Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• It’s all rumours but is rebuilding the core of a team that failed to get promoted from league 2 really what people were hoping for?
    If you look at at this way, would you be happy with getting the best player from every club that failed to get promoted from league 2? I certainly would.
    I'd be much happier if we were poaching the best players from non promoted L1 clubs though.
  • It’s all rumours but is rebuilding the core of a team that failed to get promoted from league 2 really what people were hoping for?
    Have to see them in action first

But so far its only three players from Swindon we've been linked with:

Egbo... We've signed, and barely played for them - Looks like he signed for them as a route back to England, and Ben Garner used his connections @ Palace to get him in, at a level he was probably too low at.

Reed: Has already played a good number of seasons in League One, combined with his stats looks like he could be potential competition for Dobson at the very least, as wasnt that a massive concern on here last season?

McKirdy: He's the risk, yet the one name we appear least linked with... Could easily be another Ajose.

We need certainly need depth and competition for places thats for sure

Was the over-riding problem last season, the first eleven... Or was it the fact that we had no depth in the squad, so when we got the usual injuries, we had only had shite to paper over the cracks.

If the First Eleven were the issue last term, then yeah we could be in trouble again - Its why I still have no expectations going into the new season, and am smiling at all the comments who think we should be pissed off with less than success - If its the latter, then we probably already have the majority of the starting line up for Accrington in a months time, all we're really missing there is a Left-Back.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    swordfish said:
    THE 🗡️🐟 PREDICTS!

First I should apologize for yesterday's confusion. Being a fish I've only got short term memory, so when I asked what day it was and my wife said "Wednesday" I misheard it as "Pembury" and took it as a sign when in fact it was a red herring. 

Anyway, excuses aside, I'm saying 1 to be announced today... midfielder (clue for regular followers of this feature, NOT Emand Weep!)
    What Did You Do GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
    Hoping I haven't created a monster because, from what I've seen since surfacing on CL, there are some genuine leviathan's lurking in the deep here. I'm in danger of swimming out of my depth and being swallowed whole. (No way am I getting away with that BTW) 😯
    Swindon didn't get promoted due to their defence in large part. Whether that's down to tactics or not I can't say. But I'd imagine if you inserted AMB, Stockley, Dobson, CBT, Fraser and Kirk into that team they probably would look much stronger.
  • edited June 2022
    swordfish said:
    Redhenry said:
    And who is this Swordfish character, quite funny tbf...
    Judging by his predictions he's Paul the Octopus' less successful cousin
    Was trying to open the "How very dare you" gif, but failed miserably, so I'll simply say "What a f*cking liberty" instead.
    Have to see them in action first

But so far its only three players from Swindon we've been linked with:

Egbo... We've signed, and barely played for them - Looks like he signed for them as a route back to England, and Ben Garner used his connections @ Palace to get him in, at a level he was probably too low at.

Reed: Has already played a good number of seasons in League One, combined with his stats looks like he could be potential competition for Dobson at the very least, as wasnt that a massive concern on here last season?

McKirdy: He's the risk, yet the one name we appear least linked with... Could easily be another Ajose.

We need certainly need depth and competition for places thats for sure

Was the over-riding problem last season, the first eleven... Or was it the fact that we had no depth in the squad, so when we got the usual injuries, we had only had shite to paper over the cracks.

If the First Eleven were the issue last term, then yeah we could be in trouble again - Its why I still have no expectations going into the new season, and am smiling at all the comments who think we should be pissed off with less than success - If its the latter, then we probably already have the majority of the starting line up for Accrington in a months time, all we're really missing there is a Left-Back.
    I don't think the 1st 11 were good enough last year and we didn't have cover for certain key players either - i like the 2 new signings, i like that it sounds like we aren't keeping Davison, i'm not bothered about any of the players we have let go but i am still expecting a significant number of additions and a few more to be moved on. As it stands, the first choice 11 wouldn't be good enough to get us in the play off spots.        
  • CafcWest said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    I really hope that if we sign this Lou Reed fella, it'll make it a perfect day 
    Not heard that one before!
    Vicious...
    Oh baby, you're so vicious 

Perfect Day and Waiting for my man jokes are good but have been done.

Even I was impressed by the Metal Machine Music reference. 

There is a huge cannon of VU and solo Reed stuff to draw on.

Personally the "I just want to play football for the coach" line from Coney Island Baby (very under rated song and album) is ideal.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's official: Irving can be won over with exquisitely-judged classic rock references. But will he get fooled again? 
  • If we signed Lou Reed, it would be a perfect day.

We are getting more repeats than Dave !
  • The top of League quality isnt far off mid-table League One in terms of quality, so i'm happy taking the better players from the league below.
    Yep.  Happy to hand pick the best players from league 2
  • The top of League quality isnt far off mid-table League One in terms of quality, so i'm happy taking the better players from the league below.
    With the exception of Morecambe, the other 3 promoted to L1 the previous season, Cambridge, Cheltenham and Bolton, all finished comfortably mid table or better. 

Some will say that players from L2 won't be of the calibre to help us mount a promotion challenge. However, we simply won't know until we see the make up of the squad at the end of the window and see how the new look team  performs.
  • More than happy to pick up the best of League 2, although that's a very competitive market with some players like Kane Wilson going straight to the Championship. 
  • RedRobin said:
    We are still after Reed, think that one may happen soon but probably not before Spain.

Mckirdy is also one we want.
    Is Davison being offered in any deal as a sweetener? 
    No idea if Davison is involved in the deal, but I do know the club are likely to sell him or loan him out again

Is that information since Ben Garner has been in Situ ?
  • Macronate said:
    Heard we’re one of two teams interested in Bono. It will be a beautiful day if we nab him.

Also heard we’re interested in Bill Withers. What a lovely day it would be if we sign him.

Finally, my source tells me that we’re considering making a move for Buddy Holly. Unlikely to happen though, indeed, I said to my source ‘that’ll be the day’ if that one gets over the line.
    See I heard it was axel rose, but I think it’s yesterdays new!!😜
  • CafcWest said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    I really hope that if we sign this Lou Reed fella, it'll make it a perfect day 
    Not heard that one before!
    Vicious...
    Oh baby, you're so vicious 

Perfect Day and Waiting for my man jokes are good but have been done.

Even I was impressed by the Metal Machine Music reference. 

There is a huge cannon of VU and solo Reed stuff to draw on.

Personally the "I just want to play football for the coach" line from Coney Island Baby (very under rated song and album) is ideal.
    You forgot our sweet Dane.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hey everyone…ha ha…listen to this. Ha. Hmmm. 
    No, listen… ha ha. If we signed Louis Reed… ha ha ha…it would be..no, wait for it….A PERFECT DAY. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
  • Being linked with Louis Reed

It just keeps us hanging on

Mwahahahahahah
  • Uboat said:
    Hey everyone…ha ha…listen to this. Ha. Hmmm. 
    No, listen… ha ha. If we signed Louis Reed… ha ha ha…it would be..no, wait for it….A PERFECT DAY. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    Hmmm.     :*:(
  • edited June 2022
    Uboat said:
    Hey everyone…ha ha…listen to this. Ha. Hmmm. 
    Think I've heard that one before....🥱🥱
  • This is sending me bananas…

• Reed and McKirdy trained with Swindon today so nothing close on that front you'd assume. 
  • Let's honestly pray that Reed doesn't check this forum if he's on the fence about signing. He'll stop returning Garner's calls mid-call.