Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Scoham said:
    Might be interesting to see what Ben Garner makes of Chuks inability to play 90 mins. Perhaps the revamped medical team and a newer perspective by the coaching staff might make a difference to him. 
    Quite similar to what he experienced with Williams. He played plenty of games for Swindon but believe he rarely played 90 minutes. Used him off the bench too, clearly they managed his minutes well.
    Problem is, and always has been, it's difficult to manage someone's minutes when they end up being the only person who can play in that position due to suspensions and other injuries. 
    Agreed, it would be really frustrating if Stockley was injured or suspended and Chuks still couldn't start
  • I feel the introduction of five subs is going to make impact replacement a growing part of the game. In a similar way I suppose to Rugby Union having its closers.
  • edited June 2022
    Scoham said:
    Might be interesting to see what Ben Garner makes of Chuks inability to play 90 mins. Perhaps the revamped medical team and a newer perspective by the coaching staff might make a difference to him. 
    Quite similar to what he experienced with Williams. He played plenty of games for Swindon but believe he rarely played 90 minutes. Used him off the bench too, clearly they managed his minutes well.
    Problem is, and always has been, it's difficult to manage someone's minutes when they end up being the only person who can play in that position due to suspensions and other injuries. 
    Agree, with Aneke and Inniss already here and the cap getting smaller I don’t feel we have room for another player who needs their minutes managing as much as Williams.
  • Top 10 performers in League 2 by average rating for last season. I wonder how many we're looking at. 

McLaughlin had an incredible season but is 32 and would command a fee, would be a good signing if we already had an established team and were looking to just strengthen  for promotion but we need to be looking at next season as well

Louis Reed we are looking at and I think will sign

Evans is being linked to the championship, doubt he’s on our radar

McKirdy I imagine is a target, just whether Swindon will want to sell to us and if he’s in the budget

Adams has gone to Cardiff, tidy player 

Cadden is who I’ve wanted to fill our left back role, still young, wand of a left foot, can take set pieces and just adds an extra threat to our attack 

Guthrie is a left footer but more of an Innis rather than a Naby. Saying that though assuming Eoghan will be our (I hate this term) quarter back type, we may need someone who can handle aerial threats and in general big target men, he was one of the best at that last season. Would also command a few like McLaughlin though and is month shy of 30, not sure if that will be something we’d look to spend our budget on 

Can’t say I know anything about Collins 

Powell wouldn’t offer us anything, especially if we get Reed, wages spent better elsewhere 

Also haven’t heard of Hoskins but he seems to have knocked up some good numbers and Northampton were a good side last season, seems like one of the standouts 
    Thanks.

Really impressed with your analysis especially after naming O'Connell as a possible target before anyone else.
  • I feel the introduction of five subs is going to make impact replacement a growing part of the game. In a similar way I suppose to Rugby Union having its closers.
    Being able to replace half your outfield players is a big change IMO. It will really help pressing teams for instance.
    A big swing back to advantage bigger clubs who can afford both the depth and quality of players.
    It will be interesting to see how teams utilise the change.
  • Hope this isn’t true. With signing Vaulks yesterday, Sheffield Wednesday are looking very strong if they get these as well 
  • NabySarr said:
    Hope this isn’t true. With signing Vaulks yesterday, Sheffield Wednesday are looking very strong if they get these as well 
    I thought they were skint?
  • edited June 2022
    Hylton was first linked to us by Pete O’Rourke who was the first to break the news of Eoghan O’Connell’s signing.

Maybe there was nothing in the link and it was all agent talk but there was definitely something going on or Pete O’Rourke wouldn’t have reported it.

Having said all that, I don’t love the first two options suggested. The third is more interesting, but only as a back up.
  • Sponsored links:

• The bloke is a monster, the height of a basketball player and only 22 so plenty still to learn. Type of player that could develop nicely and be sold for x times over in 3-4 years.

• Wouldn't want Michael Smith personally. Big lump. We've got a few of those already. 
  • Difficult to see a player like Hudlin fitting in with how Garner wants to set up. I can see more chance of signing Harry Kane than Hudlin. 
  • Wasnt Hudlin linked with Huddersfield recently?
  • Hylton was first linked to us by Pete O’Rourke who was the first to break the news of Eoghan O’Connell’s signing.

Maybe there was nothing in the link and it was all agent talk but there was definitely something going on or Pete O’Rourke wouldn’t have reported it.

Having said all that, I don’t love the first two options suggested. The third is more interesting, but only as a back up.
    Pete O'Rourke gets quite a bit wrong and I've also noticed he picks up on quite a bit of transfer activity elsewhere and posts it a couple of minutes later. Appreciate he mentioned O'Connell, but that was just before he joined. He seems fairly accurate when he says X is having a medical at Y, bid has been accepted etc but I reckon he also posts a lot of agent talk. 
  • Saw Hudlin play in the play offs, donkey - although gets media interest because of his height. No chance we'd sign him (or any league 1 club i bet) 
  • Saw Hudlin play in the play offs, donkey - although gets media interest because of his height. No chance we'd sign him (or any league 1 club i bet) 
    I saw him live, as Solihull played at Borehamwood. Other than his height, he certainly didn't stand out as the sort of player who could step up a couple of divisions.
  • NabySarr said:
    Hope this isn’t true. With signing Vaulks yesterday, Sheffield Wednesday are looking very strong if they get these as well 
    Doing an Ipswich and buying promotion!
  • IanJRO said:
    NabySarr said:
    Haven't they lost a few too? I think the incomings are weaker than the outgoings, based on me only knowing who two of the six are 😬
  • Sponsored links:

• Hylton was first linked to us by Pete O’Rourke who was the first to break the news of Eoghan O’Connell’s signing.

I would take Marquis over Hylton and the others...the last guy sounds like an unconvincing Carl Leaburn whose first touch was magic.
    Oh for a Carl Leaburn now. 
  • Chunes said:
    Wouldn't want Michael Smith personally. Big lump. We've got a few of those already. 

Michael Smith has had a decent career and was very good in League 1 last season. 
    Rotherham look like they will have a weaker team in the championship.

Big striker are effective in League 1 if they get quality balls to run on too. Stockley and Aneke for Cafc so we need the pacey forward to complement CBT, Kanu, Jayden and Chuks, who will vie for a front 3 position.
  • I keep saying it but we need a small, pacey striker to complement the ones we've already got. Preferably one that knows where the goal is. 
    How do you fit them into a 433?
  • I keep saying it but we need a small, pacey striker to complement the ones we've already got. Preferably one that knows where the goal is. 
    Not our usual criteria. 🙂
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I keep saying it but we need a small, pacey striker to complement the ones we've already got. Preferably one that knows where the goal is. 
    Works if we play 532
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I keep saying it but we need a small, pacey striker to complement the ones we've already got. Preferably one that knows where the goal is. 
    Ask Pep and Klopp. Utd also did it with Ronaldo, Tevez and Rooney interchanging  the year they won the Champion’s League. 
  • IanJRO said:
    NabySarr said:
    Let’s hope they have as much luck  
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Ask Pep and Klopp. Utd also did it with Ronaldo, Tevez and Rooney interchanging  the year they won the Champion’s League. 
    They didn’t really; Ronaldo largely played wide in a 442 that year