Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Andrew Barclay says we're up for sale again.  I do hope that's not true
    Unless it's Crewe 😂
    Presumably based on the rumour on ITTV the other day.

The poster said Jon De Souza was coming in as a coach, two days later that was confirmed.

In the same post he said JJ and Euell are leaving and TS is looking to sell the club. If the former is true I'd expect it to be confirmed this week.
  • Scoham said:
    Could only read the first half of that because it's what we (or should I say some of us) were saying last July. Perhaps TS should just give me a call as it would have cut out all the crap.

So now he's said it I hope he's learnt from it & we start bringing in players BEFORE they come back for pre-season & not AFTER the season has started  
  • Didn't we have a buyback on Brendan Wiredu?

Was Colchester's PotY I believe, could be a smart move to activate it, midfield option and poss RWB option too.

Was Colchester's PotY I believe, could be a smart move to activate it, midfield option and poss RWB option too.
    He denied that was the case on twitter 

He denied that was the case on twitter 
    Ah ok, that's a shame if we haven't, seemed an unusually sensible move from us to have one!
  • Sponsored links:

• jakecafc said:
    He's probably the least qualified in all 4 divisions.
    Mmmmm……I understand where you’re coming from jake but if all he is doing is gathering and collating data and passing that on then anyone with decent computer knowledge can do that…..I would assume?
  • jakecafc said:
    Mmmmm……I understand where you’re coming from jake but if all he is doing is gathering and collating data and passing that on then anyone with decent computer knowledge can do that…..I would assume?
    If that's all he is doing. He isn't.  Remember he has 10 times the knowledge of a sky sports subscriber and a hard shot. 
  • Rumours that the club is back up for sale are just that rumours, but they are rumours that none of us have heard as far as I know but have been heard in the circles that Andrew Barclay moves in. Not saying there’s anything in it but it’s a very odd thing to hear from someone like Barclay. Perhaps Rick might need to rethink retiring VOTV for a while. 
  • edited May 2022
    jakecafc said:

He´s supposed to have been the person responsible for finding and bringing in Dobson to the extent of having to fight to fight against Adkins, who apparently wasnt keen on him. 

Now, we´re all happy with that as Dobson has been our main outstanding player this season but what we dont look at is the fact that Martin Sandgaard, while working in his role at Zynex in Colorado, had more of a say over a player signing than the then manager.

It worked that time, it might not again.
  • So no rumours about transfers?
    I heard this a few weeks back when TS was last over here.
    I wasn’t sure if this was the case or that he had been testing the water and putting together all the pieces to make that happen should someone show interest. I don’t believe he has actually gone out there and made it public but has made it known among certain quarters that he would be interested to hear offers.
    It’s pretty clear that AB has been approached again and that the sticking point is the Belgian schmuck not shifting on his unrealistic asking price for The Valley and Sparrows Lane….it’s clear to one and all he remains the fly in the ointment.
    He is a big noise in St Truiden and has never forgiven us for going there and stirring up trouble for him……he doesn’t need the money but I believe he’s getting satisfaction in screwing us up…..I know some don’t share that view but honestly what else can possibly be his motivation, if someone can come up with a better reasoning I’d love to hear it?
    TS, AB and The Belgian need to bang their heads together….easy for us to say of course.
    I also believe that TS was and still is genuine about wanting success for us with himself as the owner but the huge share price slump in Zynex have hit him very hard and the financial position he found himself in a couple of years back is no longer anywhere near as rosy.
    Worrying time for him naturally means a worrying time for us……that goes without saying.
    I honestly feel sorry for the man but there’s still hope Thomas you stil have next season to prove your worth, so go for it fella, sink or swim as the saying goes.
  • jakecafc said:

He´s supposed to have been the person responsible for finding and bringing in Dobson to the extent of having to fight to fight against Adkins, who apparently wasnt keen on him. 

Now, we´re all happy with that as Dobson has been our main outstanding player this season but what we dont look at is the fact that Martin Sandgaard, while working in his role at Zynex in Colorado, had more of a say over a player signing than the then manager.

Suppose that Adkins wanted Twine ? In that case we shot ourselves in the foot.
    Heard he wanted Ronaldo and we got Dobbo
  • jakecafc said:

Suppose that Adkins wanted Twine ? In that case we shot ourselves in the foot.
    Heavy supposition should never win discussions.
  • edited May 2022
    Richard J said:
    Greig Leigh being released by Morecambe. As I say above he impressed me in both our games against them and can play Left Back or more centrally;

Others will probably point to Obika being released.

Morecambe offer three new contracts and make 10 players available for transfer | Lancaster Guardian
    Now why is he being released...

- Morecambe dont feel he's good enough
     - Simply trying to lower the wage bill a little
     - Isnt being "released", just refuses to sign a new deal

I'm sure if we signed him, the majority of Charlton fans would instantly presume the first point.
  • Sponsored links:

I wasn’t sure if this was the case or that he had been testing the water and putting together all the pieces to make that happen should someone show interest. I don’t believe he has actually gone out there and made it public but has made it known among certain quarters that he would be interested to hear offers.
    It’s pretty clear that AB has been approached again and that the sticking point is the Belgian schmuck not shifting on his unrealistic asking price for The Valley and Sparrows Lane….it’s clear to one and all he remains the fly in the ointment.
    He is a big noise in St Truiden and has never forgiven us for going there and stirring up trouble for him……he doesn’t need the money but I believe he’s getting satisfaction in screwing us up…..I know some don’t share that view but honestly what else can possibly be his motivation, if someone can come up with a better reasoning I’d love to hear it?
    TS, AB and The Belgian need to bang their heads together….easy for us to say of course.
    I also believe that TS was and still is genuine about wanting success for us with himself as the owner but the huge share price slump in Zynex have hit him very hard and the financial position he found himself in a couple of years back is no longer anywhere near as rosy.
    Worrying time for him naturally means a worrying time for us……that goes without saying.
    I honestly feel sorry for the man but there’s still hope Thomas you stil have next season to prove your worth, so go for it fella, sink or swim as the saying goes.
    Wanting the bulk of the money he spent on us back?
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    One one fan on Twitter adamant that CBT has strong interest from Barnsley.

Will say a lot if we sold to a L1 rival 
    One word there Twitter ….. 
    another one.....Barnsley!
    How you seen how wealthy their owners are … makes TS look like a pauper.

Let’s hope your right
    you’re 🫠
    Ah the classic CL punctuation put down… well done mate 👍🏼
    Sorry Mac…..don’t take offence, it’s just me being a bit anal rather than trying to be cocky….your and you’re, there, they’re and their being my particular problems.
    Of course, I make mistakes myself quite often (as many of us do) and would genuinely welcome them being pointed out to me so that I can improve my own spelling and grammar.
    It’s something which has improved immeasurably since I started posting on Charlton forums……though I’m still not up in the Grapevine league by a long shot.
    As someone who suffers badly with dyslexia, this is something I have had to contend with my whole life and as soundas£ quite rightly says most people actually think they are being helpful and not as it actually comes across anal. It doesn’t offended me particularly but I do feel sometimes this kind of behaviour is a lot more common online than in face to face situations, as I often make verbal mistakes getting words mixed up or pronouncing them wrong but people seem a lot more forgiving and less judgemental face to face. I had honestly hoped that the age of the grammar police was slowly fading away but sadly not.
    My white collar boss is a smart guy but didn’t even finish high school. Very much a rough diamond. Beyond his lack of education, he seems to have a type of verbal dyslexia which can results in some lip biting moments . The biggest error he repeatedly makes is mispronouncing  the word consternation as the word constipation. I will diplomatically try and correct the odd phrase here and there but I can’t bring myself to correct him on that one. I see him making mistakes in meetings and everyone to a fault let’s it slide. I guess it helps that due to the nature of our business he is usually the most important person in the meeting. A lot needs to done to educate people on neurodiversity (autism dyslexia etc) 
  • Scoham said:
    Andrew Barclay says we're up for sale again.  I do hope that's not true
    Wanting the bulk of the money he spent on us back?
    He wants to be proved right, if he gets 50 odd million for the land he will be.  Its relatively small fry to him so he doesn't care how long.  Being right is more important to him. 
  • TS seemed perfectly happy at the women's game yesterday.
  • jakecafc said:

Martin Sandgaard didn’t sign him. He had to convince Adkins as he wasn’t convinced. One thing he used to try and convince him was that Dobson had the second most tackles in the league last season, when only playing half a season at Wimbledon. He used the data collected to prove his point that he would be a good buy. It’s an example of how it has worked. Not all will work though, of course.
  • Maccn05 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    One one fan on Twitter adamant that CBT has strong interest from Barnsley.

Will say a lot if we sold to a L1 rival 
    One word there Twitter ….. 
    another one.....Barnsley!
    How you seen how wealthy their owners are … makes TS look like a pauper.

Let’s hope your right
    you’re 🫠
    Arrogant tw&t
  • TS will be frustrated at losing £8m of his money a season, he was certainly open about it when he mentioned it on the final Charlton Live pod, he seems like he will be investing again this year though so maybe if we fail again next season he’ll look to get out but I can’t see him selling up anytime soon especially with the stadium deal making us pretty unattractive to the majority of investors.
  • edited May 2022
    Andrew Barclay says we're up for sale again.  I do hope that's not true
    Why is it pretty clear to you that Andrew Barclay has been approached again?
    He hasn't even said we're up for sale. He said he has heard we are, which is not surprising as ITV said we were. 
    I know he was talking to people regarding the situation and having various meetings with people outside of the club…..I would go as far as to say I am almost certain that he at least would have made contact with AB as he has been very much in the frame previously and quite likely still is.
    True it’s an assumption but perfectly logical wouldn’t you say, I understand from other posters on here that they do keep in contact anyway, from time to time that is.