Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Scoham said:
    FM a useful guide for established players though a few years out of date.

Aggression, determination and work rate a given as he plays for Millwall.

A striker with strength, pace and decent passing ability, could be more suited to the lone striker role than Stockley.

Can't you use edit mode, and make all his stats 20?  He would be a great signing then 😉
    Surely it would be cheaper to do that to Davison.
  • Scoham said:
    FM a useful guide for established players though a few years out of date.

Aggression, determination and work rate a given as he plays for Millwall.

A striker with strength, pace and decent passing ability, could be more suited to the lone striker role than Stockley.

Can't you use edit mode, and make all his stats 20?  He would be a great signing then 😉
    At 20 ft tall he'd be a handful for most defences 😎
  • Yes, but he seems less mobile now.
  • Sage said:
    We do realise that Aneke has played a lot of his career as an attacking midfielder and not as a 9, right? It’s only really since being with us that he’s been more of a striker.

Either way, he’s a great option to have and if he could do it, I’d have him starting ahead of Stockley every week.
    Yep, but he's been much more effective in a Charlton shirt as a 9 though. I also don't think he's a Garner type of player in an advanced midfield role. If he could start more, I think he'd be a very good option in a 4231 to play off the striker, although I'm not sure that striker could be Stockley and would be better to be someone getting in behind. Agree though that having him as a sub to play either role is a great option. 

• Yes, but he seems less mobile now.
    Ain’t that the truth.
  • If we don’t get another bid for Davison we’re gonna have to pay for the undisclosed club to take him off us
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Richard J said:
    Bradshaw signed a new 'long term deal' at Millwall in January.
    JFC had his contract renewed in May.
    Against his wishes apparently. 
    He did not have to sign it … 
  • Scoham said:
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    If Forster-Caskey leaves, will be a shame as think he’s a top player for this level. What we would need to bring in is someone who will score goals from the centre of midfield.

Davison leaves we bring in 2 strikers. Leaburn has been good but let him actually develop at a decent level without ruining him.

If it was up to me, personally think we need:
    Another full back
    Left sided centre back
    Centre midfielder (who scores goals)
    Winger (who scores goals)
    2x striker

4 of those to be on loan, the others permanent with one involving a fee.
    Not sure we need 4 wingers and 4 strikers to be honest. With 3 starting you’re leaving 5 out every week. I’d go with 3 strikers especially with Leaburn and Kanu coming through 
    Opinions mate. Just can’t help but disagree.

Aneke is unlikely to start too many games, but can also be played as a 10. Stockley is likely to be our 9 an injury to him means we are in trouble. We haven’t replaced Washington and we need another different type of striker to be available.

Out wide you have Blackett-Taylor who is our best winger but all hopes cannot be pinned onto us. DJ hopefully will have a better year but hasn’t really shown to be anything like a top 6 player, and Kirk could still leave and has yet to show really anything. An injury to any of them means we have 2 players to play 2 positions. We need another.
    Definitely agree on the wingers. Like you said initially, they need to be capable of scoring goals too. 

I get your point about a different type of striker. Problem is that if you're starting Stockley you've got 3 on the bench. In a 433 where does that striker fit in? We do need a very capable understudy to Stockley. 

If we say Aneke is going to be a 10 or come off the bench and maybe play as a 9, I think we definitely need another 2 strikers. An injury to Stockley and we would be in huge trouble. The two strikers could be one pushing a starting spot and the other a young loanee that gives us another option to mix it up, run in behind, play a different formation if Garner decides to switch things up.

My point is Davison isn’t good enough, Leaburn isn’t ready, Aneke won’t start many games, and that leaves Stockley who I think doesn’t 100% suit the style Garner will want.

We shall see.
    Aneke being used as a 10 might mean we can’t sign a goalscoring midfielder. Though at this stage I wouldn’t rule out more than just JFC and Davison moving on.

Of course we may also take a chance on some u21 loans to allow us to have a bigger squad under the cap.
    Aneke being used anywhere other than a 12 is laughable 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Richard J said:
    I know I'm feeding the troll but he didn't have a choice. The club had an option to extend whether he liked it or not.
    You are not only feeding one, he was arguing with the other.
  • My brother is adamant he read an article which said the changes to the squad cap were scrapped at the same time the salary cap was. The only thing I could find was that it would be 22 for 2020/2021, 21 for 21/22 and then 20 for this season. Seeing as it didn't reduce to 21 for last season I think he could be right. I can't find anything confirming either way though. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Richard J said:
    I know I'm feeding the troll but he didn't have a choice. The club had an option to extend whether he liked it or not.
    Let me get this right Henry , me old mate , me old mucker.. 

If someone else had said JFC (K) had said he had no choice but to accept would you call them a troll. My bet us you would not. 

So why call me one. You can answer that here or you can tell me to my face at a Bromley Addicks meeting.  

You can tell me in front of everyone why you keep on trying to slag me off but if it is someone else you wouldn't.  That seems fair as you ate very vocal on here .
    Think you need to take a deep breath and read it again, Henry was calling @RonnieMoore a troll not you. 
  • swordfish said:
    My brother is adamant he read an article which said the changes to the squad cap were scrapped at the same time the salary cap was. The only thing I could find was that it would be 22 for 2020/2021, 21 for 21/22 and then 20 for this season. Seeing as it didn't reduce to 21 for last season I think he could be right. I can't find anything confirming either way though. 
    It's 22. I contacted the EFL last week to ask.
    Straight from the horse's mouth. Posted their reply on this thread on page 269.
    Nice one. Apologies, I hadn't seen your post. Good news, a 24 man squad is plenty. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Richard J said:
    You have a gob on you to. All I did was tell Ronnie that JF-C he wasn't correct on that.

And I am a troll for doing that .  If I was wrong I would have got stick from you and some others . Often you.  Do you go to Bromley Addicks? I ask this  because I would love to ask you to your face why it is you would not do this if it was someone  else .

You didn't respond to Ronnie, they responded to you? 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Richard J said:
    You have a gob on you to. All I did was tell Ronnie that JF-C he wasn't correct on that.

And I am a troll for doing that .  If I was wrong I would have got stick from you and some others . Often you.  Do you go to Bromley Addicks? I ask this  because I would love to ask you to your face why it is you would not do this if it was someone  else .

Has he finally cracked?
    I think 1956 gets a bit of a hard time personally. I disagree with roughly 90% of what they post, but I genuinely don't think they are a troll. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Richard J said:

No but I live 250 miles away but will happily make the journey......
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Richard J said:

Has he finally cracked?
    I think 1956 gets a bit of a hard time personally. I disagree with roughly 90% of what they post, but I genuinely don't think they are a troll. 
    You're probably right. Back in his Dad's day though you'd bash trolls with your rifle butts eat RPG shrapnel for breakfast. Unlike these modern lads. 
  • edited July 2022
    Any transfer rumours?  No ?
    Then I’ll make my own.

Heard from on high we’re in contact with an ex player, a striker who can score prem goals.

Yes it’s Darren  Bent Bent Bent.

Oh sorry, it’s actually Simon Makeinok.

Edit. Posted without seeing Scoham's post  it's much more interesting.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Richard J said:
    But he didn’t have to sign a contract that gave the club that option. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Richard J said:

Has he finally cracked?

What ever...I am still annoyed at the fact I was right and still got called out. 
    You were correct provided the rumours are true. I'll certainly give you that.
  • Its not u.... Shit ran out of letters.