
    Don't think he gets on with JJ

That rumour sucks.
    In a competitive sports environment there are disagreements but I just don't see how two guys like JJ and Jason would've anything other that a good professional working relationship.  

I don't feel Jason wants to be number 2 to Jackson again but that's because he is ready to be the boss, decide Tatics and formations. He will get a job somewhere in the national League even if he has to go to National League North or South. Well respected in the England set up along with Chris Powell and amoungs the young coaches I know, many who are black, have only good things to say about Jason when they have met on courses or charity matches.

Sorry but that's a rumour I heard...

Unless it came direct from Jason or JJ, I would discard it. 
  • Leuth said:
    Full backs famously never contribute to attacking play 

Our best attacking player in the Euros was Luke Shaw. Even scored first in the final......
  • Leuth said:

Our best attacking player in the Euros was Luke Shaw. Even scored first in the final......
    Was it hell, Sterling comfortably 
  • redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Dansk_Red said:
    Not sure how true this is, but it is rumoured that Jason Euell has left.the club, 
    Dansk_Red said: 

Nailed on back to Wimbledon with Jacko, they love him there
    I doubt it
    Don't think he gets on with JJ

That rumour sucks.
    In a competitive sports environment there are disagreements but I just don't see how two guys like JJ and Jason would've anything other that a good professional working relationship.  

I don't feel Jason wants to be number 2 to Jackson again but that's because he is ready to be the boss, decide Tatics and formations. He will get a job somewhere in the national League even if he has to go to National League North or South. Well respected in the England set up along with Chris Powell and amoungs the young coaches I know, many who are black, have only good things to say about Jason when they have met on courses or charity matches.

Sorry but that's a rumour I heard...

Unless it came direct from Jason or JJ, I would discard it. 
    I will.Thanks
  • This is going to sound rude but it’s far from my intention.  But absolutely no one on here is ITK on transfers anymore, the timing and the personnel are a mystery to us all it seems, and I’m thoroughly enjoying it.  
    Perhaps agents haven’t been involved in these signings so the news hasn’t ‘leaked’ to bump up the price. 
  • Trust. The. Process.
  • Sponsored links:

• Davo55 said:
    The top of League quality isnt far off mid-table League One in terms of quality, so i'm happy taking the better players from the league below.
    Yep.  Happy to hand pick the best players from league 2
    Best players from League Two, yes - some anyway. But more than 3 or maximum 4 from Swindon would be pushing it too far. I can't believe that they are the best out there that are available to us. Happy with the transfer business so far but now let's show a bit of vision and ambition.
    I understand what you're saying, but I've no problem with signing Swindon's best attacking players, seen as they were the best attacking team in the league last year
    So we sign their full back.
    lol SIKE, how about NOW :D
  • edited June 2022
    This is going to sound rude but it’s far from my intention.  But absolutely no one on here is ITK on transfers anymore, the timing and the personnel are a mystery to us all it seems, and I’m thoroughly enjoying it.  
    Perhaps agents haven’t been involved in these signings so the news hasn’t ‘leaked’ to bump up the price. 
    Surely agents are involved in every signing. Not many footballers without an agent. 
  • Perhaps Raelynn is buying Swindon to use as a feeder Club, adding them to the Network (🦆🦆 for cover, inexcusable WUMmery) 😎 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Leuth said:
    Nor goal keepers. 
    Dunno,.. Big Mac had an assist for Washington i seem to recall.. B)

That was my favourite goal of the season because I had a great view and Conor got it right that day unlike the Lincoln home game when he squandered 4 chances.  I had to move slightly as Jimmy Floyd's arse was in the way ! The female ref that day. 

20 pass move where the ball starts with a pass from the keeper about 10 yards to a defender who is being closed down at a rate of knots. Great to see a swift passing move but mistakes will happen with the sweeper keeper who loves to dribble and do a Johan Cruyff turn.  Assist from the keeper I hope isn't disregarded.

Mix and match and keep the opposition guessing. Football really isn't rocket science but a manager needs to think on his feet and make adjustments and subs at the right time. I swear there are some things that can't be taught you just need to be quicker that the guy in the other dug out to find solutions or keep to the game plan if you believe it will work over the 90+ minutes.
    Hate losing with a passion and get players who feel the same. Fire in your belly with a brain and skill is mandatory for incoming players. Raise the bar for all our players and let them know being mediocre isn't an option any more. 
  • Ignore everything from that page. It literally tweets transfer rumours every 2 mins, no journalist has those level of sources 
    Noted
  • Louis Reed and his Velvety Underground. 

Wait, have I said that before?!