Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• edited June 2022
    Dansk_Red said:
    Not sure how true this is, but it is rumoured that Jason Euell has left.the club, 
    Dansk_Red said: 

• Uboat said:
    Hey everyone…ha ha…listen to this. Ha. Hmmm. 
    No, listen… ha ha. If we signed Louis Reed… ha ha ha…it would be..no, wait for it….A PERFECT DAY. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    Think I've heard that one before....🥱🥱
    WHAT!?!?
  • Jason gone to join JJ ? 
  • ButtleJR said:
    Dansk_Red said:
    Not sure how true this is, but it is rumoured that Jason Euell has left.the club, 
    Dansk_Red said: 

Nailed on back to Wimbledon with Jacko, they love him there
  • ButtleJR said:
    Dansk_Red said:
    Dansk_Red said: 

Disappointed, but not surprised
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Dansk_Red said:
    Dansk_Red said: 

I doubt it
    Don't think he gets on with JJ
  • The top of League quality isnt far off mid-table League One in terms of quality, so i'm happy taking the better players from the league below.
    Yep.  Happy to hand pick the best players from league 2
    Best players from League Two, yes - some anyway. But more than 3 or maximum 4 from Swindon would be pushing it too far. I can't believe that they are the best out there that are available to us. Happy with the transfer business so far but now let's show a bit of vision and ambition.
  • edited June 2022
    redbuttle said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Dansk_Red said:
    Dansk_Red said: 

I doubt it

That rumour sucks.
    In a competitive sports environment there are disagreements but I just don't see how two guys like JJ and Jason would've anything other that a good professional working relationship.  

I don't feel Jason wants to be number 2 to Jackson again but that's because he is ready to be the boss, decide Tatics and formations. He will get a job somewhere in the national League even if he has to go to National League North or South. Well respected in the England set up along with Chris Powell and amoungs the young coaches I know, many who are black, have only good things to say about Jason when they have met on courses or charity matches.

• Sponsored links:

• Macronate said:
    Heard we’re one of two teams interested in Bono. It will be a beautiful day if we nab him.

Also heard we’re interested in Bill Withers. What a lovely day it would be if we sign him.

Finally, my source tells me that we’re considering making a move for Buddy Holly. Unlikely to happen though, indeed, I said to my source ‘that’ll be the day’ if that one gets over the line.
    Isn't he that duck with the deformed beak?
  • Davo55 said:
    The top of League quality isnt far off mid-table League One in terms of quality, so i'm happy taking the better players from the league below.
    Best players from League Two, yes - some anyway. But more than 3 or maximum 4 from Swindon would be pushing it too far. I can't believe that they are the best out there that are available to us. Happy with the transfer business so far but now let's show a bit of vision and ambition.
    I understand what you're saying, but I've no problem with signing Swindon's best attacking players, seen as they were the best attacking team in the league last year
  • edited June 2022
    Davo55 said:
    The top of League quality isnt far off mid-table League One in terms of quality, so i'm happy taking the better players from the league below.
    I understand what you're saying, but I've no problem with signing Swindon's best attacking players, seen as they were the best attacking team in the league last year
    To be fair we have linked with everyone that was a regular at Swindon last season except the one we already owned and everyone wants him gone 😂😂
  • Can’t see Euell going to Wimbledon when he wanted that job himself. 
  • Scott Lindsay, Garners previous number two, has just appointed his own assistant at Swindon but weren’t we linked with two “Scott’s” from their coaching setup?
  • redbuttle said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Dansk_Red said:
    Dansk_Red said: 

I doubt it

That rumour sucks.
    In a competitive sports environment there are disagreements but I just don't see how two guys like JJ and Jason would've anything other that a good professional working relationship.  

I don't feel Jason wants to be number 2 to Jackson again but that's because he is ready to be the boss, decide Tatics and formations. He will get a job somewhere in the national League even if he has to go to National League North or South. Well respected in the England set up along with Chris Powell and amoungs the young coaches I know, many who are black, have only good things to say about Jason when they have met on courses or charity matches.

Sorry but that's a rumour I heard...
  • Swisdom said:
    Scott Lindsay, Garners previous number two, has just appointed his own assistant at Swindon but weren’t we linked with two “Scott’s” from their coaching setup?
    Marshall 
  • Swisdom said:
    Scott Lindsay, Garners previous number two, has just appointed his own assistant at Swindon but weren’t we linked with two “Scott’s” from their coaching setup?
    Scott Marshall …..
  • Would be great to get at least 1 more in before the team leaves for Spain. 

Any news @ButtleJR
    Not likely any before they leave, as of a couple of days ago anyway.
  • Swisdom said:
    Scott Marshall …..
    What are they saying in Plymouth?
  • Sponsored links:

• Davo55 said:
    So we sign their full back.
  • Davo55 said:
    So we sign their full back.
    A very attacking player. More like a winger
  • MarcusH26 said:
    More than happy to pick up the best of League 2, although that's a very competitive market with some players like Kane Wilson going straight to the Championship. 
    Whereas Sheff Wed are signing players who got promoted to The Championship. 
  • Sounds like the Full-Back only joined them as he had a connection with the Manager - Hence why he has come here too, but it seems that League Two was below his level.

Plus he was only their Full Back for nine games. 
  • redbuttle said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Dansk_Red said:
    Dansk_Red said: 

I doubt it

That rumour sucks.

It's no worse than the suggestion that everyone was best buddies and the whole gang would go to the, well, crazy gang.  Pearce, Washington, Euell even seen Gilbey mentioned.

If everyone was best buddies they would probably still all be here. 
  • Leuth said:
    Full backs famously never contribute to attacking play 
    Well to be fair at Charlton they don't.
  • Jac_52 said:
    Leuth said:
    Full backs famously never contribute to attacking play 
    Well to be fair at Charlton they don't.
    Not very often but it happened once. 26th may 2019