Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Wont be surprised if Blackpool make a fresh offer for him.

Bet this is their way of saying... "Nah thanks, we dont think he's worth the £500k we agreed prior to the loan"
    Yep, let the negotiation begin.

He's still our player regardless until a deal is agreed  both with us and Kirk himself.

Doubt he'll be unhappy  to stay up north or us to have few hundred grand and wages freed up to spend elsewhere.

Just hope we're not reliant on that possible money to fund our summer shopping.
  • I hope they don't go back in for him. He's not pulled up trees at Championship level but he didn't look totally out of place by all accounts and depending on how we play we might be able to get a lot from him. If we get in a marauding left back and plan to play to Kirk's strengths then there's a lot of assists to be mined from him. I think he'll probably consider his time with us done, but I hope we give him a chance.
  • Maybe a new manager will get something out of him, worth a go I guess but I won't be holding my breath. He was truly dreadful for us last season, I don't really understand how you can be that bad for a professional footballer. 
  • Ethan Robson is released. He started the season at MKD on loan and did well. 

I notice that ex Donny left back Reece James hasn't played much in his season there. Could we try to swap Kirk for him? 
  • The Gills left back looked half decent when we played them. Like the Aldi version of Danny Rose. Anyone know anything about him? 
  • Billy_Mix said:
    Chunes said:
    Has to be a WUM Marquis was dog shit 3 years ago
    he’s now 3 years older and stale dog shit

IF sandgaard signs the shit andy carroll he’ll have an uprising on his hands

Wasn’t pete burns the vocalist front person for 80’s pop manglers Dead or Alive who got his face disfigured with cows arse? 
    If this is the quality of his ahem journalism he shoulda stuck to pap music
    Did he not sign for Lincoln 
    Believe he went there on loan.
  • Chunes said:
    Doesn’t exactly suit a high press either 
  • Sponsored links:

• I wonder how many new players will be brought in and out of contract players offered new contracts before he offers a contract to a new manager. I hope zero but feared that will not be the case.
  • RC_CAFC said:
    DA9 said:
    We may or may not see him again. But if we do, it’s a clean slate for me. Had such a traumatic time last summer and came into a side doing terribly. There’s a clear player there so fingers crossed we get to see it. 👍
    Agreed, in a different formation with a manager who knows how and where to play him, he might actually do well. If i was the new manager coming in i'd be looking at his time at Crewe and telling myself he's clearly not a bad player, then sitting down with him 1 to 1 and asking if he's up for staying and fighting for a place or if he wants to move back north.

At the very least i'd hope the new manager waits and sees him in a couple of pre-season friendlies before deciding what to do with him.
  • Scoham said:
    Chunes said:
    3 followers and would be a third big striker while we have no manager. Not happening.
    To replace Wigan bound Stockley?
  • I hope they don't go back in for him. He's not pulled up trees at Championship level but he didn't look totally out of place by all accounts and depending on how we play we might be able to get a lot from him. If we get in a marauding left back and plan to play to Kirk's strengths then there's a lot of assists to be mined from him. I think he'll probably consider his time with us done, but I hope we give him a chance.
    It all depends on if there is a Kirk shaped hole that needs filling. 

Is he so good that you would build a system with him as a key part?  I don't think so but if the managers system has a suitable role for him he is probably worth sticking with. 
  • edited May 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I hope they don't go back in for him. He's not pulled up trees at Championship level but he didn't look totally out of place by all accounts and depending on how we play we might be able to get a lot from him. If we get in a marauding left back and plan to play to Kirk's strengths then there's a lot of assists to be mined from him. I think he'll probably consider his time with us done, but I hope we give him a chance.

Is he so good that you would build a system with him as a key part?  I don't think so but if the managers system has a suitable role for him he is probably worth sticking with. 
    Doesn’t he play on the left, like CBT?

Not sure he’d start over Corey whatever system we play. Back up, maybe?
  • JamesSeed said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I hope they don't go back in for him. He's not pulled up trees at Championship level but he didn't look totally out of place by all accounts and depending on how we play we might be able to get a lot from him. If we get in a marauding left back and plan to play to Kirk's strengths then there's a lot of assists to be mined from him. I think he'll probably consider his time with us done, but I hope we give him a chance.

Exactly, he plays in exactly the same position as CBT but plays in a completely different way.  You couldn't just swap them in and out, keep everything else the same and expect it to work. 

Pratley and Pirlo played in the same position....... 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Exactly, he plays in exactly the same position as CBT but plays in a completely different way.  You couldn't just swap them in and out, keep everything else the same and expect it to work. 

Pratley and Pirlo played in the same position....... 
    Oh god, don't
  •  I think it’s likely we go back to a 4-3-3 so having CBT, Kirk, DJ and then one other (ideally left footed) would be a decent 4 options if the Kirk we get is the one we thought we were getting last year 
  • Fraser and Kirk together on the left could be what gets both of them going. I do think we would need a good, quick, attacking left back for that to work. CBT can play on the right as well which might work out better as his finishing isn’t great 
  • Ferryman said:
    Scoham said:
    Chunes said:
    3 followers and would be a third big striker while we have no manager. Not happening.
    To replace Wigan bound Stockley?

Would be happy if he was replaced with Stockton
  • Sponsored links:

• Marquis had a couple of seasons at Doncaster but has struggled since , can’t see how he is a free transfer if he only signed for Lincoln In January though :)
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Marquis had a couple of seasons at Doncaster but has struggled since , can’t see how he is a free transfer if he only signed for Lincoln In January though :)
    he could have been released from his contract. 
  • Call me a mad adventurous fool but with the right players around them CBT could be the forward thinking overlapping fullback Kirk needs.

Although we may end conceding she'd loads it would be fun.
  • cfgs said:
    Call me a mad adventurous fool but with the right players around them CBT could be the forward thinking overlapping fullback Kirk needs.

Wouldn't you want a left footed player on that side somewhere? 
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Marquis had a couple of seasons at Doncaster but has struggled since , can’t see how he is a free transfer if he only signed for Lincoln In January though :)
    Dazzler21 said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    he could have been released from his contract. 
    It was only a deal until the end of the season
  • cfgs said:
    Call me a mad adventurous fool but with the right players around them CBT could be the forward thinking overlapping fullback Kirk needs.

He's not a fullback. 
  • J BLOCK said:
    cfgs said:

He's not a fullback. 
    No but Kirk did extremely well at Crewe, when he had Harry Pickering (a Full-Back) going beyond him.

Similar partnership to the one we'd see from Wiggins / Jackson
  • J BLOCK said:
    cfgs said:

He's not a fullback. 
    No but Kirk did extremely well at Crewe, when he had Harry Pickering (a Full-Back) going beyond him.

Yes, but in order for that to work, we need a good full back. 
  • edited May 2022
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    cfgs said:

He's not a fullback. 

If we're going back to 4-3-3 (if Kirk is coming back), then hopefully we're looking for one.

Kirk | CBT | DJ etc. can then focus on being actual wingers for once.
  • J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    cfgs said:

He's not a fullback. 

If we're going back to 4-3-3 (if Kirk is coming back), then hopefully we're looking for one.

Kirk | CBT | DJ etc. can then focus on being actual wingers for once.
    Agreed, I think they're good enough, if played in the right system.