Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Looks like Garner is going for higher tempo/energy midfielders and if so we can probably only afford to carry one ‘slower paced’ player = Fraser. This would mean the end for JFC which would be a bit gutting but that said, we also have his injury record to worry about, so maybe best all round.

• 1. Striker who can play wide (McKirdy)
    2. Left back who can cover CB
    3. Attacking midfielder that can score (Payne)

Easy...like shopping at Sainsbury's... B)
    Yep, couldn’t be easier mate. Point 3 is done. Two more easy signings & we’re top 6 material.

Piece of piss football management.
  • Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Good that Richard Cawley is back in the know and Sage wins the messenger award so the likes won't be stripped from him.

The great unknown is how players dovetail but at least it seems we have another Payne in the window so now on to the LB issue B)
    I don't think we will sign a left back.
    I’m thinking that way more now, a striker and/or winger seems more likely given the options we currently have.

I thought SS was meant to be two footed, I don’t think we’ve seen enough of him in preseason to show he can’t be effective on the left.

It also seems the club have faith in Clayden, I don’t think we should write him off. It’s a gamble but a second choice LB doesn’t have to be a top L1 player for us to do well.
    I wasn't impressed with SS on Saturday as a left back, and interesting that he was substituted at HT rather than at 75 minutes, our only change at HT. 
  • Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Good that Richard Cawley is back in the know and Sage wins the messenger award so the likes won't be stripped from him.

The great unknown is how players dovetail but at least it seems we have another Payne in the window so now on to the LB issue B)
    I’m thinking that way more now, a striker and/or winger seems more likely given the options we currently have.

I thought SS was meant to be two footed, I don’t think we’ve seen enough of him in preseason to show he can’t be effective on the left.

It also seems the club have faith in Clayden, I don’t think we should write him off. It’s a gamble but a second choice LB doesn’t have to be a top L1 player for us to do well.
    I wasn't impressed with SS on Saturday as a left back, and interesting that he was substituted at HT rather than at 75 minutes, our only change at HT. 
    I don't think that was performance related though I agree there were times he was way out of position. 
  • Like this signing if it happens. Now we have two midfielders in Fraser and Payne who can chip in and score which we didn’t have with Albie/Gilbey.   Neither Fraser or Payne are known for their defense so we probably see McGrandles starting at times against the better squads in the league since he is more combative. I hope we don’t move JFC because he would be good cover for Dobson if he were to be injured.  I know jfc probably has more market interest than Gilbey/Albie but selling him would put a lot of pressure on Dobson.  Now we need a goal scoring wide forward (prem loan or Mckirdy?) as much as I would like to upgrade on Innis as starting cb or Clayden/Davison as reserves, my guess is that this less of a priority and may not happen
  • edited July 2022
    Never seen Payne play but watching the highlights he looks like the kind of midfielder I'd hoped we'd sign. IMO in the past few seasons we've had too many 'runners' in the middle of the park and been passed/played off the pitch because of it. This guy looks like he can receive the ball in tight spaces, has got quick feet and knows how to get a shot away. We've had none of that. With five subs on the bench he should be a decent addition.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Cawley expects him to be a starter. McGrandles talked about Garner wanting him to play an attacking role, so where does that leave Fraser? Perhaps along with Dobson we’ll see all four rotated a bit.
    Don’t see it as much an issue with 5 subs rule. Especially, when playing twice a week. 
  • Looks as if the Pope money goes on signing on fees and wages.
    Maybe loans as well?
    I feel like any paying of actual transfer fees depends on whether we get any transfer money in.
  • Chunes said:
    Never seen Payne play but watching the highlights he looks like the kind of midfielder I'd hoped we'd sign. IMO in the past few seasons we've had too many 'runners' in the middle of the park and been passed/played off the pitch because of it. This guy looks like he can receive the ball in tight spaces, has got quick feet and knows how to get a shot away. We've had none of that. With five subs on the bench he should be a decent addition.
    That's one way to describe Watson 🤯

I think your right though.  Not only that I think the last two seasons have been what we can we get/have got.  It looks now like there is actually a plan in place and getting the right players for the right roles.

The midfield intrigues me and excits me now. 

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I think we will but it’ll be a loan.
    2 left backs on loan, would be unique.

I think we need one but don't think we will get one.
    Didn't we have Lewis Page and Jay Dasilva on loan at the same time?
  • iaitch said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Page was permanent 
  • Chunes said:
    Me neither, for those that know, is he a Wes hoolahan, type of player?, if so and if he is anywhere as good, I’m pleased if it happens.👍
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

We surely can't go into the season with just Sessegnon for that position. If i can see it, i'm sure Garner can.
  • Sponsored links:

• Croydon said:
    Is this our 3rd signing from last season's Swindon side?
    Yes mate, Wollacot and Egbo being the two others.
    Not players, of course, but also Ben Garner, Scott Marshall and Jake Marques…
  • edited July 2022
    I’d expect Payne and McGrandles to play quite regularly so it’s Dobson or Fraser for that third position.

Saying that McGrandles would be more attacking doesn’t mean he automatically replaces an attack minded player. Could Garner be wanting three midfielder who pose a goal threat? Where would that leave Dobson?
  • Epic shit trolling 
  • When Payne leaves the messaaaggge is excellent.
  • Scoham said:
    iaitch said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Page was permanent 
    Thanks clears that one up.
  • Mmmmh last time our media team decided to 'troll epically', it was a dressing room speech from JJ listing all the teams we were going to beat!
  • I wondered where they were going with that  :D