Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    colthe3rd said:
    I LOVE seeing predicted lineups.
    Mac G
    Clare Inniss Dobson Clayden
    DJ Gilbey Morgan JFC
    Stockley Chuks
    Morgan
    Clare Dobson Deji O'Connell 
    Sessegnon JFC Gilbey Fraser
    Davison-ponytail Leaburn
    Mac

Clare O’Connell Inniss Sessignon

Morgan Dobson JFC

CBT Stockley Kirk

Wollacott

Clare Lavelle O’Connell Sessignon

Gilbey McGrandles Fraser 

Jayisemi Aneke CBT

Salmon

Pitcher McLeary Chappel Sturgess

Robsinson Jones Pardew Walsh

Nelson Leaburn

Kiely

Young Rufus Perry Powell

Rommedahl Murphy Holland Thomas

Bent Bent

Weaver

Gunter Doherty Llera Borrowdale

Wagstaff Crofts Foley Reid

Mooney Dickson

Thuram

Nego Bikey Famewo Souare

Ambrose Ulvestad Pouso Kaikai

Benson Allen 

• Joe Pigott has joined Portsmouth on a season-long loan, gotta admit I’m a bit disappointed we haven’t got him back at The Valley but maybe that’s just former CAFC player sentiment.

Pigott alternates between being good and being crap every other year.  Last year he was horrible so he is due to have a good year this year
  • Just on McKirdy or anyone similar who we’ll have to pay a fee for, their clubs will clearly demand a higher fee now, I wonder if we’ll see a last hour purchase when a club realises they won’t get the fee they want.  
  • edited July 2022
    It was nice of us to let them have em!
  • Davison is his name or Davison Ponytail if you prefer.
  • Chunes said:
    Pigott for me, if Ipswich are letting him go. He's got the technical ability to be a different option to Jayden. I like Stockton but there are too many ifs.

Seems like it's a bad year for strikers, can't think of too many good ones who will be available.
    I know Piggott personally and trust me he ain't coming to Charlton. 
    Told ya. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Chunes said:
    Pigott for me, if Ipswich are letting him go. He's got the technical ability to be a different option to Jayden. I like Stockton but there are too many ifs.

Seems like it's a bad year for strikers, can't think of too many good ones who will be available.
    Told ya. 
    Now that is insider knowledge. 
  • Piggot is a bit of a donkey tbf, 2 in 22 for Ipswich is poor
  • edited July 2022
    It's amazing how former players who were not really rated when they were with us suddenly become exactly what we need.
    Our player assessment and coaching must be the worst in the country.   
    I appreciate some players improve as they get older but it seems every player that's ever been sold/released by Charlton have become world beaters. 
  • Chunes said:

Told ya. 
    Now that is insider knowledge. 
    His older brother is best friends with my brother in law. 
    So I see him occasionally. 
  • RC_CAFC said:
    A zero context stat always proves everything 👍

Piggott was a victim of Ipswich’s scatter gun approach to recruitment last year. He showed in his time at Wimbledon that he is a very competent striker at this level and will undoubtedly strengthen Portsmouth.

I think he would have improved our squad too, but it sounds like he’s never coming back to us so no issue there.

Am confident we’ve got more exciting bodies coming before the window is out 👍
    He's a upper league 2/ lower league 1 player, 28 now and bounced around those leagues/non league. Running the ball off the pitch against Millwall still brings me nightmares. 
  • Don't underestimate Dobson's footballing ability. He's can be more than just a destroyer and he is a much better passer than he is given credit for. He also doesn't mind receiving the ball when marked. His fantastic strike vs Rotherham also hints he could be a little bit more of a goal threat if encouraged to get forward a bit more. The defensive side will always be his bread and butter, but that doesn't mean he can't be comfortable and contribute in a team that wants to play high up the pitch and retain the ball.

At last someone who agrees with me that George Dobson's game can evolve. As you say, the goal against Rotherham and also when he did the runs into Morecambe's box when we were trying to get back into the game was impressive. Two classes above but Rice was just a holding midfielder until west ham and England realized that he had more to his game.

We don't seemed to have anyone to play the anchor/Holding/pivot/defensive midfielder so our POTY has that shirt until further notice.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    bromdog said:
    Sessegnon came on with the the other subs on Tuesday, he'll start tomorrow

Indeed I'm looking forward to seeing how he copes at LB, when he's more of a right footer
    Agree, although I think he’ll start RB as Egbo is out for the start of the season.
    Then the choice comes down to Clare or Clayden then.

It really wouldn't surprise me if Clare ends up being 1st choice right back.

Clare would make a good Right attacking  back and  he only played CB as we were so short of CB. His game is about charging forward and that is easier out wide. Only a reserve midfielder for Cafc but as long as he isn't put LB I won't criticize Ben Garner.
    When  Egbo is fit we can see if he is good enough for the attacking RB shirt.
    CL members love to go OTT in both putting players on too high a pedestal or slagging players off before they have kicked a ball for Cafc.

Can Steven Sessegnon be 100% before the season starts as he is playing catch up with Minutes ?

• edited July 2022

We’ve been mentioned as one of the clubs in for Payne. Decision to be made soon by the looks of it, can’t see us being the club but you never know! 
  • Sponsored links:

• If the choice is out of Charlton, Portsmouth, Cheltenham & Leyton Orient, you would think he'd choose us if he likes Ben Garner and thinks he'll play.
    I’d like Payne but think he’ll end up at Crawley or Pompey.
  • If the choice is out of Charlton, Portsmouth, Cheltenham & Leyton Orient, you would think he'd choose us if he likes Ben Garner and thinks he'll play.
    You’d think but it depends on what wages have been offered. 
  • RedRobin said:
    If the choice is out of Charlton, Portsmouth, Cheltenham & Leyton Orient, you would think he'd choose us if he likes Ben Garner and thinks he'll play.
    You’d think but it depends on what wages have been offered. 
    Yes and if we're offering less than those 3 we can't really want him imho.
  • Our strongest XI being tested together from the start.

+

JFC in the strongest XI been told he can look elsewhere.

=

Incoming centre midfielder.  

+

=

McGrandles place when fit, though I wouldn’t write off one more coming in, Payne maybe.
  • Scoham said:
    Our strongest XI being tested together from the start.

+

=

McGrandles place when fit, though I wouldn’t write off one more coming in, Payne maybe.
    I imagine you’re totally right, however I wanted the rumour thread to come to life.  

+

=

Is this a rumour or ITK ?
    The latter, In The Know-fcuk-all
  • edited July 2022
    cabbles said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    colthe3rd said:
    I LOVE seeing predicted lineups.
    Mac G
    Clare Inniss Dobson Clayden
    DJ Gilbey Morgan JFC
    Stockley Chuks
    Morgan
    Clare Dobson Deji O'Connell 
    Sessegnon JFC Gilbey Fraser
    Davison-ponytail Leaburn
    Mac

Clare O’Connell Inniss Sessignon

Morgan Dobson JFC

CBT Stockley Kirk

Wollacott

Clare Lavelle O’Connell Sessignon

Gilbey McGrandles Fraser 

Jayisemi Aneke CBT

Salmon

Pitcher McLeary Chappel Sturgess

Robsinson Jones Pardew Walsh

Nelson Leaburn

Kiely

Young Rufus Perry Powell

Rommedahl Murphy Holland Thomas

Bent Bent

Weaver

Gunter Doherty Llera Borrowdale

Wagstaff Crofts Foley Reid

Mooney Dickson

Thuram

Nego Bikey Famewo Souare

Ambrose Ulvestad Pouso Kaikai

Benson Allen 

Andy Reid would put in a transfer request if he was in that starting 11.!