Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• edited May 2022
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    Great, now every day that goes past someone will moan that Bolton started making signings in early May.
    And we'll be right to moan because whatever we think about Adkins/Bowyer/Jackson it's clear that our recruitment has been left too late and had a lasting affect due to missing out on best players, signing players with no pre-season etc
    Agree if it happens again, but we can’t properly judge until we see how it goes in May and into June.

Even in Powell’s title winning season we didn’t start making signings until late May.
    So we can start panicking at the end of next week? 
    Some probably will, even if we make a few signings no doubt they’ll be the wrong position or the wrong player…
  • Peterborough have made Jorge Grant available for transfer. Also Christy Pym, Mark Beevers, Idris Kanu and Ryan Broom.

No real idea how Grant did this season in the Championship? But he was pivotal as part of Lincoln's play-off team...
    26-games | 2-goals | 3-assists...

Is he not too similar to Scott Fraser though if your going to play one of them behind a front two?

Of course we cant rely on Fraser for 100% games, but I cant see Grant happy to be a backup
  • edited May 2022
    Peterborough have made Jorge Grant available for transfer. Also Christy Pym, Mark Beevers, Idris Kanu and Ryan Broom.

No real idea how Grant did this season in the Championship? But he was pivotal as part of Lincoln's play-off team...
    26-games | 2-goals | 3-assists...

Is he not too similar to Scott Fraser though if your going to play one of them behind a front two?

Of course we cant rely on Fraser for 100% games, but I cant see Grant happy to be a backup
    Not sure they’d fill the same role - Jorge Grant is a bit more all action rather than an out and out attacking midfielder. For me, he’d fit nicely into a three with Dobson and Fraser, displacing Gilbey. A good set piece taker as well.

Here’s his heat map from his season at Lincoln.

Fraser’s map from the same season for comparison.

• edited May 2022
    Cheers Callum, do you have the heat maps for Gilbey and Morgan
  • Cheers Callum, do you have the heat maps for Gilbey and Morgan
    21/22 Gilbey

20/21 Gilbey

21/22 Morgan

20/21 Morgan

• Cheers Callum, do you have the heat maps for Gilbey and Morgan
    21/22 Gilbey

20/21 Gilbey

21/22 Morgan

20/21 Morgan

Really shows how JJ asked his two CMs to drift wide. And some said we had no pattern of play 😉 what they meant was we didn’t have an effective one.
  • Jorge Grant would be an excellent move , those heat maps are really interesting Callum! 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Jorge Grant would be an excellent move , those heat maps are really interesting Callum! 
    I agree, its really good of him to volunteer these whenever we get linked with someone going forward, so we can compare them with the players we had last season - Thanks Callum!! ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• MarcusH26 said:
    Jorge Grant would be an excellent move , those heat maps are really interesting Callum! 
    I agree, its really good of him to volunteer these whenever we get linked with someone going forward, so we can compare them with the players we had last season - Thanks Callum!! ;)
    They look like a bad case of the shits 
  • shirty5 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    They look like a bad case of the shits 
    They do actually, they bring back fond memories for me this time last year!!
  • edited May 2022
    Scoham said:
    Cheers Callum, do you have the heat maps for Gilbey and Morgan
    21/22 Gilbey

20/21 Gilbey

21/22 Morgan

20/21 Morgan

Really shows how JJ asked his two CMs to drift wide. And some said we had no pattern of play 😉 what they meant was we didn’t have an effective one.
    Yeah it’s something I was mentioning in the match thread, and felt like it was getting worse towards the back end of the season. I can’t remember which game it was in particular but there was one where we continuously ended up with 3/4 players in the left corner of the pitch 

And you wonder why other teams managed to cut straight through the centre of us easily on the turn over of play. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Stockley to Wigan 
    Dobson to Millwall 
    Boyle not coming here. 
    Well that's cheered me up, cheers pal
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Stockley to Wigan 
    Dobson to Millwall 
    Boyle not coming here. 
    He wasn’t that good anyway
  • Tom Barkhuizen released by Preston. Thought he looked a tidy player when we played them in 19/20.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Stockley to Wigan 
    Dobson to Millwall 
    Boyle not coming here. 
    TS clearly upset that she's a better singer
  • All those heat maps show you is a player was in a certain area of the pitch more often than another, They don't show if they did anything useful while there. For all we know, half the time they were just chasing down an opposition player trying to make up for giving the ball away cheaply, or booting yet another misplaced pass out for a throw in.
  • Sponsored links:

• I was a bit surprised that Iredale went to Bolton. They already have Declan John,so now they have two good left backs.
  • Richard J said:
    I was a bit surprised that Iredale went to Bolton. They already have Declan John,so now they have two good left backs.
    Unless Declan John is on the way... We seem to be one of the few stupid Football clubs that sell before we buy.
  • Richard J said:
    I was a bit surprised that Iredale went to Bolton. They already have Declan John,so now they have two good left backs.
    Iredale can play CB as well so I would guess Bolton will use him on the left of their 3 as everyone is playing 3 at the back 
  • All those heat maps show you is a player was in a certain area of the pitch more often than another, They don't show if they did anything useful while there. For all we know, half the time they were just chasing down an opposition player trying to make up for giving the ball away cheaply, or booting yet another misplaced pass out for a throw in.
    We know that, we’ve all seen Gilbey play.
  • Richard J said:
    Unless Declan John is on the way... We seem to be one of the few stupid Football clubs that sell before we buy.
    Oh Declan John another of the (dont want them we can do so much better) class of 2021.  It was a bumper crop. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I know people aren't keen on older players but have we actually got anyone left over 30?

You really do need a couple of senior pros.  The trick is getting the right one. 
    BRING ME DARREN PRATLEY
    I have visions of you typing that whist singing along to morcambe and wise - bring me sunshine.
  • Speaking of young PL players on loan - I presume we can rule out getting anyone from spurs after the Nile John debacle. What the hell was that all about?
  • jams said:
    Speaking of young PL players on loan - I presume we can rule out getting anyone from spurs after the Nile John debacle. What the hell was that all about?
    Jackson probably absorbs most of the blame for him not playing so can’t see it being too much of a problem. Depends on who the new manager is and if they’ve got a good rep for developing young players. If we got Michael Appleton for example we’d probably have the pick of the PL loans as he did a good job developing them at Lincoln 
  • Nile John for sure is a total mystery. I cant see Powell recommending him and taking the time to actually deliver him to the club if he didnt think he would be good for us. Just weird from all angles 
  • Peterborough have made Jorge Grant available for transfer. Also Christy Pym, Mark Beevers, Idris Kanu and Ryan Broom.

Full Posh released and retained list.

https://www.theposh.com/news/posh-confirm-retained-list

retained