Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• swordfish said:
    THE 🗡️🐟 PREDICTS (back by unpopular demand)

Umm.. a tricky one today.. especially now the one I was going to say has just been announced, but here is what I was going to say.

Having suddenly and unexpectedly found himself destitute, TS will be seen walking  the streets of south east London trying to identify an individual he understands goes by the name of 'Captain Cash' from whom he intends to claim a £5 reward. He understands incorrectly and will fail in his venture, but should you bump into him, please take pity on him.

On the player movement front, I'm seeing a trend reversal today with a possible player departure. Clue- high ranking officer embarks on beach donkey riding Enterprise in the north west.(4)

Edit 😥 TOO LATE 
    Kirk going to Blackpool then? 
  • edited June 2022
    RedRobin said:
    swordfish said:
    THE 🗡️🐟 PREDICTS (back by unpopular demand)

Umm.. a tricky one today.. especially now the one I was going to say has just been announced, but here is what I was going to say.

Having suddenly and unexpectedly found himself destitute, TS will be seen walking  the streets of south east London trying to identify an individual he understands goes by the name of 'Captain Cash' from whom he intends to claim a £5 reward. He understands incorrectly and will fail in his venture, but should you bump into him, please take pity on him.

On the player movement front, I'm seeing a trend reversal today with a possible player departure. Clue- high ranking officer embarks on beach donkey riding Enterprise in the north west.(4)

Edit 😥 TOO LATE 
    Kirk going to Blackpool then? 
    🤔 2nd Clue..... he's a right one and has a 'crack' shot

Perhaps I'm mistaken but I thought it had been confirmed already. I'm still claiming it either way as I drafted this last night 😉
  • edited June 2022
    Sage said:
    Midfielder who can put the ball in the back of the net is high on the agenda as well. Just because we haven't heard any names as yet, proven by the three transfers so far, doesn't mean we aren't working on it.

Sandgaard explicitly said during a Q&A before that one of the areas we will be looking at is goals from midfield.

Might not be a signing made soon, but it is something we will bring in.

I think 8 more will come in, including loans. At least 2 will leave.
    We let 13 players outfield players go in the summer. Arguably, you could say only 10 left as Watson, Castillo and John didn’t do anything for us. Personally felt squad was too big last season with almost 30 first team players. 

Effectively we have replaced 2 already. Returning Davison and Kirk would bring total to 4. Clayden counts towards squad number so would be 5 if he stays. Here’s hoping that the likes of Deji, Henry etc can step up and be a part of the squad this season.
  • DA9 said:
    Redhenry said:
    I don't get the laughable, bonkers comments re Swindon players, we have signed two players out of contract, who the manager knows and trusts, surely a positive...
    It’s the law on here.

Dismantle and attack, look for the negatives in EVERYTHING 
    It is better IMO to be neutral until you see the positives. It is wrong to be negative as well, but right to be cautious. That way you avoid people blowing smoke up Southall's backside when it was clear something was wrong for instance. 
    Indeed. I remember people on here salivating over the likes of Bogle and Souare when they signed 
  • I don't see anything wrong with that either but I don't know whether the new manager will be a success and I don't know the players we have brought in. Don't take it as a negative, he could well be a great success but I am waiting for some signs that's all. A good pre-season will help. 
  • Dizzle said:
    Don’t know what thread to put it on really but Sean Clare drove past me this morning with Egbo in the passenger seat. 
    Were you on the m4 heading west? 😉
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Redhenry said:
    Reed and Mckirdy are obvious ones Garner may want...
    Maybe, but Swindon are wanting a bigger fee than we are willing.. Basically we are bank rolling Swindon this year!!
    If not now maybe January then
  • Sponsored links:

• I think if you subjectively watch all our games from last season again (I don't know why you would, if you weren't emotionally disturbed when you started, you would be by the end) how many of our current players would you pick to be in the team next season?

Based purely on what you saw.  3?  Maybe 4?

Then you have probably got 3 or 4 that you don't see enough of like JFC, Fraser and potentially Clare at RB.

Then watch all of Swindon’s games and see how many you think could make the step up.  It's probably 5 or 6.

Of course we probably won't sign half a dozen players from Swindon.  But we need a lot of different, not necessarily better, players to make this work.

We are going to have to move on more than a couple to make the room.  I would guess at at least 5 outs, maybe more.
  • I am also starting to feel sorry for Swindon. Perhaps we could offer them a few of our unwanted players in exchange and form a "special relationship" with them - McGoalie, Davidson, Gilbey - to name but three?
  • I'm only tuning in for the Lou Reed jokes 
    We just keep you hanging on!
  • T_C_E said:
    Dizzle said:
    Don’t know what thread to put it on really but Sean Clare drove past me this morning with Egbo in the passenger seat. 
    Were you on the m4 heading west? 😉
    Was Stephen Kelly in the back seat?
  • edited June 2022
    I am also starting to feel sorry for Swindon. Perhaps we could offer them a few of our unwanted players in exchange and form a "special relationship" with them - McGoalie, Davidson, Gilbey - to name but three?
    There is a historic precedent for swaps with Swindon Ray Treacy was exchanged for Arthur Horsfield in 1972.
  • Chey Dunkley linked
    Very solid CB.
  • Chey Dunkley linked
    Good player but our injury prone centre back spot is already filled. Doubt we are in for him 
  • Sponsored links:

• The only defenders left to sign are a left-back and maybe a ball-playing LCB, don't think Dunkley fits that brief 
  • We should have released Inniss and signed Dunkley. But I don’t think it’s a good idea to have both as it’s quite likely they’d both be injured at the same time 
  • Not sure where to put this, but the usual characters on twitter have been talking about Thomas not paying the rent for the last three months. 

It was to be expected, everything  around the club has been positive lately so they were bound to make something up. 
    So we pay compensation to Swindon for two members of their team we bring 3 new players in and more to follow .. and we paid off JJ and Euell yet we not paid rent for 3 months …… why don’t people just enjoy the positive feel around the club instead of trying to cause ripples that are just not there 

Very well said that. It's becoming unbearable and very toxic, I can't but help feel very optimistic and excited. Will it work don't know? But what we needed was a clean slate and we will pretty much have that come Accrington 
  • Chey Dunkley linked
    https://twitter.com/footballleaguew/status/1540271483871789056?s=21&t=zSCGRaNsFkPEO4EHV6DzbQ

Would take that, shame we kept Innis cause then it would be a very keen yes. Seems a risk having two centre backs with injury issues 
  • shine166 said:
    Scoham said:
    Can we sign some players from L1 or above for fees soon to end this idea on social media that TS can only afford L2 players.
    There will be another conspiracy, as soon as he does. 
    Didn't take long, less than 12 hours later he's not paying the bills. 
  • Chey Dunkley linked
    Without wanting to dismiss it, can anyone tell me what the Football League World's forecasts  for us have amounted to so far this close season?
  • Leuth said:
    The only defenders left to sign are a left-back and maybe a ball-playing LCB, don't think Dunkley fits that brief 
    Have we forgotten the prodigious talent that is Mr Jacob Roddy?

But more probably the LB might be up as a loanee as we probably want to strengthen the midfield (in terms of goals if nothing else) and replace Washington too.

• Chey Dunkley linked
    Very good player but not exactly a ball playing centre back if that's what we're after.  
  • In a lot of ways it makes sense but in even more it doesn't.  Would give us the physical domination in both boxes we lack when Inniss is,  permanently, injured.

This is quite a nice read https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/farewell-sergeant-chey-dunkley-the-right-man-at-the-wrong-time-for-sheffield-wednesday-3703688
  • If we are playing a high press we will also have a high line. We need our last centre back signing to be quick (and ideally left footed). Otherwise I think we will be hit on the counter a lot next season