Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• edited May 2022
    If true, wonder if Forest would still want him if they went up?
  • Aaron McGowan from Northampton would be a good choice at RB, particularly if we revert to a back 4
  • edited May 2022
    Can’t see that being true. Would buy it moreso if it was a case of Forest waiting to see what division they’re in first. But to say we are definitely missing out to them in an implied two horse race...

He will have plenty of Championship interest I’m sure but they could’ve picked a more believable mid table club like Swansea or Bristol City.

I dunno. Story smells like bs to me.
  • Wasn’t claiming it was, just a name I haven’t seen mentioned yet.
  • I wonder if that Aaron Henry fella at Wealdstone could enhance our midfield next season.
  • How close to this position are we?

I wonder what he could have done with the right backing.........

https://www.banburycake.co.uk/sport/20121457.karl-robinson-draws-perfect-xis-ahead-summer-transfer-window/
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    How close to this position are we?

https://www.banburycake.co.uk/sport/20121457.karl-robinson-draws-perfect-xis-ahead-summer-transfer-window/
    He has deficiencies as a manager but he definitely can spot a footballer and he is certainly a long haul manager . Maybe he’s learnt some tactical flexibility as he’s got older 
  • Sponsored links:

• wmcf123 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

He has deficiencies as a manager but he definitely can spot a footballer and he is certainly a long haul manager . Maybe he’s learnt some tactical flexibility as he’s got older 
    He is only about 18 months older than Jackson.

Anyway Corey Smith......
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Anyway Corey Smith......
    At 31 Corey Smith sounds far too old 😉 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Anyway Corey Smith......
    Yes I’m aware of that ; he’s also managed for over a decade .  Good to see that some of them learn . 
  • Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Anyway Corey Smith......
    At 31 Corey Smith sounds far too old 😉 
    Would be a good signing if we were going for a Manning type manager.  
  • A youngster on loan from Premier League we should be keeping an eye on, CJ Egan-Riley. Manchester City centre back who has captained their U23 side throughout the season and is now starting to be involved in their squad. Only made a couple of appearances, one in the cup against Wycombe.

Centre back who can play right back so would be comfortable in the right centre back position if we continue with back 3/5.

Just another name of young players we should be keeping tabs on. 
  • Sage said:
    A youngster on loan from Premier League we should be keeping an eye on, CJ Egan-Riley. Manchester City centre back who has captained their U23 side throughout the season and is now starting to be involved in their squad. Only made a couple of appearances, one in the cup against Wycombe.

Centre back who can play right back so would be comfortable in the right centre back position if we continue with back 3/5.

Just come on against Newcastle. 
  • Sage said:
    Sage said:
    A youngster on loan from Premier League we should be keeping an eye on, CJ Egan-Riley. Manchester City centre back who has captained their U23 side throughout the season and is now starting to be involved in their squad. Only made a couple of appearances, one in the cup against Wycombe.

Just come on against Newcastle. 
    Do you think a championship club would be likely to have a punt on him? 

As someone slightly naive to football outside of Charlton, I don’t know if championship clubs tend to want to loan centre backs or would rather prefer a to use that market for a more attacking option. 

• We’d be foolish not to ask but I wouldn’t be at all shocked if he ends up in the Championship.

Here are the defenders Man City have had out on loan this season:

Taylor Harwood-Bellis (at Stoke)
    Finley Burns (at Swansea)
    Yan Couto (at Braga)
    Yeboah Amankwah (at Accrington)
    Oscar Tarensi (at Girona)
    Callum Doyle (at Sunderland)
    Kleivurth Aguilar (at Lommel)
    Nahuel Ferraresi (at Estoril Praia)
    Ko Itakura (at Schalke)
    Issa Kabore (at Troyes)
    Pedro Porro (at Sporting Lisbon)

• We’d be foolish not to ask but I wouldn’t be at all shocked if he ends up in the Championship.

Here are the defenders Man City have had out on loan this season:

Taylor Harwood-Bellis (at Stoke)
    Finley Burns (at Swansea)
    Yan Couto (at Braga)
    Yeboah Amankwah (at Accrington)
    Oscar Tarensi (at Girona)
    Callum Doyle (at Sunderland)
    Kleivurth Aguilar (at Lommel)
    Nahuel Ferraresi (at Estoril Praia)
    Ko Itakura (at Schalke)
    Issa Kabore (at Troyes)
    Pedro Porro (at Sporting Lisbon)

Interesting. Callum Doyle has played 36 odd games for Sunderland this season, though he didn’t seem to have played for City’s first team before going on loan there. 

Egan-Riley sounds like he would definitely be a quality loan for us in a position where we really need quality. But can’t help but think he may be loaned out to a higher level. 
  • Sage said:

If Guardiola feels he's good enough to be making their bench regularly, and in fact came on as a sub today, there's no way he's dropping down to league one. He'll get a championship loan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just a suggestion and would probably be a bit if statement if we were to go for him. There have been some very good young players go on loan from Man City the last year or two. Portsmouth’s keeper one of them at this level.

I think if we get in a manager who wants to play good football and we showed a keen interest, you never know. Unlikely, but you never know.

Guess he is also likely to be involved more often now they have Walker, Stones, and Dias out for the rest of the season.
  • DA9 said:
    Tom Huddlestone leaving Hull, 35, and would still do a job in L1 IMO 
    Made 4 starts this season and another 8 appearances off the bench. No doubt there are some older players who have plenty to offer but that doesn't suggest he's one of them.

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=33696&season_id=154

• edited May 2022

Scoham said:
    DA9 said:
    Tom Huddlestone leaving Hull, 35, and would still do a job in L1 IMO 
    Made 4 starts this season and another 8 appearances off the bench. No doubt there are some older players who have plenty to offer but that doesn't suggest he's one of them.

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=33696&season_id=154

We need to badly replace Ben Watson
    Corrected for you. ;)
  • edited May 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I know people aren't keen on older players but have we actually got anyone left over 30?

You really do need a couple of senior pros.  The trick is getting the right one. 
    Oldest player under contract is 29 which is the keeper. Stockley and Aneke, 28
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I know people aren't keen on older players but have we actually got anyone left over 30?

You really do need a couple of senior pros.  The trick is getting the right one. 
    Would hope we are looking for an experienced centre back. Pearce leaving is the right call I think but we usually looked better with him in the defence and I think that was more to do with his experience/organisation than his ability 
  • Sage said:
    Just a suggestion and would probably be a bit if statement if we were to go for him. There have been some very good young players go on loan from Man City the last year or two. Portsmouth’s keeper one of them at this level.

I think if we get in a manager who wants to play good football and we showed a keen interest, you never know. Unlikely, but you never know.

Guess he is also likely to be involved more often now they have Walker, Stones, and Dias out for the rest of the season.
    That would also depend on how the new manager wants to play

With Bazunu, Pompey wanted a keeper with better feet than Craig McG, to pass from back more. City meanwhile probably wouldn't have sent him to a side who wanted to kick it long.

Interesting that they had a defender out on loan at Accrington. Either they don't see him as a major prospect, or maybe they thought he needed "toughening up"