Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Scoham said:
    Andrew Barclay says we're up for sale again.  I do hope that's not true
    Presumably based on the rumour on ITTV the other day.

The poster said Jon De Souza was coming in as a coach, two days later that was confirmed.

In the same post he said JJ and Euell are leaving and TS is looking to sell the club. If the former is true I'd expect it to be confirmed this week.
    Without wanting to sound rude but I don’t think a businessman as serious as AB will be basing this tweet on a ITTV message.

If Tommy does want to sell I’m sure this will have been shared around certain investment circles and that’s where it’s coming from. I think someone on here said there same.

For all we know this may even be a tactic from AB to out TS’s intentions?

I would love Barclay in and he was always my first choice over the Aussies & Sandgaard.
  • jakecafc said:
    He's probably the least qualified in all 4 divisions.
    Mmmmm……I understand where you’re coming from jake but if all he is doing is gathering and collating data and passing that on then anyone with decent computer knowledge can do that…..I would assume?

He´s supposed to have been the person responsible for finding and bringing in Dobson to the extent of having to fight to fight against Adkins, who apparently wasnt keen on him. 

Now, we´re all happy with that as Dobson has been our main outstanding player this season but what we dont look at is the fact that Martin Sandgaard, while working in his role at Zynex in Colorado, had more of a say over a player signing than the then manager.

It worked that time, it might not again.
    Does that add up? I don’t think Martin was working for us early last summer?
  • edited May 2022
    So he made some diabolical business mistakes and expects to get his money back by stitching up any prospective purchasers…….I’ll go along with that.
    It’s thought the two properties (without planning permission or change of usage rights), together are worth £30,000,000 tops, he evidently continues to have an asking price of £50,000,000!!! He clearly doesn’t give a rats arse about CAFC or the fans.
    As it stands, I fear all we can realistically hope for is that he snuffs it ASAP and that his son has a much more realistic mindset.
  • edited May 2022
    Scoham said:
    Could only read the first half of that because it's what we (or should I say some of us) were saying last July. Perhaps TS should just give me a call as it would have cut out all the crap.

So now he's said it I hope he's learnt from it & we start bringing in players BEFORE they come back for pre-season & not AFTER the season has started  
    Tommy's other business has lost half its stock market value since he took over Charlton. Doubt he is feeling very flush.
  • Two players I'd like to see us show an interest are two from Brentford - Dominic Thompson and Marcus Forss. Both might be difficult but worth a conversation. Thompson just finished the season at Ipswich so might get a Champ move or even back to Ipswich. Can play LB or LWB. At around 6 foot might even be an option at LCB. Forss has been at Hull but not particularly profilic so another champ move isn't guaranteed. I've always liked the look of him and he was successful at Wimbledon a couple of years ago. 
  • Tyreece Simpson has told Ipswich he wants to leave the club this summer. Looked very good for Swindon before he was recalled in Jan.

• Tyreece Simpson has told Ipswich he wants to leave the club this summer. Looked very good for Swindon before he was recalled in Jan.

I was thinking the same :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Some real talent there but from what I’ve seen and read his finishing is a bit erratic… and we already have Washington for that 
  • Richard J said:
    Greig Leigh being released by Morecambe. As I say above he impressed me in both our games against them and can play Left Back or more centrally;

Others will probably point to Obika being made available.

Morecambe offer three new contracts and make 10 players available for transfer | Lancaster Guardian
    I thought he was fantastic at the valley and caused us a load of problems the whole game, hopefully the kind of player we are looking at. 

I saw someone mention Jack Rudoni before. I think unlikely, as he will have championship interest but he was involved in nearly as many goals (3 shy I believe) as all of our central midfielders combined and he played in a relegated side. Just shows the level of our midfield really. Something we really need to address going into next season
  • Maccn05 said:
    Some real talent there but from what I’ve seen and read his finishing is a bit erratic… and we already have Washington for that 
    It's League 1, 99% of the strikers are like that. At least he's young so has time to improve. No brainer for me, and as he doesn't count towards the squad cap could even allow us to have 5 strikers. 
  • 24 pages. Are there any transfer rumours, yet?
  • Delfin said:
    Massimo Luongo, Sheff Wednesday,midfielder
    29 year old Sheff Weds midfielder.  Out of contract this summer.  Spends a lot of the time injured.  Decent when fit.

These signings have not worked out well for us in recent years.

A rumour or just a name thrown out there @Delfin
    Played for Spurs and QPR so may fancy a move back to London 
    Correct, love a move to South london
  • Charlton's transfer system always been strange, using same agents,even now Jacksons agent is Fortune! I remember years ago Alan Biley, goalscorer, personality and fans favourite at Portsmouth and Neil Webb we all know what happened to him came all the way up to Bexley one evening for a meeting in The Kings Head ,I introduced them to the then manager saying these too will sign for Charlton, his reply sharp intake of breath, they are good players! End of story.
  • edited May 2022
    Sage said:
    jakecafc said:
    Mmmmm……I understand where you’re coming from jake but if all he is doing is gathering and collating data and passing that on then anyone with decent computer knowledge can do that…..I would assume?

He´s supposed to have been the person responsible for finding and bringing in Dobson to the extent of having to fight to fight against Adkins, who apparently wasnt keen on him. 

Now, we´re all happy with that as Dobson has been our main outstanding player this season but what we dont look at is the fact that Martin Sandgaard, while working in his role at Zynex in Colorado, had more of a say over a player signing than the then manager.

Martin Sandgaard didn’t sign him. He had to convince Adkins as he wasn’t convinced. One thing he used to try and convince him was that Dobson had the second most tackles in the league last season, when only playing half a season at Wimbledon. He used the data collected to prove his point that he would be a good buy. It’s an example of how it has worked. Not all will work though, of course.

Ok wording it better, he was a recruitment team signing then?

The main issue still remains though, the  manager was coerced into taking on a player they didn't want. 

The current arguement for keeping on Jackson is that he "needs a summer to bring in his own players for his system" 

It doesn't sound like the recruitment strategy has  changed much, a data first policy and with the obvious success of Dobson well, Martin's clearly the man to listen to. 

Mind you he did find Fraser as well so that's 2 in the Bank for him I guess.
  • Andrew Barclay says we're up for sale again.  I do hope that's not true
    I heard this a few weeks back when TS was last over here.
    I wasn’t sure if this was the case or that he had been testing the water and putting together all the pieces to make that happen should someone show interest. I don’t believe he has actually gone out there and made it public but has made it known among certain quarters that he would be interested to hear offers.
    It’s pretty clear that AB has been approached again and that the sticking point is the Belgian schmuck not shifting on his unrealistic asking price for The Valley and Sparrows Lane….it’s clear to one and all he remains the fly in the ointment.
    He is a big noise in St Truiden and has never forgiven us for going there and stirring up trouble for him……he doesn’t need the money but I believe he’s getting satisfaction in screwing us up…..I know some don’t share that view but honestly what else can possibly be his motivation, if someone can come up with a better reasoning I’d love to hear it?
    TS, AB and The Belgian need to bang their heads together….easy for us to say of course.
    I also believe that TS was and still is genuine about wanting success for us with himself as the owner but the huge share price slump in Zynex have hit him very hard and the financial position he found himself in a couple of years back is no longer anywhere near as rosy.
    Worrying time for him naturally means a worrying time for us……that goes without saying.
    I honestly feel sorry for the man but there’s still hope Thomas you stil have next season to prove your worth, so go for it fella, sink or swim as the saying goes.
    I totally agree about going to his home town,I thought this was the worse possible thing we could do,he is mid 70s,has more money than he will ever need,and will spend the rest of his active life,getting his own back.
  • edited May 2022
    If you want to sell something you have to advertise the fact. If there are rumours but nobody knows, it isn't a great way to sell it. If somebody offered a decent price, I suspect Charlton would be sold, but that is different and I doubt that many, if any, would do so. I suspect that applies to the majority of League One clubs.
  • TS has said it’s total rubbish that the club for sale .. so that’s the end of that 
  • Sponsored links:

• TS has said it’s total rubbish that the club for sale .. so that’s the end of that 
    If you say so it has to be.
  • Maccn05 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    One one fan on Twitter adamant that CBT has strong interest from Barnsley.

Will say a lot if we sold to a L1 rival 
    One word there Twitter ….. 
    another one.....Barnsley!
    How you seen how wealthy their owners are … makes TS look like a pauper.

Let’s hope your right
    Let’s hope your right what? Leg stays attached at the hip?  Hand knows what the left hand is doing?  
  • edited May 2022
    I had serious doubts that the club was for sale but now that Colin Sams, Bexley Boy and Ronnie Moore are all saying its not true I'm not so sure

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/hilarious-charlton-owner-thomas-sandgaard-reacts-to-claim-that-club-is-up-for-sale/
  • Maccn05 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    One one fan on Twitter adamant that CBT has strong interest from Barnsley.

Will say a lot if we sold to a L1 rival 
    One word there Twitter ….. 
    another one.....Barnsley!
    How you seen how wealthy their owners are … makes TS look like a pauper.

Let’s hope your right
    you’re 🫠
    Ah the classic CL punctuation put down… well done mate 👍🏼
    Sorry Mac…..don’t take offence, it’s just me being a bit anal rather than trying to be cocky….your and you’re, there, they’re and their being my particular problems.
    Of course, I make mistakes myself quite often (as many of us do) and would genuinely welcome them being pointed out to me so that I can improve my own spelling and grammar.
    It’s something which has improved immeasurably since I started posting on Charlton forums……though I’m still not up in the Grapevine league by a long shot.
    Fora. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Maccn05 said:
    jakecafc said:

Does that add up? I don’t think Martin was working for us early last summer?
    99.99999% Dobson was a Martin signing.  Adkins didn't want him, was talked it to it being worth a shot. Dobson found out Adkins didn't want him. 

Dobson wasn't the only player Adkins didn't want us to sign, or resign. 

Adkins might well have been wrong about that but it's no better than the early days of Roland.  You can't give managers players they don't want, then blame the manager. 
    I don't know about it being like Roland. I'm ok with due diligence being done on the data and then a case being presented to the manager and a debate ensuing. You can't expect everyone to initially agree every time, and Adkins eventually did. The issue is that he then couldn't wait to drop Dobson, which made it all a bit pointless agreeing in the first place. Adkins dropped Dobson for Watson for an extended period, that in itself screams petulance more than sound judgment. Roland though had people turning up at the training ground that Powell hadn't even heard of saying they were expecting to play. Our major problem right now, apparently, is that we have a system the manager wants to play and a squad not capable of doing it. Data will be very useful in identifying the right profile of player, and from there the manager can have a look and assess their character. I don't think anyone can complain about the level of commitment we got from Dobson, in contrast to someone like Reza, so it feels like Dobson passed all the relevant checks. I would be concerned if Jackson gets landed with loads of players he thinks aren't the right fit, and his approach with Castillo and John worries me a bit, but ultimately we need the data and the management to work in tandem and something has to give in a deadlock. Does anyone know who Adkins thought was more suitable than Dobson?
  • 🚨 random Facebook rumour alert 🚨

• Been a one season wonder so far in terms of Goal Scoring... He'll be a free transfer though