Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Payne or a striker hopefully.
  • barstool said:
    Finally the tea lady from Swindon signs, I do worry about the medical 
    No sugar and light on the milk please...
  • Sage said:
    Think there might be a signing today :)

Or at least a medical with the announcement today or tomorrow.
    Crikey @Sage. Didn't realise you were a member of the inside sauce club! Keep it going :-)
  • Jack Payne I reckon. 
    I think you could be right, they reckon on the Swindon end that his decision will be finalized EOP today.
  • 1. Striker who can play wide (McKirdy)
    2. Left back who can cover CB
    3. Attacking midfielder that can score (Payne)

Easy...like shopping at Sainsbury's... B)
  • mendonca said:
    Sage said:
    Think there might be a signing today :)

Or at least a medical with the announcement today or tomorrow.
    Crikey @Sage. Didn't realise you were a member of the inside sauce club! Keep it going :-)
    Inside sauce!!😳😳…. KENNETH!!!!!!!!😂😂
  • Is Payne any good? I can't say I remember seeing him play.
  • Without any knowledge I’m just guessing if we do it’ll be another complete surprise and not Payne or anyone else mentioned.  
  • CafcWest said:
    So many people saying Davison out on loan or let go.  But it seems clear to me that Garner thinks he can improve him and must see something from his loan at Swindon last season.  He is obviously a work in progress and not the first name on the team sheet but really can't see him going anywhere.
    Ok there’s a small outside chance of that being the case…..but I think you’re wrong CW.
  • Sponsored links:

• Payne would be plausible but is centre mid a need right now? Unless one of two are moving on or will be moved on. 
  • Without any knowledge I’m just guessing if we do it’ll be another complete surprise and not Payne or anyone else mentioned.  
    This has been the case with all our prior signings 
  • Plaaayer said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Richard J said:
    Bradshaw signed a new 'long term deal' at Millwall in January.
    JFC had his contract renewed in May.
    Against his wishes apparently. 
    He did not have to sign it … 
    I know I'm feeding the troll but he didn't have a choice. The club had an option to extend whether he liked it or not.
    You are not only feeding one, he was arguing with the other.
    You have a gob on you to. All I did was tell Ronnie that JF-C he wasn't correct on that.

And I am a troll for doing that .  If I was wrong I would have got stick from you and some others . Often you.  Do you go to Bromley Addicks? I ask this  because I would love to ask you to your face why it is you would not do this if it was someone  else .

You didn't respond to Ronnie, they responded to you? 
    Has he finally cracked?

Was funnier when I did it back in January 
    indeed I remembered someone else pointing it out. 
  • I’ll be in Payne when I read the anger from our fan base on social media when we sign a central midfielder rather than a striker.

There will be a further meltdown when JFC moves on too, but hopefully we end up better for it.
  • He obviously has better targets lined up to replace JFC and Davison...
  • Redhenry said:
    He obviously has better targets lined up to replace JFC and Davison...
    The fact everything has been kept under wraps, except the snippets about both being considered if offers come in, surely not a coincidence if both are moved on. 
  • After Saturday, I'd really like a LB to be the next signing.

Neither Sessegnon nor Clayden to me are the answer, especially if playing behind a right footer like Kirk who cuts inside.
  • If true, itll be Payne... there was someone seemingly in the know saying that his decision would be made in the next 2 days
  • Sponsored links:

• This was a reply to the tweet about Payne making a decision a few days ago. Possibly just based on reading this thread…
  • Would be pretty pleased with that... adds some goals from midfield
  • Is Payne a similar player to JFC?
    Hope he is better, will be hell to pay if he doesn’t score at least 8 in his first 10 games!!🤣
    Believe he’s more attacking, someone to add goals and assist rather than sit deep.

https://youtu.be/gQpVPHRGJfY
  • edited July 2022
  • Happy with Payne as his goal scoring record from midfield is decent. I’d hope to keep hold of JFC but that seems unlikely as someone will need to leave you’d think.