Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Maccn05 said:
    jakecafc said:
    He's probably the least qualified in all 4 divisions.
    Mmmmm……I understand where you’re coming from jake but if all he is doing is gathering and collating data and passing that on then anyone with decent computer knowledge can do that…..I would assume?

He´s supposed to have been the person responsible for finding and bringing in Dobson to the extent of having to fight to fight against Adkins, who apparently wasnt keen on him. 

Now, we´re all happy with that as Dobson has been our main outstanding player this season but what we dont look at is the fact that Martin Sandgaard, while working in his role at Zynex in Colorado, had more of a say over a player signing than the then manager.

It worked that time, it might not again.
    Does that add up? I don’t think Martin was working for us early last summer?
    99.99999% Dobson was a Martin signing.  Adkins didn't want him, was talked it to it being worth a shot. Dobson found out Adkins didn't want him. 

Dobson wasn't the only player Adkins didn't want us to sign, or resign. 

Adkins might well have been wrong about that but it's no better than the early days of Roland.  You can't give managers players they don't want, then blame the manager. 
    I don't know about it being like Roland. I'm ok with due diligence being done on the data and then a case being presented to the manager and a debate ensuing. You can't expect everyone to initially agree every time, and Adkins eventually did. The issue is that he then couldn't wait to drop Dobson, which made it all a bit pointless agreeing in the first place. Adkins dropped Dobson for Watson for an extended period, that in itself screams petulance more than sound judgment. Roland though had people turning up at the training ground that Powell hadn't even heard of saying they were expecting to play. Our major problem right now, apparently, is that we have a system the manager wants to play and a squad not capable of doing it. Data will be very useful in identifying the right profile of player, and from there the manager can have a look and assess their character. I don't think anyone can complain about the level of commitment we got from Dobson, in contrast to someone like Reza, so it feels like Dobson passed all the relevant checks. I would be concerned if Jackson gets landed with loads of players he thinks aren't the right fit, and his approach with Castillo and John worries me a bit, but ultimately we need the data and the management to work in tandem and something has to give in a deadlock. Does anyone know who Adkins thought was more suitable than Dobson?

Yet many fans cited Dobson and Clare, as well as CBT, as prime examples of how poor our summer recruitment was and used that as a stick to beat Ged Roddy and the black box with.

Personally I think there were all good signings, as was Lavelle and when he's fit maybe Fraser too, but we also made some poor signings, often it seemed in desperation EG Arter and Souare.

So it seems it's old old story of success having a thousand fathers and failure is an orphan rather than just the system being good or bad.
  • Scoham said:

Barclay singing a slightly different tune there.

Is he suggesting Charlton fans should get behind Sandgaard.
    Agree. Perhaps he was only sharing his opinion after seeing the ITTV rumour spread all over social media. Not sure what he’s done to be seen as a much more serious businessman (compared to TS) who would never do something like that.

If he has heard genuine rumours more directly then would such a serious businessman be fuelling that fire by tweeting about it?

Let’s hope for his sake if he does buy the club he doesn’t wear sunglasses on a bright match day in August. Or make any statements that are too ambitious or not ambitious enough.
  • ButtleJR said:
    James Norwood due to be released from Ipswich, would anyone take him?
    No ……If we sign a striker from Ipswich it will be Pigott Who we tired to sign late in Jan window 
    hope not..
  • Maccn05 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    One one fan on Twitter adamant that CBT has strong interest from Barnsley.

Will say a lot if we sold to a L1 rival 
    One word there Twitter ….. 
    another one.....Barnsley!
    How you seen how wealthy their owners are … makes TS look like a pauper.

Let’s hope your right
    you’re 🫠
    Ah the classic CL punctuation put down… well done mate 👍🏼
    Sorry Mac…..don’t take offence, it’s just me being a bit anal rather than trying to be cocky….your and you’re, there, they’re and their being my particular problems.
    Of course, I make mistakes myself quite often (as many of us do) and would genuinely welcome them being pointed out to me so that I can improve my own spelling and grammar.
    It’s something which has improved immeasurably since I started posting on Charlton forums……though I’m still not up in the Grapevine league by a long shot.
    Isn’t a long shot an outsider in a betting market? I’m confused now. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Maccn05 said:
    jakecafc said:
    Mmmmm……I understand where you’re coming from jake but if all he is doing is gathering and collating data and passing that on then anyone with decent computer knowledge can do that…..I would assume?

He´s supposed to have been the person responsible for finding and bringing in Dobson to the extent of having to fight to fight against Adkins, who apparently wasnt keen on him. 

Now, we´re all happy with that as Dobson has been our main outstanding player this season but what we dont look at is the fact that Martin Sandgaard, while working in his role at Zynex in Colorado, had more of a say over a player signing than the then manager.

99.99999% Dobson was a Martin signing.  Adkins didn't want him, was talked it to it being worth a shot. Dobson found out Adkins didn't want him. 

Adkins might well have been wrong about that but it's no better than the early days of Roland.  You can't give managers players they don't want, then blame the manager. 
    Are you able to say who the other new signings/resigning were that Adkins didn't want?
  • edited May 2022
  • Scoham said:
    🚨 random Facebook rumour alert 🚨

We don't want rumours clogging up the er rumours thread  ;)

Top scorer in L2, available on a free. Naturally a few clubs will be looking at him, to see whether he has what it takes to step up to the next level
  • Scoham said:

Barclay singing a slightly different tune there.

Is he suggesting Charlton fans should get behind Sandgaard.
    Leslie Nielsen Nothing To See Here GIF - Leslie Nielsen Nothing To See Here  Disperse - Discover  Share GIFs
  • Sponsored links:

• Izzy Brown available on a free. Attacking midfielder and scored against us in the Championship when playing for Luton. Big lad and should be good at our level.
  • Scoham said:
    Very good player for them when fit though. 

Probably agent talk to get Oxford to offer him something, KR has said he wants him to stay.
  • Honestly think it would be madness to sign him whilst he is still recovering. Good player or not, you cant be signing players who are already injured.
  • edited May 2022
    Honestly think it would be madness to sign him whilst he is still recovering. Good player or not, you cant be signing players who are already injured.
    That is the Charlton way! Sign them injured, or sign them first and then injure them. 
  • Honestly think it would be madness to sign him whilst he is still recovering. Good player or not, you cant be signing players who are already injured.
    That's all our players isn't it?
  • Scoham said:
    Let Burton have him and go in for Joe Powell from them instead. 
  • too many rumours on this thread.
  • Sponsored links:

• Chunes said:
    Honestly think it would be madness to sign him whilst he is still recovering. Good player or not, you cant be signing players who are already injured.
    That is the Charlton way! Sign them injured, or sign them first and then injure them. 
    Well we usually go for these players just as they have recovered but to sign him with an ACL injury would be a first!
  • Heard that all but one of the U18s have been offered contracts.

Some like Kanu, Anderson and Elerewe we already know about.

My guess is Harvey, the goalkeeper, is the one to miss out but that is just a guess.  We do seem to have a lot of good keepers.
    In theory should mean we can expect a lot of u23s to be released. Would make sense given many around 19-22 are nowhere near the first team.

On Harvey believe he’s already pro so it won’t be him.
  • Scoham said:
    Heard that all but one of the U18s have been offered contracts.

My guess is Harvey, the goalkeeper, is the one to miss out but that is just a guess.  We do seem to have a lot of good keepers.
    In theory should mean we can expect a lot of u23s to be released. Would make sense given many around 19-22 are nowhere near the first team.

If he is already on a contract he maybe the one not listed as being offered one?
  • Telford would likely be a replacement for Washington.  Likely to be cheaper wages, he's younger, but only appears to have had 1 good season.

he's left footed so would compliment Stockers.  He can finish (bit of a poacher but has scored several from distance too) but is only 5'9" and doesn't appear to be lightning fast.  Jury very much out
  • Scoham said:

So much for my guess

Drew up this list of U23s  - All my own work : - )

U23 Development Squad
    Goalkeepers
    Nathan Harness Unknown  
    Nathan Harvey Unknown

Right Backs

Centre Backs
    Nazir Bakrin Unknown  
    Charlie Barker 2023
    Billy French 2022
    Lucas Ness 2022
    Harris O'Connor Unknown

Left Backs
    Samuel Oguntayo Unknown
    Jacob Roddy Unknown

Midfielders
    Terrell Agyemang Unknown
    Karoy Anderson 2024
    Jimmy Appiah Unknown
    Tyreece Campbell Unknown
    Richard Chin Unknown
    Charles Clayden Unknown
    Ben Dempsey Unknown  
    Ralfi Hand 2023  
    Aaron Henry 2023  
    Ryan Huke 2024
    Jeremy Santos Unknown
    Johl Powell Unknown
    James Vennings Unknown
    Euan Williams Unknown

Strikers
    Wassim Aouacheria (Has already announced he's leaving)
    Dylan Gavin Unknown (month loan to Billericay Town in the National League South)
    Hady Ghandour 2022
    Daniel Kanu 2024
    Ryan Viggars 2023

Samuel Oguntayo seems to have dropped off the planet after playing a lot of games pre-season at wing back.

A few others whose names haven't been seen much recently so as Appiah, Hand, Huke and French.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Maccn05 said:
    jakecafc said:

I don't know about it being like Roland. I'm ok with due diligence being done on the data and then a case being presented to the manager and a debate ensuing. You can't expect everyone to initially agree every time, and Adkins eventually did. The issue is that he then couldn't wait to drop Dobson, which made it all a bit pointless agreeing in the first place. Adkins dropped Dobson for Watson for an extended period, that in itself screams petulance more than sound judgment. Roland though had people turning up at the training ground that Powell hadn't even heard of saying they were expecting to play. Our major problem right now, apparently, is that we have a system the manager wants to play and a squad not capable of doing it. Data will be very useful in identifying the right profile of player, and from there the manager can have a look and assess their character. I don't think anyone can complain about the level of commitment we got from Dobson, in contrast to someone like Reza, so it feels like Dobson passed all the relevant checks. I would be concerned if Jackson gets landed with loads of players he thinks aren't the right fit, and his approach with Castillo and John worries me a bit, but ultimately we need the data and the management to work in tandem and something has to give in a deadlock. Does anyone know who Adkins thought was more suitable than Dobson?
    Watson started 5 games that Dobson didn't.  But he also picked Morgan, Clare, Arter and Gilbey at times a head of Dobson.

Anyway, that's almost irrelevant the point is it's not healthy having players who know the manager doesn't want them.  Who ever the player and manager are.

That can't happen this summer if we are going to rebuild in the manner we need to.  I think we can all agree on that.
  • Redrobo said:
    Scoham said:

If he is already on a contract he maybe the one not listed as being offered one?
    Pro and an u23 I should have said, he’s not been an u18 for a few years. Turns 20 this summer if Soccerbase etc is accurate (not alway the case for young players).
  • Swisdom said:
    Telford would likely be a replacement for Washington.  Likely to be cheaper wages, he's younger, but only appears to have had 1 good season.

he's left footed so would compliment Stockers.  He can finish (bit of a poacher but has scored several from distance too) but is only 5'9" and doesn't appear to be lightning fast.  Jury very much out
    We could have both

If we want to play 2 up top, then we need 4 senior strikers + youngsters like Kanu. We don't want to be relying on youngsters, thrown into the fray too soon because there's nobody else.