Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Just wondering if we could offer Swindon a Davison/DJ job lot  
  • Thanks for the McKirdy bits.
  • DOUCHER said:
    Just wondering if we could offer Swindon a Davison/DJ job lot  
    I reckon Garner will get a good tune out of DJ. Hope we keep him
  • DJ strikes me, admittedly one of his small fanclub, as someone Garner could have quite a lot of use for
  • Pudds said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Just wondering if we could offer Swindon a Davison/DJ job lot  
    I reckon Garner will get a good tune out of DJ. Hope we keep him
    Hope you're right - he's had a few games where he's been outstanding but far more where he's been poor - if i could offload i would. Davison just doesn't have the quality.   
  • DOUCHER said:
    Think we could do with a bit more edge / personality in the team - last summer's signings swung too far into the nice boy zone  
    Yeah, even CP's squad had Kermorgant - as good as he was he wound up other players/fans something chronic and it gave us a useful edge more often than not.
  • I also think DJ could be used more centrally, albeit that position is probably Fraser's initially
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2022
    Swindon sign a left back, could free up their current one to join us.
  • Dunkley wouldnt be bad. 36 goals for a CB is pretty good going and defensively at corners he would be a plus! 
  • Bubble said:

Local Sheffield journo ruling Wednesday out on Payne
    perfect from what i have read and seen of him would be a great addition come on BG work your magic
  • Belv said:
    Belv said:
    Paddy7 said:
    Just curious as I've only seen his highlights; apart from the annoying hair, what else does he do that so winds people up, and how do some of you know about these antics?
    Seen a couple of interviews with him and he's a cocky little shit with a chip on his shoulder.

I don't necessarily mind a player with a chip on their shoulder.
    And he doesn't mind winding up away fans with his goal celebrations. Personally don't mind a cocky so and so in the team as at least then he's our cocky so and so. Plus Garner would know what he's like as a person and in and around the dressing room so if he's happy then I'm happy.
    Agree.

Like all "mavericks" he just wants to be loved, Garner obviously knew how to handle and treat him to get the best out of him.
    We were offered Payne last season turned him down 
  • Belv said:
    Belv said:
    Paddy7 said:
    Just curious as I've only seen his highlights; apart from the annoying hair, what else does he do that so winds people up, and how do some of you know about these antics?
    Seen a couple of interviews with him and he's a cocky little shit with a chip on his shoulder.

I don't necessarily mind a player with a chip on their shoulder.
    And he doesn't mind winding up away fans with his goal celebrations. Personally don't mind a cocky so and so in the team as at least then he's our cocky so and so. Plus Garner would know what he's like as a person and in and around the dressing room so if he's happy then I'm happy.
    Agree.

Like all "mavericks" he just wants to be loved, Garner obviously knew how to handle and treat him to get the best out of him.
    We were offered Payne last season turned him down 
    Not sure what that has to do with my post however, I'd guess Swindon were looking to get a fee for him knowing he wasn't going to sign a new contract.
  • I'm expecting us to land a relatively bigger fish come the start of the season, a striker, and depending on how high they are as a priority on our target list, I'm expecting us to fend off competition paying a fee to get them. I'm thinking a Stockton or Jephcott (1 year left on his contract) in stature / reputation, but not necessarily either of those particular players.

Then we'll see what Wednesday are made of when it comes to a bidding war. The players they're had so far were all free and we don't know if they were of interest to us. I doubt the two Rotherham lads they got were even on our radar tbh, and they've managed a crafty move there, the dirty, cheating, northern bar stewards. if true they're after Mr Purrington 😺 another freebie.

That is of course, unless Thomas really is skint 😂🤣😂🤣
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:
    Think we could do with a bit more edge / personality in the team - last summer's signings swung too far into the nice boy zone  
    Yup.  Our disciplinary record was poor, without any of that edge/shithousery.  The 100 yellow card thing and the fact we made a thing of it was pathetic.  Really accentuated what a toilet season it was.  The edge we have is when Stockley mis controls the ball and ends taking players out and career ending tackles from Inniss, exactly the wrong edge 
  • Leuth said:
    DJ strikes me, admittedly one of his small fanclub, as someone Garner could have quite a lot of use for
    Why is Garner getting married or having a party or something!😬😂
  • T said:
    Amazing how the black box just is seemingly churning out Swindon Town players now....
    And that TS and his son know so much about Swindon.
  • Bubble said:

Local Sheffield journo ruling Wednesday out on Payne

That's all fine, long as this guy isn't Sheffield's answer to our very own Nixon.. 😎