Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• thenewbie said:
    I make that 13 players out including Pearce, 14 if Purringtinho goes.

Lots to do. 
    I make it 12-players remaining (not including the Goalkeepers) at present

Dobson | DJ | Forster-Caskey | Stockley | Morgan | Gilbey | Lavelle | Kirk | Fraser | Aneke | CBT | Clare

If Inniss | Davison | Purrington stay, that takes us up to 15-players

It means that we can sign a maximum of 5 outfield players over the age of 21, at the moment at least.
    Anyone makes an offer, we can take DJ, Morgan, Gilbey, Kirk off that list, hoping they're all in the shop window. 
  • Jonniesta said:
    thenewbie said:
    I make that 13 players out including Pearce, 14 if Purringtinho goes.

Lots to do. 
    I make it 12-players remaining (not including the Goalkeepers) at present

Dobson | DJ | Forster-Caskey | Stockley | Morgan | Gilbey | Lavelle | Kirk | Fraser | Aneke | CBT | Clare

If Inniss | Davison | Purrington stay, that takes us up to 15-players

It means that we can sign a maximum of 5 outfield players over the age of 21, at the moment at least.
    Anyone makes an offer, we can take DJ, Morgan, Gilbey, Kirk off that list, hoping they're all in the shop window. 
    Yeah given the Kirk comments in the SLP today, I'd be surprised if he isnt a Blackpool player come next season.
  • But with no coaching or management team in place, who the hell is making these decisions?
  • Addick_8 said:
    How have a 2x tweets from:
    1) Account that was created today
    2) An Account with 0 followers

Got so much attention? 
    People on here are just begging to get angry
  • But with no coaching or management team in place, who the hell is making these decisions?
    The same person/people that made them when we had management in place probably.
  • I know from the late Dr Kish that Marquis was a target when we went up but Roland wouldn't stump up the dosh and he went to Pompey.

I know this is an unpopular view but personally I think he is a reasonable striker at this level to rotate with Stockley. I would like to see Aneke as a number 10 option which I believe is his natural position.

Has Davison been triggered to ensure we get a fee or because we want him? 

Sad about Matthews and Washington. We need someone to replace Connor. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    If we replace Washington and or Stockley with Marquis I'll be fuming. 

If we signed Marquis to be Stockley's alt I wouldn't be overly or underly whelmed.

Edit:  Why even bother.....

Zero followers
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    If we replace Washington and or Stockley with Marquis I'll be fuming. 

If we signed Marquis to be Stockley's alt I wouldn't be overly or underly whelmed.

Edit:  Why even bother.....

Zero followers
    Thanks for pointing that out...... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Innis, Davison, Harness all have an extra year and Pearce offered an academy coaching role. Purrington still in talks

John is actually a Nigel, which makes signing him even more unbearable! West Wickham lad, once shared a smoke with him on a night out in Beckenham 😆 
  • edited May 2022
  • ButtleJR said:
    how about Rarmani Edmonds-Green? Centre-half from Peckham, contract due to expire at Huddersfield. Spent this season at Rotherham on loan. 
    Too good for us. Rotherham fans really like him and want him for the Championship, whereas Huddersfield fans want him to stay if they don’t go up. 
  • ButtleJR said:
    how about Rarmani Edmonds-Green? Centre-half from Peckham, contract due to expire at Huddersfield. Spent this season at Rotherham on loan. 
    Signed a new contract in January
  • ButtleJR said:
    Oh, thanks for clarifying. Where I looked it said it was due to expire. 
  • I put on the Washington thread that I know we’re after Aiden O’Brien so that could be why we’ve released Connor. Marquis would fit the brief but I just can’t seeing it working out. Fans would be on his back from the get go.
  • ButtleJR said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Oh, thanks for clarifying. Where I looked it said it was due to expire. 
    Mate is a fan and was talking about him last week. Mentioned he got a new deal but might join Rotherham on a permanent basis. 
  • Marquis would be such a jack of all trades, master of none, mid-table League One bollocks signing.

He's not terrible, but neither is he very good.  Would be worrying if that's the level of player we're going for.
    I can’t wait for the long diagonals to Stockley and him, with Chuks on as the direct option 
  • I put on the Washington thread that I know we’re after Aiden O’Brien so that could be why we’ve released Connor. Marquis would fit the brief but I just can’t seeing it working out. Fans would be on his back from the get go.
    Good news if you are into your horse racing. 
  • wmcf123 said:
    Marquis would be such a jack of all trades, master of none, mid-table League One bollocks signing.

He's not terrible, but neither is he very good.  Would be worrying if that's the level of player we're going for.
    I can’t wait for the long diagonals to Stockley and him, with Chuks on as the direct option 
    Stockley won't be there...
  • Sponsored links:

• redbuttle said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Marquis would be such a jack of all trades, master of none, mid-table League One bollocks signing.

Stockley won't be there...
    I think we are stuffed 
  • Sorry if I've missed it but what's the basis for stockley to Wigan ?
  • Was just about to post that myself. Interesting they mention it’s their transfer strategy (selling players who refuse to sign new deals when they have a year left). Believe Peterborough have been doing the same for years.
  • I certainly wouldn't be too upset if we signed Marquis.

Assuming Stockley and Aneke are the main men, Marquis who has in the last 7 seasons amassed 94 goals in 262 games is surely not a bad back up option? 

•  Marquis in Conor out I've heard. Clueless Muppets running this club if true.
    Well you got one put of two right. Let's see what happens with the other prediction. 
  • Can’t see us signing anyone without a manager.