Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Leuth said:
    I also think DJ could be used more centrally, albeit that position is probably Fraser's initially
    The best thing DJ could be used for is driving Davison to Swindon and remaining there with him.
    Both crap.
    I think DJ could be a top league 1, lower championship player, in the right position/role.

I don't see it being with us.

Would certainly have him on the unload list.
  • Bubble said:

Local Sheffield journo ruling Wednesday out on Payne

That's all fine, long as this guy isn't Sheffield's answer to our very own Nixon.. 😎
    Nixon is most certainly not one of ours.
  • paulfox said:
    Leuth said:
    I also think DJ could be used more centrally, albeit that position is probably Fraser's initially
    The best thing DJ could be used for is driving Davison to Swindon and remaining there with him.
    Both crap.
    There bolloxed if he has to overtake someone!!😳
    Everyone out
  • swordfish said:
    J BLOCK said:
    RedRobin said:

He's from London, he knows our manager and some of our players, we'll soon be getting a 2m bonus from Pope's transfer, surely we can edge Sheff Weds out of it?
    You'd hope so, but Sheff Weds are throwing silly money about 
    Paid nothing yet in transfer fees though. All five signings out of contract.
    The money they are on is ridiculous 
  • Dizzle said:
    Martin cannot work out how to turn the Swindon Town FC filter off in the spreadsheet 
    Hahaha I thought someone must of told him to get Windows 22 and got it muddled up and now he's trying to sign the Swindon 22
  • edited June 2022
    Kips said:
    Bubble said:

Local Sheffield journo ruling Wednesday out on Payne

That's all fine, long as this guy isn't Sheffield's answer to our very own Nixon.. 😎
    Nixon is most certainly not one of ours.

sar·casm
    [ˈsɑːkaz(ə)m]
    NOUN
    1. the use of irony to mock or convey contempt:.... B)
  • All joking apart, what became annoying for me was DJ did really well defensively, but was supposed to be a good attacking player. Has he ever played right back? As sadly I thought he looked better when covering the defence.
  • Shocked at the statement that DJ has ever had an excellent game for us. Better defender than an attacker but he's still not very good at that. Send him back to Swindon as a bargaining chip.
  • Sponsored links:

• RC_CAFC said:
    paulfox said:
    Leuth said:
    Both crap.
    Don’t quite get the hate on DJ. Think he is a decent player. What he isn’t though, and never was, is a wing back!

I’m hoping one of the ‘lessons learnt’ is that square pegs don’t fit in round holes.

Hope if he stays, that people give him a chance next season
    Don’t make me a hater!!!, my comment was tongue in cheek, we are aloud to have a laugh on here!!, he’s ok when he decides he wants to be, but doesn’t produce consistently enough.
  • Whilst i completely get the raiding of Swindon for their best players, im hoping we have others lined up elsewhere too as we don't want to put all our eggs in the same basket.
  • tbf BG has only just come in and if he and the rest of the recruitment team feel they can now take advantage of his relationships and connections with the better players of his former club and rate them more than other players they had on the target list then i see that as good news dont get all the moaning
    Tongue placed firmly in cheek here.  More a piss take of the black box hyperbole... 

We always used to do well picking up hungry lower league players, dont have an issue with the recruitment so far 
  • RC_CAFC said:
    paulfox said:
    Leuth said:
    Both crap.
    Don’t quite get the hate on DJ. Think he is a decent player. What he isn’t though, and never was, is a wing back!

I’m hoping one of the ‘lessons learnt’ is that square pegs don’t fit in round holes.

What shape hole does DJ fit in?  18 months on I have no idea. 
  • Scoham said:
    So, any rumours not involving either current or ex Swindon players, I get the old manager link ups but there is life outside of Wiltshire...ffs
    It was meant to happen, Swindon have…

✅ A red and white home kit 🔴⚪️
    ✅ Their badge has a robin and a train on it 🚂
    and they also couldn't get out of the division they are in 
    So what!!!
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    RC_CAFC said:
    paulfox said:
    Leuth said:
    Both crap.

What shape hole does DJ fit in?  18 months on I have no idea. 
    He's an attacking midfielder, can play wide
  • I’m also sensing that type of winger could become a bit redundant on the whole now.  The pacey/step over merchant with no end product has been part of the game for so many years now, but teams are moving to 4-3-3s and other more modern formations where the width is provided by the full back.  I’ve lost count of all those pacey wingers with no end product over the years.  Take your pick.  Teams up and down the country have always had them
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2022
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Reed isn’t a priority, and will not pay over the odds. If he is going to come will be towards the end of the window.. tried to get, but have moved on for now, more important targets 
    Makes sense with no left backs and a lack of goalscorers across the midfield and attack.

Someone like Reed may become available once Swindon have signed a replacement. Definitely worth keeping an eye on their incomings!
  • Scoham said:
    Swindon sign a left back, could free up their current one to join us.
    I hear a rumour we may be going after Reece Devine.  Don't know anything about him though.  😂😂😂
    Is this the feller?

• paulfox said:
    RC_CAFC said:
    paulfox said:
    Leuth said:
    Both crap.

Don’t make me a hater!!!, my comment was tongue in cheek, we are aloud to have a laugh on here!!, he’s ok when he decides he wants to be, but doesn’t produce consistently enough.
    👍 Was perhaps more aimed at the comment before yours.

Agree he hasn’t been consistent enough as yet. But I think he may be well suited to Garner’s style of play and could well be a good finisher as well like CBT and Aneke.
  • edited June 2022
    Watching DJ take on a full-back, he's constantly able to buy himself half a yard to find a cross/pass/time to dribble but his crossing isn't good and like most of our players over the past few seasons, he lacks the football intelligence to do anything with it.

He was the only person to rip Maatsen a new one so I had high hopes. Perhaps there's still a chance but it's make or break.
  • Chunes said:
    Watching DJ take on a full-back, he's constantly able to buy himself half a yard to find a cross/pass/time to dribble but his crossing isn't good and like most of our players over the past few seasons, he lacks the football intelligence to do anything with it.

He was the only person to rip Maatsen a new one so I had high hopes. Perhaps there's still a chance but it's make or break.
    He does do some really good stuff, then we as fans are thinking keep doing that!, but then he doesn’t 😤, like I said before consistency but we are in league 1 and I guess that’s what you get.
  • Chunes said:

His crossing in itself is fine, what impedes it is the fact he's always under pressure when he crosses due to his lack of pace compared to most modern wing-backs (having bought that half a yard, he has to immediately ping it in). Hence why I think he could be tried further inside 
  • edited June 2022
    Leuth said:
    Chunes said:

His crossing in itself is fine, what impedes it is the fact he's always under pressure when he crosses due to his lack of pace compared to most modern wing-backs (having bought that half a yard, he has to immediately ping it in). Hence why I think he could be tried further inside 
    I think it was @Sage who said he played centrally for Swindon. Would be interesting to see him in that role in a possession side. Wouldn’t expect it to work if we’re pumping the ball in the general direction of Stockley.