Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• mendonca said:
    This is quite exciting. We are going for it with the change in identity. 
    I’ve heard we’re also in for Swindon’s mascot - The Rocking Robin. He should be a good fit for us.
    Don’t let Thomas know it’s called that! 🎸
  • CH4RLTON said:
     Jesus it’s all happened today hasn’t it? Euell gone, Jokat gone, New Keeper , New assistant , have I missed anything?
    Yeah. Pope has signed for Newcastle, so dosh for TS.
  • AndyG said:
    Just had this from my Swindon supporting mate 😂😭
    I know it's funny from a banter point of view but imagine if the same club came in a nicked CBT, Dobson and errr actually I cant thinking another one 😂 we would all be going mental 😂😂😂
    At this point I think we are begging clubs to take the majority of our players!!
  • I'm quite surprised by the people that say they don't care about our playing style, they just want to get promoted. Is supporting a football team that much more enjoyable the higher league you are?

Prestige wise yes. But I honestly don't think my excitement is that much different no matter what league we're in. I'm probably more excited about this season than in recent memory because I feel like we're trying to build something that makes sense. And this season just gone was the worst I can remember because it was so aimless and haphazard.

Please God just make the 4140 minutes of this season eenjoyable to watch and I'll consider it a good season, promotion or not.

Edit: the Pardew championship season was fucking terrible. 
    Good post. 

Whilst I’m sick of league 1, I’d quite happily suffer it for another couple of seasons if we can build something. The football played under Bowyer (at the end of his tenure), Adkins and Jackson was soul destroying I’m actually looking forward to us managing to complete 10 passes. 
    Fuck the football. Promotion at all costs
  • edited June 2022
    Croydon said:
    Scoham said:
    Not sure where to put this, but the usual characters on twitter have been talking about Thomas not paying the rent for the last three months. 

It was to be expected, everything  around the club has been positive lately so they were bound to make something up. 
    Not expecting it but in a way it would be hilarious if we put together a strong team and have a great season. Those characters would be waiting for it to go horribly wrong. For them every L2 signing is further proof we’re going backwards under TS.
    Definitely some fans almost wishing him to fail. It's bizarre 
    I think it’s more, some fans, and I’ll include myself in this to an extent, are just a bit more cautious after the last few owners we’ve had. 
     I would put myself in that camp with you, but there are some (on twitter) that turn everything into a negative - and go OTT with it. Saw someone call him skintgaard and Mr Breakeven on the announcement of the new GK. Doesn't even make sense.

• I feel sorry for the 1st non connected player to Swindon we sign,……. We only signed him cos he’s not Swindon!! 😂
  • Would like to see us bring in a proper all-action box to box midfielder type.
  • The only downside to Louis Reed is the fact he shares the same Agent as Adam Matthews - So we can probably expect him here by October
    And the October after that.
    And the October after that.
    And a really greedy fu%<€r that scores lots of goals😂😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Been a busy day just catching up on all the excitement, did anyone other than the mighty Swordfish predict a signing today?
  • cfgs said:
    Been a busy day just catching up on all the excitement, did anyone other than the mighty Swordfish predict a signing today?
    Definitely something fishy going on there😜
    Yeah wonder if we'll be in for Camara now we can flash the cash with the Pope money.  Also wonder how much Plymouth want for him.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2022
    Scoham said:
    chev said:
    Anyone willing to pay for access to Nixon’s Patreon to verify that?
    From what I can tell it's not on there (haven't subscribed) I'd expect the fee to be more than that tbh. More like 3-400 + Davison. Edit: just looked at that insider account, seems to be a wind up.
  • Reed would be great. 
    Now they’ve sorted the defensive side with really promising out of contract players, I wonder if the cheque book will be used to bring in a quality toward or two? Cole Stockton and another? 
  • Nixon has come out on Twitter saying the story is “shite”. 

Not to say we aren’t interested. 
  • Chunes said:
    RC_CAFC said:
    The thing is. Reed would be the only player we’ve signed off of them, and it makes total sense to pick the best players from the previous managers club who know what he wants and how he wants to play.
    Agree with you, but it is funny how we've bigged up our data-driven scouting, talked about our list of 357 transfer targets, and then just raided Swindon.
    If you believe, and it is a big if, how much Thomas is driven by attacking, possession, high pressed football and data, you would highlight most of last seasons Swindon team somewhere on your depth charts of potential signings.  Wouldn't you?

It wouldn't take a genius to work that out, join the dots, and just appoint the person that was, partly, responsible for it. Hope that he could do it again?
  • edited June 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:
    RC_CAFC said:
    The thing is. Reed would be the only player we’ve signed off of them, and it makes total sense to pick the best players from the previous managers club who know what he wants and how he wants to play.
    Agree with you, but it is funny how we've bigged up our data-driven scouting, talked about our list of 357 transfer targets, and then just raided Swindon.
    If you believe, and it is a big if, how much Thomas is driven by attacking, possession, high pressed football and data, you would highlight most of last seasons Swindon team somewhere on your depth charts of potential signings.  Wouldn't you?

It wouldn't take a genius to work that out, join the dots, and just appoint the person that was, partly, responsible for it. Hope that he could do it again?
    I think you've taken my post too seriously! Got no problem with the signings or the approach, just think it's funny. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:
    RC_CAFC said:

To an extent, as after all they were playing in a division below us, therefore they are "in general" going to be more L2 standard than L1 standard, let alone L1 promotion team standard. There's a reason why players are at a certain level.

Of course there will be hidden gems amongst the L2 teams, and players on the up.
  • Spend the Pope and Burstow dosh on 2-3 of Stockton, Reed, Coventry, Camara and Brannaghan please.
  • Spend the Pope and Burstow dosh on 2-3 of Stockton, Reed, Coventry, Camara and Brannaghan please.
    As well as Stockton we could do with adding a couple of midfielders or wingers with goals in them.