Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Redrobo said:
    Izzy Brown available on a free. Attacking midfielder and scored against us in the Championship when playing for Luton. Big lad and should be good at our level.
    Injury prone
  • Yeah I wouldn't take a risk on Izzy Brown , got talent but I don't think he even featured this season for Preston because of injuries 

Most games he's managed in a season was 25 for Luton 
  • Scoham said:
    Andrew Barclay says we're up for sale again.  I do hope that's not true
    I heard this a few weeks back when TS was last over here.
    I wasn’t sure if this was the case or that he had been testing the water and putting together all the pieces to make that happen should someone show interest. I don’t believe he has actually gone out there and made it public but has made it known among certain quarters that he would be interested to hear offers.
    It’s pretty clear that AB has been approached again and that the sticking point is the Belgian schmuck not shifting on his unrealistic asking price for The Valley and Sparrows Lane….it’s clear to one and all he remains the fly in the ointment.
    He is a big noise in St Truiden and has never forgiven us for going there and stirring up trouble for him……he doesn’t need the money but I believe he’s getting satisfaction in screwing us up…..I know some don’t share that view but honestly what else can possibly be his motivation, if someone can come up with a better reasoning I’d love to hear it?
    TS, AB and The Belgian need to bang their heads together….easy for us to say of course.
    I also believe that TS was and still is genuine about wanting success for us with himself as the owner but the huge share price slump in Zynex have hit him very hard and the financial position he found himself in a couple of years back is no longer anywhere near as rosy.
    Worrying time for him naturally means a worrying time for us……that goes without saying.
    I honestly feel sorry for the man but there’s still hope Thomas you stil have next season to prove your worth, so go for it fella, sink or swim as the saying goes.
    Wanting the bulk of the money he spent on us back?
    I don’t know the figures mate but I should have thought £50,000,000 is way above what he laid out.
    No way he lost 50 mil or anything close to that IMHO.
  • Scoham said:
    I wasn’t sure if this was the case or that he had been testing the water and putting together all the pieces to make that happen should someone show interest. I don’t believe he has actually gone out there and made it public but has made it known among certain quarters that he would be interested to hear offers.
    It’s pretty clear that AB has been approached again and that the sticking point is the Belgian schmuck not shifting on his unrealistic asking price for The Valley and Sparrows Lane….it’s clear to one and all he remains the fly in the ointment.
    He is a big noise in St Truiden and has never forgiven us for going there and stirring up trouble for him……he doesn’t need the money but I believe he’s getting satisfaction in screwing us up…..I know some don’t share that view but honestly what else can possibly be his motivation, if someone can come up with a better reasoning I’d love to hear it?
    TS, AB and The Belgian need to bang their heads together….easy for us to say of course.
    I also believe that TS was and still is genuine about wanting success for us with himself as the owner but the huge share price slump in Zynex have hit him very hard and the financial position he found himself in a couple of years back is no longer anywhere near as rosy.
    Worrying time for him naturally means a worrying time for us……that goes without saying.
    I honestly feel sorry for the man but there’s still hope Thomas you stil have next season to prove your worth, so go for it fella, sink or swim as the saying goes.
    I don’t know the figures mate but I should have thought £50,000,000 is way above what he laid out.
    £71m
  • Scoham said:
    76 million according to the 2018/19 accounts.
  • A rumour has appeared this morning.

Alex Gorrin from Oxford. Surprise surprise he has injury problems. Personally I would rather renew JFC.

Burton Albion and Charlton Athletic consider Oxford United transfer swoop | Football League World
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Maccn05 said:
    jakecafc said:
    He's probably the least qualified in all 4 divisions.
    Mmmmm……I understand where you’re coming from jake but if all he is doing is gathering and collating data and passing that on then anyone with decent computer knowledge can do that…..I would assume?

He´s supposed to have been the person responsible for finding and bringing in Dobson to the extent of having to fight to fight against Adkins, who apparently wasnt keen on him. 

Now, we´re all happy with that as Dobson has been our main outstanding player this season but what we dont look at is the fact that Martin Sandgaard, while working in his role at Zynex in Colorado, had more of a say over a player signing than the then manager.

It worked that time, it might not again.
    Does that add up? I don’t think Martin was working for us early last summer?
    99.99999% Dobson was a Martin signing.  Adkins didn't want him, was talked it to it being worth a shot. Dobson found out Adkins didn't want him. 

Dobson wasn't the only player Adkins didn't want us to sign, or resign. 

Adkins might well have been wrong about that but it's no better than the early days of Roland.  You can't give managers players they don't want, then blame the manager. 
    I don't know about it being like Roland. I'm ok with due diligence being done on the data and then a case being presented to the manager and a debate ensuing. You can't expect everyone to initially agree every time, and Adkins eventually did. The issue is that he then couldn't wait to drop Dobson, which made it all a bit pointless agreeing in the first place. Adkins dropped Dobson for Watson for an extended period, that in itself screams petulance more than sound judgment. Roland though had people turning up at the training ground that Powell hadn't even heard of saying they were expecting to play. Our major problem right now, apparently, is that we have a system the manager wants to play and a squad not capable of doing it. Data will be very useful in identifying the right profile of player, and from there the manager can have a look and assess their character. I don't think anyone can complain about the level of commitment we got from Dobson, in contrast to someone like Reza, so it feels like Dobson passed all the relevant checks. I would be concerned if Jackson gets landed with loads of players he thinks aren't the right fit, and his approach with Castillo and John worries me a bit, but ultimately we need the data and the management to work in tandem and something has to give in a deadlock. Does anyone know who Adkins thought was more suitable than Dobson?
    Watson started 5 games that Dobson didn't.  But he also picked Morgan, Clare, Arter and Gilbey at times a head of Dobson.

Anyway, that's almost irrelevant the point is it's not healthy having players who know the manager doesn't want them.  Who ever the player and manager are.

That can't happen this summer if we are going to rebuild in the manner we need to.  I think we can all agree on that.
    Absolutely, not very professional for a player to be made aware of that. I don't know if that came from Adkins or other sources but must be miserable for a player to change his job just to find out his career is likely to stall because the manager didn't get his way.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    76 million according to the 2018/19 accounts.
    If that’s true I am really shocked! 😯
  • Not rumours but just looking through who’s available on a free in league 1 and there’s no excuses to not build something solid for next season. So many good players out of contract and who would improve us 
  • Sponsored links:

• Not rumours but just looking through who’s available on a free in league 1 and there’s no excuses to not build something solid for next season. So many good players out of contract and who would improve us 

Can they deal with the low block and be more fluid? 
    Agreed, there's a huge chance for a club to offer slightly bigger wages early and get a very good team in if they do it right.
  • We don't have a manager.  
    Any decent player in demand will go elsewhere.
    Currently.
  • If we offer so many of our young players contracts it says a lot about the direction of travel.

• seth plum said:
    If we offer so many of our young players contracts it says a lot about the direction of travel.

Agree. The right direction IMO.

Can they deal with the low block and be more fluid? 
    Best way is to take laxatives and diuretics.
  • Sheffield Wednesday recruited a load of free transfers last season and they are in the playoffs.  This is definitely something we are looking to replicate
  • seth plum said:
    If we offer so many of our young players contracts it says a lot about the direction of travel.

That we are not following the Brentford model?
  • Redrobo said:
    seth plum said:

Why? We need to get out of this league ASAP, using a bunch of our youngsters won't do that, they're not all world beaters, and the physicality of the men's game is vastly different to knocking the ball about around a load of spotty yoof from up north. 

We need to sign the best players in this league, early in the window, and get it right
  • James Norwood released by Ipswich ….
  • Sponsored links:

• Utter garbage from TS to suggest that any decent player would sign without knowing who the manager is.  
  • edited May 2022
    I've mentioned him before but Viktor Johansson would be a great signing if he left Rotherham.

Been second choice most of the season so may prefer first choice in L1 over second choice in the Championship.

These comments from Warne strike me as a "I'd like to sell and get money from Johansson, Lindsay and Miller, make us an offer...." rather than wanting to sign them up long term

https://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk/news/view,boss-paul-warne-on-his-summer-transfer-plans-for-rotherham-united_41531.htm

Don't know as much about the rest mentioned beyond him & Michael Smith, anyone else know more?
  • edited May 2022
    James Norwood released by Ipswich ….
    Going to a northern league 1 club as their main striker for next season.
  • James Norwood released by Ipswich ….
    Going to a northern league 1 club as their main striker for next season.
    How do you know, I get the impression you don't live in the North...
    I’m good mates with Norwood’s school mates.
  • Redrobo said:
    seth plum said:

Provided a number of them graduate to the first team, and it doesn’t become such a production line of players for other clubs.
    I think one point of tension as it were is our developing players verses loans.
    I would not take a loan where another club wants an indifferent player to gain experience. For me loanees have to be of the likes of Cullen, Belik or Gallagher, not Levitt or John blocking progress of our guys.
  • edited May 2022
    Swisdom said:
    Sheffield Wednesday recruited a load of free transfers last season and they are in the playoffs.  This is definitely something we are looking to replicate
    Not a bad plan if the players are good. We got Yann, Hollands, Hayes, Evina, Matt Taylor and perhaps most importantly Mikel Alonso on frees in 2011/12, and Morrison and Hamer for nominal fees because they were unwanted. In 2018/19 Lyle Taylor, Pratley and Jonny Williams were all free. You can build a great squad with free transfers as long as they fit the system. The real question right now is what the hell the system's going to be
  • seth plum said:
    Redrobo said:
    seth plum said:

Provided a number of them graduate to the first team, and it doesn’t become such a production line of players for other clubs.
    I think one point of tension as it were is our developing players verses loans.
    I would not take a loan where another club wants an indifferent player to gain experience. For me loanees have to be of the likes of Cullen, Belik or Gallagher, not Levitt or John blocking progress of our guys.
    Not convinced John blocked a shot in training, never mind blocked another players progression.