Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• RedJohn said:
    one saying that its true is BexleyBoy/Ronnie Moore, so there is hope that its bullshit.
    In correct I said IF it’s true … but given the Twitter account it looks rubbish 
    You are talking bullshit again, i will quote you from your Bexleyboy account today, see below.

Marquis is true .. would get out this league he still a very good league one striker not sure he a championship striker … Kirk hope he stays to good a player to let go and under a diff manager playing the right system will prove the player we know he is

• jams said:
    Sorry if I've missed it but what's the basis for stockley to Wigan ?
    Stockley not going .. not sure where them stories have come from 
    Nailed on now then 🙄🙄
  • edited May 2022
    redbuttle said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Marquis would be such a jack of all trades, master of none, mid-table League One bollocks signing.

He's not terrible, but neither is he very good.  Would be worrying if that's the level of player we're going for.
    I can’t wait for the long diagonals to Stockley and him, with Chuks on as the direct option 
    Stockley won't be there...

@redbuttle I'm intrigued by you keep saying this. Someone should tell Jayden because he was planning to finish his career at Cafc.
    Has JR been on social media to Thomas Sandgaard or are you just saying that because TS wants a high press and that isn't idea for Stockley.

100% Jayden Stockley doesn't want to go up North.
  • edited May 2022
    Leuth said:
    You joke, but that was Ryan Inniss' exact heat map for Wimbledon away

Did they ever find the lad that Ryan Inniss caught in mid air ? Somebody said he ended up on centre court ?  
  • Leuth said:
    Do players ever sign for managerless clubs?

Ask Ryan Inniss and JFC
    The club invoked their one year option on both, so the players effectively had no choice in the matter. My understanding is that JFC is less than happy about this as he wanted out.
  • Leuth said:

Ask Ryan Inniss and JFC
    The club invoked their one year option on both, so the players effectively had no choice in the matter. My understanding is that JFC is less than happy about this as he wanted out.

Forster-Caskey, who joined the Addicks in January 2017, was the club’s Player of the Year for the 2020/2021 season and explained how pleased he was to see his stay at The Valley extended.

He said: "I'm delighted to be staying. It's an exciting time for the club and I can't wait to get going. I believe it is going to be a great season."
  • Leuth said:

Ask Ryan Inniss and JFC
    Not what JFC was saying earlier  though..
    What did you expect him to say in an official interview? "I am properly pissed off as I am keen to move on and have made that fact known"

I can assure you he was very keen to leave.
  • I will ask JFC to his face,he lives local to me or call in to Nicky Forster's office in Caterham.

The world has gone stark staring bonkers.
    I really thought we had cracked it when the shit house Southall etc was booted out but the fan/critic base has been damaged beyond belief with a hundred factions with different stories. 
  • Jesus, this is going to be a late night while I read about UEO in football.

Unilateral Extension Options in football contracts.
  • I will ask JFC to his face,he lives local to me or call in to Nicky Forster's office in Caterham.

The world has gone stark staring bonkers.
    I really thought we had cracked it when the shit house Southall etc was booted out but the fan/critic base has been damaged beyond belief with a hundred factions with different stories. 
    Not near to Birchwood Rd by any chance? I am certain I saw JFC pulling out of a cul-de-sac up that way the other day. If not, he has a doppelgänger!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2022
    ButtleJR said:
    Imagine he wants a championship move and he will get it, more than likely to one of the newly promoted sides or Preston to link back up with Lowe. 

I’d jizz in my Y fronts if we signed him, the most complete midfielder in league one
  • Swisdom said:
    strange that JFC was being hawked around like mad just before his ACL injury but as soon as it happened he”expected the club “to do the right thing”

then, he got playing again and decided he wants to go again despite us picking up his tab for the last year

JFC owes us a year!
    I have no idea if he was looking to go before his injury or not but you are 100% correct saying he owes us a year. The club did the right thing and stood by him last year which was the only option imo now the right thing for him to do is pay that back.
  • Swisdom said:
    strange that JFC was being hawked around like mad just before his ACL injury but as soon as it happened he”expected the club “to do the right thing”

then, he got playing again and decided he wants to go again despite us picking up his tab for the last year

JFC owes us a year!
    I am delighted he is staying, for now.  I still think he is our best midfielder, certainly our most versatile one, including Dobson and Fraser.

We didn't really have a choice about giving him a contract last summer, if we hadn't it would have proved all the Lyle Taylors right.

It's strange that he didn't get more game time, even of it was for the u23s at the end of the season, I thought it might be to avoid giving him a contract.  Maybe it effected the value of said extension?

Despite what he has said and the fact he has signed/had it triggered I wouldn't be surprised if still left.  I got laughed at for saying it before but I still think he will be a championship player before we are promoted.

• I think there’s less than 1% chance we could pull off signing Camara, he was one of the best players in the league last year. But if there is even a glimmer, he’d be the signing of the summer for any league one club and worth pushing the boat out for. Dobson, Fraser and Camara as a midfield three would be incredible. His energy and telescopic legs get him up and down the pitch all game. I hope at least the club tries, even if he does end up going higher up.
  • Lol at people on here thinking we got a chance at signing one of the top 5 midfielders in the league last season, instead of him going to the championship or someone with an actual plan to get promoted, and a manager!
  • Swisdom said:

JFC owes us a year!

Swisdom, you and Tutt-Tutt are more aware than most on CL about the pit falls of semi Pros or Professional players getting contracts. One manager loves you the next isn't so keen.
    Most semi Pros that I know don't have contracts and in the "Kent League" you can be on £25 a week ( free beer when you win in club house) or £500 if a striker scoring every week at certain bigger clubs in that League. 

JFC is very close to his stepdad, Nicky Forster who is a key note speaker at schools and businesses( was at my Wife's school on an inset day last month) and runs a micro Gym in Godstone: Spot wellness.

JFC spent plenty of time in Godstone doing rehab as well as Sparrows lane obviously.

To have an ex pro and bright Guy like Nicky as your mentor in Life and football after his 600+ games was so vital for Jake who is quite reserved and having had two ACL you really need help coming back from those setbacks.

I wish JFC luck in the coming season and hope he and Fraser can be part of a better and more accurate passing team at Cafc.
    They will need legs around them for the balance.
  • It's an interesting thing with footballers and their jobs. Does Jake 'owe' us a year? I'm still very happy that we gave him a new contract even if he'd been able to walk at the end of it, because we helped a person who played for our club actually be able to walk! I like for Charlton to be a club that looks out for its players, especially ones who have served the club well. But looking at the contract, it was a year with an extension in our favour; if Jake hadn't made the progress we'd hoped or had had a setback do we think we would have activated the extension? I doubt it, I think we would have let him hobble off back home and find himself a new job. I don't think we oweed us a year as such, but equally I think he can see that the club didn't have to do what they did and he can make a decision based on the positive experience he's had. Hopefully he'll look around and see that he's happy being at a club that cares about him and he'll focus that into helping Charlton deliver on the pitch. Either way in the end it's a job, you want your employer to treat you with kindness, you want to give the best representaiton of yourself to the compnay in your work and then when it's time for you to move on or something chnages that means you're not suited to the place anymore then you move on.
  • It's an interesting thing with footballers and their jobs. Does Jake 'owe' us a year? I'm still very happy that we gave him a new contract even if he'd been able to walk at the end of it, because we helped a person who played for our club actually be able to walk! I like for Charlton to be a club that looks out for its players, especially ones who have served the club well. But looking at the contract, it was a year with an extension in our favour; if Jake hadn't made the progress we'd hoped or had had a setback do we think we would have activated the extension? I doubt it, I think we would have let him hobble off back home and find himself a new job. I don't think we oweed us a year as such, but equally I think he can see that the club didn't have to do what they did and he can make a decision based on the positive experience he's had. Hopefully he'll look around and see that he's happy being at a club that cares about him and he'll focus that into helping Charlton deliver on the pitch. Either way in the end it's a job, you want your employer to treat you with kindness, you want to give the best representaiton of yourself to the compnay in your work and then when it's time for you to move on or something chnages that means you're not suited to the place anymore then you move on.
    If Jake hadn't made the progress we would have liked and been released, he would still
    a) have been paid for a year when we wasn't able to play
    b) have had free medical treatment, and one to one rehab for a year

So yes, he does owe us a year. We have a moral obligation to get him back to fitness, but the club deserves to also get something in return.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think we're in he same place on principle, but it's just use of the word owe that I don't really agree with. We did something that helped him, with the hopeful effect that it would benefit us down the line but knowing that we might get nothing out of it other than helping an employee out. I don't think Jake 'owes' us in terms of an obligation bing put on him, I think he's free to make that decision and you hope that the support he received makes him want to give back. He may feel that he owes us but that's something he generates for himself.
  • Leuth said:

Ask Ryan Inniss and JFC
    Not what JFC was saying earlier  though..
    What did you expect him to say in an official interview? "I am properly pissed off as I am keen to move on and have made that fact known"

I can assure you he was very keen to leave.
    Might be nice to hear the truth....but that rumour is of course hearsay. 
    He signed a contract that include us having an option for another year. Sometimes in life you can’t have everything, but playing for Charlton is a pretty good job and when he signed that contract he had no idea if he would be playing again.
    He comes across as a good professional so I am certain he will give everything for the team, and if he does want to go, a good six months could see him leaving in January.
    No doubt we will be hearing then that he is going to sit tight and see out his contract and leave for nothing.
    If Jake hadn't made the progress we would have liked and been released, he would still
    a) have been paid for a year when we wasn't able to play
    b) have had free medical treatment, and one to one rehab for a year

So yes, he does owe us a year. We have a moral obligation to get him back to fitness, but the club deserves to also get something in return.
    If he had done it walking down the road, slipping by a pool, playing with his kids or any other way players have done similar in the past, I would agree.

He did it actually playing for us.  Regardless of if he was staying, going or undecided when it happened.  We had to do it didn't we?  The alternative would not only be immoral but would have longer term consequences.
  • It seems John Marquis has passed a medical at Sparrows Lane and will sign later today.
  • First backward step of summer Washington downgrade to Marquis 
  • Would be surprised that he would want to sign for Charlton. One of those players who is guaranteed to be booed whenever playing against Charlton.
  • It’s pretty wanky to be one of them “I told you so” types on a forum, but I remember picking up excessive amounts of lol’s for suggesting we go for Alfie May back in January AND a short few weeks ago.

It ticked so many boxes for us!  Now he’s gonna bench warm for a northern championship club Thomas.

• It’s pretty wanky to be one of them “I told you so” types on a forum, but I remember picking up excessive amounts of lol’s for suggesting we go for Alfie May back in January AND a short few weeks ago.

It ticked so many boxes for us!  Now he’s gonna bench warm for a northern championship club Thomas.

If only Thomas hadn't 'lol'd' you back in January, 

Is that a reliable account? They’ve also tweeted that we’re signing Marquis, presumably based on the original tweet from that other account with 3 followers.