Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• sam3110 said:
    for anyone that doesn't know, bdubyas_view is also known as BWP..... 

Any takers!
    Description says classic Charlton Red…….I don’t f’ing think so.
    That’s verging on tangerine…..therefore I’m out.🫣☹️
  • Scoham said:
    Williams is a great player to have coming from the bench. 

People staring at the goals stat didn't realise how effective he was sometimes during our League One play-off run. Guaranteed free-kicks in their half and decent playmaking skills too. 
    The concern is with a squad cap is it sensible to sign Williams when we already have two players who usually can’t play 90 minutes (never mind twice a week) in Inniss and Aneke? He’s not the only option out there.
    If you go down the premiership youngsters, not championship fringe route with your loans that's less of an issue.

There are conditions that I would actively want Johnny back but I don't think they exist at the moment.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    We've said the same about Morgan every time we've got a new manager
    And every manager has picked him, time and time again. 
    Never consistently though 
    Nope, but they always return to him. :wink:

• edited July 2022
    Dave Rudd said:
    cafc4life said:
    Payne to Crawley confirmed.

or maybe not.
    JACK PAYNE TO SIGN FOR CRAWLEY - News - Crawley Town (crawleytownfc.com)

Done deal weeks ago.

:) 
    If he goes to Crawley, what is all this crap about Championship clubs wanting him? I would respectfully suggest they don't.
  • The shirt is clearly red. 
  • Callum Harriot available, left footed!
  • The technical name according to the OS is RED ALERT
  • I loved the Adidas 87 kit with white socks.

• Williams is a great player to have coming from the bench. 

People staring at the goals stat didn't realise how effective he was sometimes during our League One play-off run. Guaranteed free-kicks in their half and decent playmaking skills too. 
    Now they allow five subs you make a decent point.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rather than having a player coming from the bench, we could have a player fighting for a first team place and driving competition in the squad 
  • edited July 2022
    Chunes said:
    Rather than having a player coming from the bench, we could have a player fighting for a first team place and driving competition in the squad 
    And on the flip side you can have players that only ever play an hour, like they do in Rugby Union.

If you had a squad where you could sub off 4 of your front 6 on the hour every game you could play at a much higher intensity, than if you couldn't?

So the two scenarios aren't either ors are they? 
  • seth plum said:
    Williams is a great player to have coming from the bench. 

Now they allow five subs you make a decent point.
    Exactly and we have to take that into consideration with the players we sign. Having quality off the bench like Aneke and maybe Williams for example is going to be huge for us this season. The more quality we have in depth the better, of course.
  • edited July 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:
    Rather than having a player coming from the bench, we could have a player fighting for a first team place and driving competition in the squad 
    And on the flip side you can have players that only ever play an hour, like they do in Rugby Union.

If you had a squad where you could sub off 4 of your front 6 on the hour every game you could play at a much higher intensity, than if you couldn't?

You've lost me there. 

I'm gonna pull myself away from doing the Williams convo again.
  • Chunes said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:

You've lost me there. 

I'm gonna pull myself away from doing the Williams convo again.
    Without me mentioning him...

The point is if you can make 4 offensive subs after about an hour, without effecting the quality of the players, your 4 "starters" can play with more intensity, can't they?

That would be a massive bonus. Wouldn't it?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    The shirt is clearly red. 
    Yes……but there are shades of red Dazzler and that is NOT our classic red colour……at least as it appears in that photo.
  • edited July 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:

Yeah but how big are the squads ? Not really wise to have 3 of your 22 almost certainly never likely to play a whole game. 

Edit: in 2018/19 the smallest squad was 51 players lol

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/analysis-premiership-squads-and-homegrown-percentages-for-2019-20/
  • Scoham said:
    Depends who you ask, my sons are raving about him, he’s still quite young so his value could increase a lot, I thought he was a free transfer, obviously not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Depends who you ask, my sons are raving about him, he’s still quite young so his value could increase a lot, I thought he was a free transfer, obviously not.

Is a 28 year old going to increase in value a lot? He seems to have had a good season but 10 in 92 for Doncaster in the years before that suggests maybe its a flash in the pan.
  • Scoham said:

Is a 28 year old going to increase in value a lot? He seems to have had a good season but 10 in 92 for Doncaster in the years before that suggests maybe its a flash in the pan.

And he is actually 29 tomorrow...
  • Dazzler21 said:
    The shirt is clearly red. 
    Yes……but there are shades of red Dazzler and that is NOT our classic red colour……at least as it appears in that photo.
    I did think that when watching the game today. It reminded me of our first Nike kit when it was the wrong shade of red.
  • edited July 2022
    Not keen on May. Can't help thinking he's the next Ajose.

He's an SE London / Kent boy though so if we're in for him, you'd think we have a good chance.
  • Dave Rudd said:
    cafc4life said:

or maybe not.

Done deal weeks ago.

If he goes to Crawley, what is all this crap about Championship clubs wanting him? I would respectfully suggest they don't.
    I think you've been woooshed mate.

Crawley signed A Jack Payne last June (check the date on one of the links) and not THE Jack Payne. 
  • swordfish said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    cafc4life said:

or maybe not.

Done deal weeks ago.

Several Clubs want Payne in the window, but we can I'll afford another player made of glass. Has Cawley confirmed Payne to Crawley? 🤔
    It is clear there should be more transparency. 
  • Scoham said:
    Not just a poacher:
    https://youtu.be/n8DiCD8LVtU

£200k plus Davison and Morgan

…..I know it’s not as simple as that 
  • Only thing going against May is his age. 29 tomorrow means probably no resale value if he doesn't work out. Wonder if the striker might be a loanee 
  • shine166 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:

Yeah but how big are the squads ? Not really wise to have 3 of your 22 almost certainly never likely to play a whole game. 

Edit: in 2018/19 the smallest squad was 51 players lol

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/analysis-premiership-squads-and-homegrown-percentages-for-2019-20/
    Yeah but it's all so 15 aside to start with :p

I think if you use the loan market right, and have a couple of your own youngsters, you can have a squad big enough. 

The coach/manager that gets the best out of the extra subs will have a massive impact on the game.   Especially with players that don't have total faith in their own bodies. 

I also think the total injury crisis of 19/20 and the position specific ones of the last two seasons have left a lot of emotional scare tissue on us.  The reality was the poor balance of the squad made them worse than they should have been.