Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• We need a league one Djed Spence, proper modern right back that guy, similar to Dijksteel.
  • We need a league one Djed Spence, proper modern right back that guy, similar to Dijksteel.
    Full name King Diop Tehuti Djed-Hotep Spence!
  • Ferryman said:
    Washington has Nations League games with Northern Ireland in June, so will need a club at least in principle for insurance purposes. 
    He's under contract with Charlton until end of June
    Full name King Diop Tehuti Djed-Hotep Spence!
    That'll cost to have that on your shirt.
  • edited May 2022
    Leuth said:
    Oh cool, you found the chart that makes Gilbey look good
    Both Gilbey and Lee near the top end of the graph and Morgan not far behind! Unfortunately they are probably the lowest scoring trio in the quadrant…

Would like to be able to zoom in more on the green dots but it’s not my graph…

Scott Robertson, Massimo Luongo and Panutche Camara jump out at me of the greens (indicates more defensive duels and therefore can actually do both) while it’s hard to ignore Danny Mayor in the far top right doing an Aneke.
  • Leuth said:
    Thee most overrated player in our squad.  
    *Runs for cover
  • Leuth said:
    *Runs for cover
    I don't think he is any more. Everyone's caught on how bad he is by now 
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    *Runs for cover
    Curbs might disagree...
  • Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    *Runs for cover
    Curbs might disagree...
    I thought Curbs loved Lee?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    *Runs for cover
    Curbs might disagree...
    I thought Curbs loved Lee?
    Curbs is certainly a fan of Gilbey.
  • Hayden Carter, Ryan Broom and  James Trafford. 
  • Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    *Runs for cover
    Okay, well I thought this before it was cool.
  • Holy released by Ipswich. There is something about a GK who is over 8’ tall I like.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Hayden Carter, Ryan Broom and  James Trafford. 
    Don't know enough about Carter or Trafford but Broom started well for Plymouth and then his form dipped, Peterborough also want a fee for him.
    I'd like to think we can do better. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Hayden Carter, Ryan Broom and  James Trafford. 
    Don't know enough about Carter or Trafford but Broom started well for Plymouth and then his form dipped, Peterborough also want a fee for him.
    I'd like to think we can do better. 
    The quote of summer 2021

We didn't.

I don't know much about them at all only names I have heard.
  • He'd be a good squad player but we need better than what we already have not squad players.
  • Sponsored links:

• He'd be a good squad player but we need better than what we already have not squad players.
    I don't disagree with that at all, I didn't suggest we should or shouldn't sign him. 
  • Not rumours, but all these players would walk in to our xi. Wouldn't break the bank and would give us an excellent chance of promotion. No doubt there will be Championship interest in these players.

Michael Cooper(22) – Plymouth – Two Years – GK
    Fraser Horsfall(25) – Northampton Town - ? – CB
    Harry Darling(22) – MK Dons - ? – CB
    Kane Wilson(22) – Forest Green Rovers – One Year – Wingback
    Gavin Whyte(26) – Cardiff – One Year - MF
    Cole Stockton(29) – Morecambe – Available – Striker
  • edited May 2022
    Horsfall is out of contract this summer and would be a good addition. Not quite got the Ryan Inniss youth pedigree but would be available for 40+ games a year barring a freak injury and is a force in both boxes.

Two headed goals from corners back to back in this clip. Starts at 20 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BlFkQ7zwgw
  • The two centre backs I really like are Ross Sykes and Michael Nottingham of Accrington, I genuinely think Nottingham is the best centre back in the league but just getting on a bit. We certainly need two first choice centre backs for next season based on what we have 
  • edited May 2022
    The two centre backs I really like are Ross Sykes and Michael Nottingham of Accrington, I genuinely think Nottingham is the best centre back in the league but just getting on a bit. We certainly need two first choice centre backs for next season based on what we have 
    Ross Sykes would be a statement of intent but fully expecting him to be in the Championship next year. Not convinced by Nottingham personally, always felt he's liable with the ball at his feet.
  • I want Alfie May, he will definitely be a good fit for us and is what we need, I’d be happy come July 30th if our forwards were:

Stockley (Will hit 20 without a major injury)
    Aneke (Back up to Stockley/impact sub)
    Alfie May (Goal scorer, plays off Stockley)
    Washington (Back up/compete with May)
    Davison (Still young, very good loan spell)
    Kanu (Our prospect for the season)
    Not too fussed if we don't keep Davison - Got a feeling he doesnt want to stay either
  • Horsfall is out of contract this summer and would be a good addition. Not quite got the Ryan Inniss youth pedigree but would be available for 40+ games a year barring a freak injury and is a force in both boxes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BlFkQ7zwgw
    Horsfall will 100% be playing for a pedigree L1 or Champ team next season. The guy scored eight goals last season, Northants also had one of the best defensive records in L1, I'd actually take Jon Guthrie too, he had an excellent season. 

I want Alfie May, he will definitely be a good fit for us and is what we need, I’d be happy come July 30th if our forwards were:

Stockley (Will hit 20 without a major injury)
    Aneke (Back up to Stockley/impact sub)
    Alfie May (Goal scorer, plays off Stockley)
    Washington (Back up/compete with May)
    Davison (Still young, very good loan spell)
    Kanu (Our prospect for the season)
    Aflie May has had one good season in L1. He'll be 29 come next season, I just don't think it's the sort of player that TS will be looking to bring in. Such a shame we couldn't get Scott Twine in last season.
  • Horsfall is out of contract this summer and would be a good addition. Not quite got the Ryan Inniss youth pedigree but would be available for 40+ games a year barring a freak injury and is a force in both boxes.

Probably could have said the same about Sam Lavelle this time last year and we broke him in about 25 minutes