Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• And who is this Swordfish character, quite funny tbf...
  • edited June 2022
    Both Charlton's " big Lumps" can score. I'm intrigued how we are going to score otherwise as we don't have a goal scoring midfielder on our books at the moment ?
    Size really doesn't matter for the new forward as long as he can emulate Grant, Taylor, Flanagan etc and play all across the front line and score his share of goals and assists. We aren't making top Six without a goalscoring number 8 and either a 7 or 11.
    If Ben Garner and the coaches can sort out both Corey and Chuks mind as well as keeping their bodies fit then we have two special players at this mediocre level.

When we play our possession football as Brighton find at home in the Premier where they have plenty of the ball but before they played a disunited team from Manchester and won 4-0 for all their possession they went 4 months without winning at home.
    The one think Brighton lack is a goal scorer.
    Murray was excellent in the championship and lower and even scored in the premier on occasions. His time finished and putting the ball in the net remains an art that not many can do on a regular basis.

It's Garner's gig not mine but if we don't get the ball to Corey Blackett-Taylor with a accurate long diagonal pass before the opposition have time to double mark him we are missing a trick. Not every time obviously as game management and state of play comes into decision making whether you stick or twist.

• Both Charlton's " big Lumps" can score. I'm intrigued how we are going to score otherwise as we don't have a goal scoring midfielder on our books at the moment ?
    Size really doesn't matter for the new forward as long as he can emulate Grant, Taylor, Flanagan etc and play all across the front line and score his share of goals and assists. We aren't making top Six without a goalscoring number 8 and either a 7 or 11.
    If Ben Garner and the coaches can sort out both Corey and Chuks mind as well as keeping their bodies fit then we have two special players at this mediocre level.

When we play our possession football as Brighton find at home in the Premier where they have plenty of the ball but before they played a disunited team from Manchester and won 4-0 for all their possession they went 4 months without winning at home.
    Murray was excellent in the championship and lower and even scored in the premier on occasions. His time finished and putting the ball in the net remains an art that not many can do on a regular basis.

It's Garner's gig not mine but if we don't get the ball to Corey Blackett-Taylor with a accurate long diagonal pass before the opposition have time to double mark him we are missing a trick. Not every time obviously as game management and state of play comes into decision making whether you stick or twist.

Scott Fraser? 14 in 44 for MK. 

Although we certainly need another one. Happy with Reed but if he is battling Dobson and JFC for 2 regular starting spots we might struggle a little. We need one more capable of scoring goals that's for sure. 
  • edited June 2022
    Redhenry said:
    Reed and Mckirdy are obvious ones Garner may want...
    Maybe, but Swindon are wanting a bigger fee than we are willing.. Basically we are bank rolling Swindon this year!!
  • If we signed Lou Reed, it would be a perfect day.
  • Sponsored links:

• i hope Nabby Sarr signs
  • i hope Nabby Sarr signs
    I'm Waiting For My Man
  • Round and round and 
  • If we signed Lou Reed, it would be a perfect day.
    Not heard that one on here recently 🙄
  • I really hope that if we sign this Lou Reed fella, it'll make it a perfect day 
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    I really hope that if we sign this Lou Reed fella, it'll make it a perfect day 
    Not heard that one before!
  • Both Charlton's " big Lumps" can score. I'm intrigued how we are going to score otherwise as we don't have a goal scoring midfielder on our books at the moment ?

Scott Fraser? 14 in 44 for MK. 

Although we certainly need another one. Happy with Reed but if he is battling Dobson and JFC for 2 regular starting spots we might struggle a little. We need one more capable of scoring goals that's for sure. 
    9 of those were penalties but yeah 5 goals from open play is certainly more of what we need from our midfielders if we're to have any hope this season.
  • Can we sign some players from L1 or above for fees soon to end this idea on social media that TS can only afford L2 players.
  • Scoham said:
    Can we sign some players from L1 or above for fees soon to end this idea on social media that TS can only afford L2 players.
    We can when Pope completes his move ;) 
  • Sponsored links:

• Seen a rumour we are looking at Dom Telford. 
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    I really hope that if we sign this Lou Reed fella, it'll make it a perfect day 
    Not heard that one before!
    Vicious...
  • edited June 2022
    Redhenry said:
    And who is this Swordfish character, quite funny tbf...
    Judging by his predictions he's Paul the Octopus' less successful cousin

• Scoham said:
    Can we sign some players from L1 or above for fees soon to end this idea on social media that TS can only afford L2 players.
    We can when Pope completes his move ;) 
    Doesn’t work for the more extreme conspiracy theorists or TS outers as they believe all clauses go to Roland!
  • It’s all rumours but is rebuilding the core of a team that failed to get promoted from league 2 really what people were hoping for?
  • Scoham said:
    You mean like Scott Fraser or Charlie Kirk? - Even Jayden Stockley, players that we have signed for fees from League One or above - Although those probably dont count for whatever argument on Social Media ;)
    Needs to happen every window to convince the doubters. Not that we’ve ever gone an entire window only signing players from the league below of course, no reason to think it’ll happen this summer.
  • RedRobin said:
    Seen a rumour we are looking at Dom Telford. 
    On Twitter? I saw that but didn’t bother sharing as it was an account with 2 followers.