Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Leuth said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I hope they don't go back in for him. He's not pulled up trees at Championship level but he didn't look totally out of place by all accounts and depending on how we play we might be able to get a lot from him. If we get in a marauding left back and plan to play to Kirk's strengths then there's a lot of assists to be mined from him. I think he'll probably consider his time with us done, but I hope we give him a chance.
    It all depends on if there is a Kirk shaped hole that needs filling. 

Is he so good that you would build a system with him as a key part?  I don't think so but if the managers system has a suitable role for him he is probably worth sticking with. 
    Doesn’t he play on the left, like CBT?

Not sure he’d start over Corey whatever system we play. Back up, maybe?
    Exactly, he plays in exactly the same position as CBT but plays in a completely different way.  You couldn't just swap them in and out, keep everything else the same and expect it to work. 

Pratley and Pirlo played in the same position....... 
    Oh god, don't
    Yeh well, one of them is still playing and the other one gave up. Useless! ;)
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I hope they don't go back in for him. He's not pulled up trees at Championship level but he didn't look totally out of place by all accounts and depending on how we play we might be able to get a lot from him. If we get in a marauding left back and plan to play to Kirk's strengths then there's a lot of assists to be mined from him. I think he'll probably consider his time with us done, but I hope we give him a chance.
    It all depends on if there is a Kirk shaped hole that needs filling. 

Is he so good that you would build a system with him as a key part?  I don't think so but if the managers system has a suitable role for him he is probably worth sticking with. 
    Doesn’t he play on the left, like CBT?

Not sure he’d start over Corey whatever system we play. Back up, maybe?
    Exactly, he plays in exactly the same position as CBT but plays in a completely different way.  You couldn't just swap them in and out, keep everything else the same and expect it to work. 

Pratley and Pirlo played in the same position....... 
    Toss up between those two. 
  • NabySarr said:
     I think it’s likely we go back to a 4-3-3 so having CBT, Kirk, DJ and then one other (ideally left footed) would be a decent 4 options if the Kirk we get is the one we thought we were getting last year 
    We won't if our striking options are Stockley and Aneke; neither can play up front on their own, particularly with the midfield options we have.  
  • Maybe a new manager will get something out of him, worth a go I guess but I won't be holding my breath. He was truly dreadful for us last season, I don't really understand how you can be that bad for a professional footballer. 
    You realise his dad passed away just as he joined and uprooted every aspect of his life. 

Might have had something to do with it. 
  • wmcf123 said:
    NabySarr said:
     I think it’s likely we go back to a 4-3-3 so having CBT, Kirk, DJ and then one other (ideally left footed) would be a decent 4 options if the Kirk we get is the one we thought we were getting last year 
    We won't if our striking options are Stockley and Aneke; neither can play up front on their own, particularly with the midfield options we have.  
    I think Aneke can, he has the all round game for it but he’s only going to be coming off the bench anyway. 

Stockley is much better in a front 2. But still at the back end of last season he played on his own and we did well so it is possible. Ideally if we are going to 4-3-3 we sign a new striker to start and then stockley and Aneke on the bench. 

I think our choices are 3-5-2, which gets the best out of stockley and Washington (if we keep) or we go to 4-3-3 for the best out of CBT, Kirk, DJ. Can’t see us doing anything else as we need to get Fraser in his best position which means a midfield 3. 
  • Chunes said:
    This was always going to happen. Blackpool want him, they're just trying to get a cut price deal.

For me, it's 500k. That's the fee agreed. Put up or back off.
    Not quite as simple. If Kirk wants to move back north permanently then having an unhappy player isn’t the best. 
  • Dom Ball released by QPR could be a decent shout - plays CB and could also cover Dobson.
  • Sponsored links:

• Posters elsewhere saying the marquis deal is actually true, despite the Twitter bullshit
  • God, I hope not.
  • one saying that its true is BexleyBoy/Ronnie Moore, so there is hope that its bullshit.
  • Marquis would be such a jack of all trades, master of none, mid-table League One bollocks signing.

He's not terrible, but neither is he very good.  Would be worrying if that's the level of player we're going for.
  •  Marquis in Conor out I've heard. Clueless Muppets running this club if true.
    Not really like for like - is Stockley on his way too?
  • edited May 2022
    If we replace Washington and or Stockley with Marquis I'll be fuming. 

If we signed Marquis to be Stockley's alt I wouldn't be overly or underly whelmed.

Edit:  Why even bother.....

• Sounds like complete nonsense to me.

The lad gets so much stick every time I've seen him at The Valley since the playoff vs Donny. He was giving plenty back the last time he came down here too. He's a Millwall lad at the end of the day, so there's no love lost there.

He'd add nothing to the squad, imo.
  • edited May 2022
    Innis, Davison, Harness all have an extra year and Pearce offered an academy coaching role. Purrington still in talks

• Sponsored links:

• Good news. Now sack Gilbs.
  • edited May 2022
    JFC staying (good)
    Matthews going (good)
    Washington going (not too bothered though would have probably kept him)
    Inniss staying (Meh).

Purrington not confirmed either way, suspect he'll stay.
  • Would've kept Washington but not devastated. Shifted a lot of shite out of the club which is a positive! 
  • Would've kept Washington but not devastated. Shifted a lot of shite out of the club which is a positive! 
    Yeah I'm glad we haven't kept Matthews, Henderson etc.

Wouldn't have bothered keeping Inniss given how often he plays, either.

Purrington I wouldn't have done if we'd kept Jacko and 352, but maybe if we might switch back to 4 at the back - he's good enough to be one of 2 left back choices.
  • We've renewed Inniss!?
  • Not too fussed about renewing the deals for Forster-Caskey | Purrington, good decisions I think

Even if its to keep the latter around as a backup Left-Back, we do need to find better as his performances have gone downhill now - Josh Davison, am disappointed, he'll take up a slot because of his age, I'd have moved him on.

Ryan Inniss is the one I'm disappointed with the most though.

His injury record speaks for itself - His attitude @ Wimbledon was just ridiculous
  • I make that 13 players out including Pearce, 14 if Purringtinho goes.

Lots to do. 
  • thenewbie said:
    I make that 13 players out including Pearce, 14 if Purringtinho goes.

Lots to do. 
    I make it 12-players remaining (not including the Goalkeepers) at present

Dobson | DJ | Forster-Caskey | Stockley | Morgan | Gilbey | Lavelle | Kirk | Fraser | Aneke | CBT | Clare

If Inniss | Davison | Purrington stay, that takes us up to 15-players

It means that we can sign a maximum of 5 outfield players over the age of 21, at the moment at least.