Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• mart77 said:
    I’d say I wish we could remove all the irrelevant, sniping posts from this thread but then we’d only have about 100 posts.
    He sniped irrelevantly :wink:
  • felix_31 said:
    Love the signings so far, and everything else coming out of the club - all sounds very positive. BUT - what is it with BG's white T-Shirts?! What are those about, they look terrible!  Put on some CAFC clobber, come on!
    Kids stock is in next week.
  • RedRobin said:
    Redrobo said:
    Rothko said:
    McKirdy's record looks like someone who has had one hot season, and hasn't really done anything before

Tyreece Simpson wants out of Ipswich and if the money wasn’t stupid I think he may be the better choice.
    11 goals in 30 (on Wikipedia) on loan at Swindon. Only 20.
    Wanted by Peterborough I think I saw. They don't often get their striking options wrong tbh so he must have something about him 
    Barry Fry has come and said Ipswich won’t sell to a promotion rival. 
    Bit rich of Ipswich to call a team "a promotion rival" given where they finished last season ;)

and the two seasons before
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    I'd expect most loans to be later in the window even for U23s , clubs will want them in for a chunk of preseason first before making decisions. Hopefully we don't leave it right to deadline day though on that front. 

LCB and left back next on the list for me please , wouldn't be surprised if the left back is one of the loanees though. 
    Bolton have already signed one on loan.  The ones on the fringes of squads or who will play in the early rounds of the league Cup will move later. 

What date did we sign Famewo last year?
    8th July. Next in was Lee on 26th August.
  • Here's a dilemma..

What if it was the black magic box that produced the name Jonny Williams as the perfect midfield solution to all our problems?

After all he is ex-Charlton, currently Swindon, known to Garner AND he's injury prone - so he ticks all the boxes or lights up all the LEDs or sets off all the whistles or whatever else a black box does when it comes up with a load of old bollocks. 
    What first attracted you to the name grumpy ?
    He failed the height test 😎
  • edited June 2022
    I think we have had far more success with young Premier League loan players, like Millar, Maatsen, Da Silva, Cullen, Bielik and Gallagher than dropping down Champ players. Obviously, you get the odd lemon like Dylan Levitt, Nile John etc but generally they have more to prove that they can make it in mens football. I also like raiding lower level teams for their best players, Danny Hollands, Rhys Wiggins, Dale Stephens all come to mind. Therefore I am supportive of the current player acquisition strategy although a little nervous about the ball playing, attractive football nonsense. 
    I think those who drop from the Championship like Matthews, Gunter, Watson , Arter and Famewo are always a bit disappointed at the level they are playing at and don't perform so well. 
    Sorba Thomas has shown brilliantly this year that you can move from lower leagues to the Championship. Below the Premier League, I dont honestly think that the gulf in quality is that big. 
    If I look back further into our history, Lennie got us promoted by pinching Steve Thompson and George Shipley from division below Lincoln and John Pender and John Humphrey from relegated Wolves. 
    Time will tell, but nothing on player recruitment so far to be disappointed about. 
    I totally agree with you on that. I think ball playing attractive football is harder to pull off. Great if we do of course but I want to win and how we do it matters less. Let's hope we do pull it off and have an entertaining but above all a successful season.
  • Here's a dilemma..

What if it was the black magic box that produced the name Jonny Williams as the perfect midfield solution to all our problems?

After all he is ex-Charlton, currently Swindon, known to Garner AND he's injury prone - so he ticks all the boxes or lights up all the LEDs or sets off all the whistles or whatever else a black box does when it comes up with a load of old bollocks. 
    So last year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Been out for a few hours, and checked in to find another 140 posts, now there MUST be some good news in there somewhere with all that activity, so c'mon i can take it who was the third signing, don't really want to trawl through everything to find sweet f all at the end.. B)
  • Been out for a few hours, and checked in to find another 140 posts, now there MUST be some good news in there somewhere with all that activity, so c'mon i can take it who was the third signing, don't really want to trawl through everything to find sweet f all at the end.. B)
    Marques
    There is loads happened today.  To get the full picture you need to read every word of those 140 posts or you would struggle to keep up and understand.  Exciting times.
    We've brought back Ben Watson
  • Mazeed Ogungbo, 19, is available for loan from Arsenal.

Regular for the U23’s, can play left-back, left-wing-back, or centre-back. 

Would be his first loan though.

• Might be interesting to see what Ben Garner makes of Chuks inability to play 90 mins. Perhaps the revamped medical team and a newer perspective by the coaching staff might make a difference to him. 
  • As I mentioned on 2 nd May, Massimo Luongo is now available,wants to be back in London 
  • Sponsored links:

• Might be interesting to see what Ben Garner makes of Chuks inability to play 90 mins. Perhaps the revamped medical team and a newer perspective by the coaching staff might make a difference to him. 
    Quite similar to what he experienced with Williams. He played plenty of games for Swindon but believe he rarely played 90 minutes. Used him off the bench too, clearly they managed his minutes well.
  • Delfin said:
    As I mentioned on 2 nd May, Massimo Luongo is now available,wants to be back in London 
    Depends if he can get Championship. I'd imagine he'd be a good signing for Millwall, Luton or QPR being in his peak and a very solid player. If Champ teams aren't interested and location is the reason, I reckon we'd be the only choice really. 
  • Delfin said:
    As I mentioned on 2 nd May, Massimo Luongo is now available,wants to be back in London 
    So Garner is not content with taking Swindon's current players and staff, now he might be looking at their old players too!
  • Delfin said:
    He's injured more than he plays, so would fit in.
  • Delfin said:
    He's injured more than he plays, so would fit in.
    Not sure that's fair, played a high number of matches between 2013 and 2019. Only concern was 20/21 but players get injured, that's football. 
  • edited June 2022
    ...WIBBLE...
     B) 

• Scoham said:
    Might be interesting to see what Ben Garner makes of Chuks inability to play 90 mins. Perhaps the revamped medical team and a newer perspective by the coaching staff might make a difference to him. 
    Quite similar to what he experienced with Williams. He played plenty of games for Swindon but believe he rarely played 90 minutes. Used him off the bench too, clearly they managed his minutes well.
    Problem is, and always has been, it's difficult to manage someone's minutes when they end up being the only person who can play in that position due to suspensions and other injuries. 
  • Top 10 performers in League 2 by average rating for last season. I wonder how many we're looking at.