Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• ButtleJR said:
    League 2 team of the season, can play on the floor which we need for garners style
    Are we playing him up front then instead of Davison  ??
  • JamesSeed said:
    Louis Reed and his Velvety Underground. 

Wait, have I said that before?!
    Don’t know but it would be a perfect day if we signed him………………
  • Justin Hayward ... Diana Dors ... Mark Lamarr ...

... look out.

We're coming for you (probably via Isambard Kingdom Brunel's Great Western Railway).
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    redbuttle said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Dansk_Red said:
    Not sure how true this is, but it is rumoured that Jason Euell has left.the club, 
    Dansk_Red said: 

Nailed on back to Wimbledon with Jacko, they love him there
    I doubt it
    Don't think he gets on with JJ

That rumour sucks.
    In a competitive sports environment there are disagreements but I just don't see how two guys like JJ and Jason would've anything other that a good professional working relationship.  

I don't feel Jason wants to be number 2 to Jackson again but that's because he is ready to be the boss, decide Tatics and formations. He will get a job somewhere in the national League even if he has to go to National League North or South. Well respected in the England set up along with Chris Powell and amoungs the young coaches I know, many who are black, have only good things to say about Jason when they have met on courses or charity matches.

It's no worse than the suggestion that everyone was best buddies and the whole gang would go to the, well, crazy gang.  Pearce, Washington, Euell even seen Gilbey mentioned.

If everyone was best buddies they would probably still all be here. 

Gareth Barry said when he was at Man City, players were at each other in training and many a pushing and shoving took place. At Villa it was less intensity and fewer scraps on the training ground.

If your contact has told you different then fine but I still say JJ and Jason would've had a decent working relationship even thou I don't believe they would go drinking together.

Team spirit is a weird concept because it's funny that it's good when you are on a winning run and then it's poor when you are on a losing run. Football is a results business and always will be. Can never be completely stable.

Cole and Sheringhan only made up recently after never getting on after Teddy upset Andy/Andrew by not wishing him luck when replacing him as a sub for England. Everyone knew that because it was real and neither denied it.
  • Same page has posted Millwall are signing Reeco Hackett from Pompey, absolute bollocks! I think Kirk will be staying unless something changes later in the window. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    redbuttle said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Dansk_Red said:
    Not sure how true this is, but it is rumoured that Jason Euell has left.the club, 
    Dansk_Red said: 

I doubt it

That rumour sucks.
    In a competitive sports environment there are disagreements but I just don't see how two guys like JJ and Jason would've anything other that a good professional working relationship.  

I don't feel Jason wants to be number 2 to Jackson again but that's because he is ready to be the boss, decide Tatics and formations. He will get a job somewhere in the national League even if he has to go to National League North or South. Well respected in the England set up along with Chris Powell and amoungs the young coaches I know, many who are black, have only good things to say about Jason when they have met on courses or charity matches.

It's no worse than the suggestion that everyone was best buddies and the whole gang would go to the, well, crazy gang.  Pearce, Washington, Euell even seen Gilbey mentioned.

Gareth Barry said when he was at Man City, players were at each other in training and many a pushing and shoving took place. At Villa it was less intensity and fewer scraps on the training ground.

If your contact has told you different then fine but I still say JJ and Jason would've had a decent working relationship even thou I don't believe they would go drinking together.

Team spirit is a weird concept because it's funny that it's good when you are on a winning run and then it's poor when you are on a losing run. Football is a results business and always will be. Can never be completely stable.

Cole and Sheringhan only made up recently after never getting on after Teddy upset Andy/Andrew by not wishing him luck when replacing him as a sub for England. Everyone knew that because it was real and neither denied it.
    I have never claimed or heard different.  Remember both, Adkins and Bowyer were all thrown together, in various combinations, by circumstance.  Not choice.

It's telling that Jackson took Skivo to Wimbledon, after he brought him here.  Out of choice.

None of those 4 will ever work together again.  That doesn't mean they were unprofessional, disruptive or anything else.
  • I'm quite surprised by the people that say they don't care about our playing style, they just want to get promoted. Is supporting a football team that much more enjoyable the higher league you are?

Prestige wise yes. But I honestly don't think my excitement is that much different no matter what league we're in. I'm probably more excited about this season than in recent memory because I feel like we're trying to build something that makes sense. And this season just gone was the worst I can remember because it was so aimless and haphazard.

Please God just make the 4140 minutes of this season eenjoyable to watch and I'll consider it a good season, promotion or not.

Edit: the Pardew championship season was fucking terrible. 
    If we were in the championship I would agree with you.  The club is not viable in league 1.  That's a fact.  You can't change it, many have tried.  All have failed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    redbuttle said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Dansk_Red said:
    Dansk_Red said: 

I doubt it

That rumour sucks.

This is so true at all levels of the game. When I managed and we were having a sticky run I got one parent undermining the point I was making in a post match talk which I was very angry about as well as getting regular e-mails about not warming the players up properly, favouritism and lack of drills in training. 

Of course you look first if the points are valid and the reasons you are doing what you are doing, then if you think you are on the correct course you double down and then when results change, you do the same things and nobody complains. In fact they praise you and buy you gifts! 

I know from when I played, there was all this talk when you lost a few games. Somebody has to be to blame. Whether that be the manager or a teammate or mates. It is natural. In the professional game the pressure must be immense for a manager and you have to be surprised people want to do it, even if it does pay well in many cases. 
  • Bye CMacG, I don't think his style fits the "keeper plays like an outfielder" that Garner likes, seeing as he won't leave his goal line for anything 
  • edited June 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I'm quite surprised by the people that say they don't care about our playing style, they just want to get promoted. Is supporting a football team that much more enjoyable the higher league you are?

Prestige wise yes. But I honestly don't think my excitement is that much different no matter what league we're in. I'm probably more excited about this season than in recent memory because I feel like we're trying to build something that makes sense. And this season just gone was the worst I can remember because it was so aimless and haphazard.

Please God just make the 4140 minutes of this season eenjoyable to watch and I'll consider it a good season, promotion or not.

If we were in the championship I would agree with you.  The club is not viable in league 1.  That's a fact.  You can't change it, many have tried.  All have failed.
    Fair enough. But in league one there's a chance we will be the best team, in the premier league there is a chance you could be the 8th best team. 

Buzzing for the season to start, Saturdays aren't the same at the moment. 
  • edited June 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I'm quite surprised by the people that say they don't care about our playing style, they just want to get promoted. Is supporting a football team that much more enjoyable the higher league you are?

Fair enough. But in league one there's a chance we will be the best team, in the premier league there is a chance you could be the 8th best team. 

Buzzing for the season to start, Saturdays aren't the same at the moment. 
    I also agree with that, the two seasons we were the best team in the league have been two of the best seasons of my Charlton life, but you can't beat beating Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool can you.  I have never seen us beat United (in the premier league), and I really want to.
  • I'm quite surprised by the people that say they don't care about our playing style, they just want to get promoted. Is supporting a football team that much more enjoyable the higher league you are?

Good post. 

Whilst I’m sick of league 1, I’d quite happily suffer it for another couple of seasons if we can build something. The football played under Bowyer (at the end of his tenure), Adkins and Jackson was soul destroying I’m actually looking forward to us managing to complete 10 passes. 
    While I agree, I can guarantee a lot of fans will turn on the “boring passing football” when we don’t win for a few weeks.  

I’ll give it till game week 5 before the “WHY WONT GARNER PLAY 4-4-2” thread is created. 
  • Not sure where to put this, but the usual characters on twitter have been talking about Thomas not paying the rent for the last three months. 

It was to be expected, everything  around the club has been positive lately so they were bound to make something up. 
    Is that because we are moving grounds to Swindon? 

Good post. 

Whilst I’m sick of league 1, I’d quite happily suffer it for another couple of seasons if we can build something. The football played under Bowyer (at the end of his tenure), Adkins and Jackson was soul destroying I’m actually looking forward to us managing to complete 10 passes. 
    My thoughts exactly. For the 1st time in years I can see a "plan" I'm not saying it will work and get us where we all want to be straight away, but what I do know is like you I'm looking forward to seeing what happens whereas the last few years it was just unbearable turgid rubbish that felt like a punishment having to watch it. Hopefully we can move  on from here and have a season we can actually enjoy watching
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2022
    paulfox said:
    Thomas was misread when he said league one to prem In 5 years. 

He’s took us from league one to Perm in 2!
  • Honestly, I couldn’t care less how we play football as long as we win. If we became Stoke or Wimbledon ( as was) and got promoted and won games that would work for me. I don’t think the crowd care whether we win every game 1-0 or 6-5 as long as we win. 
    Anyway, its all about opinions isn’t it - if we play great one touch football and win and get promoted that would work for me too !! 
  •  Jesus it’s all happened today hasn’t it? Euell gone, Jokat gone, New Keeper , New assistant , have I missed anything?
  • CH4RLTON said:
     Jesus it’s all happened today hasn’t it? Euell gone, Jokat gone, New Keeper , New assistant , have I missed anything?
    The new kit design and how it was modelled was a highlight of today!!! Castore thread👌🏻
  • Honestly, I couldn’t care less how we play football as long as we win. If we became Stoke or Wimbledon ( as was) and got promoted and won games that would work for me. I don’t think the crowd care whether we win every game 1-0 or 6-5 as long as we win. 
    Anyway, its all about opinions isn’t it - if we play great one touch football and win and get promoted that would work for me too !! 
    Yes very much about opinions mate. I guess I'm the opposite of you in that if had had the choice of our season being made up of entertaining good football but we missed promotion or watching boring rubbish and getting promoted I would go for the 1st option no contest. Ofcourse I would be pleased we got promoted but I wouldnt bother watching it
  • Croydon said:
    Scoham said:
    Not sure where to put this, but the usual characters on twitter have been talking about Thomas not paying the rent for the last three months. 

It was to be expected, everything  around the club has been positive lately so they were bound to make something up. 
    Not expecting it but in a way it would be hilarious if we put together a strong team and have a great season. Those characters would be waiting for it to go horribly wrong. For them every L2 signing is further proof we’re going backwards under TS.
    Definitely some fans almost wishing him to fail. It's bizarre 
    I think it’s more, some fans, and I’ll include myself in this to an extent, are just a bit more cautious after the last few owners we’ve had. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Marc Leonard is on a list.
    Google is my friend atm

anygood ?
  • CH4RLTON said:
     Jesus it’s all happened today hasn’t it? Euell gone, Jokat gone, New Keeper , New assistant , have I missed anything?
    Last call for the Larkfield coach for the Derby game. 😉