Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• MarcusH26 said:
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-reject-bids-for-striker-josh-davison/

Bids rejected for Davison but open to selling. Probably hinges on another striker in the door first 
    It's for the best.
  • Rejecting bids for him, Roland would have bit their hands off.  

Bring back Roland..
  • I'd absolutely love that list Sage. But get a suspicion it's going to be a winger (probably on loan), Striker (for a fee) and a cover fullback on loan. I'd love for your list to be exactly what happens because I think you've got the needs exactly right. 
  • edited July 2022
    Bid rejected for Davison, presumably (hopefully 🤞) just holding out for a bit more money! 

ShiftJFC and Davison out, replace them Payne and mckirdy
  • Sage said:
    If Forster-Caskey leaves, will be a shame as think he’s a top player for this level. What we would need to bring in is someone who will score goals from the centre of midfield.

Davison leaves we bring in 2 strikers. Leaburn has been good but let him actually develop at a decent level without ruining him.

If it was up to me, personally think we need:
    Another full back
    Left sided centre back
    Centre midfielder (who scores goals)
    Winger (who scores goals)
    2x striker

4 of those to be on loan, the others permanent with one involving a fee.
    Not sure we need 4 wingers and 4 strikers to be honest. With 3 starting you’re leaving 5 out every week. I’d go with 3 strikers especially with Leaburn and Kanu coming through 
  • sammy391 said:
    Bid rejected for Davison, presumably (hopefully 🤞) just holding out for a bit more money! 

ShiftJFC and Davison out, replace them Payne and mckirdy
    Bid rejected for Davison. 
    I can only assume it was  £4.50
     £5 I'd snap your hand off
  • Sponsored links:

• Old charlton player with a connection to the Danes.
    Simon Makienok anyone. 
    I am just thinking out loud.
  • Old charlton player with a connection to the Danes.
    Simon Makienok anyone. 
    I am just thinking out loud.
    I’m now laughing out loud!!!!😂😜
  • Just noticed the Davison article mentions us wanting to strengthen central midfield. Payne in JFC out I wonder?

The former Milton Keynes and Brighton player has interest and is facing a battle for regular game time, with the Addicks keen to strengthen even further in that department.
  • Surely if we have had bids for Davison ponytail we get rid and get a replacement asap which we need anyway. He will leave on a free next year if he stays so stupid to hold out for a bigger fee which I can not imagine being much? £50,000 tops is his value.

• Sage said:
    If Forster-Caskey leaves, will be a shame as think he’s a top player for this level. What we would need to bring in is someone who will score goals from the centre of midfield.

Davison leaves we bring in 2 strikers. Leaburn has been good but let him actually develop at a decent level without ruining him.

Another full back
    Left sided centre back
    2x striker

By your post I think you’re expecting two Charltonised strikers.
  • We also need another on top of Davison ponytail, so Two to come in!
    If we do not do this, looks even more stupid not to offer Washington anything! He would of thrived in a front 3.
    Of course he could of pissed off to Rotherham anyway!
  • We also need another on top of Davison ponytail, so Two to come in!
    If we do not do this, looks even more stupid not to offer Washington anything! He would of thrived in a front 3.
    Washington played in a front 3 under Adkins and it didn't suit him. He's not suited to playing as one of the wide forwards/wingers or as the lone striker.
  • Judging by today he would be playing deeper any way 
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    We also need another on top of Davison ponytail, so Two to come in!
    Washington played in a front 3 under Adkins and it didn't suit him. He's not suited to playing as one of the wide forwards/wingers or as the lone striker.
    This. Washington was decent in a 352 as can pull out wide. Not a player for a 433. 
  • I know Aneke gets injured a lot but there aren't going to be many if any teams who sign 4 first team strikers to compete for one spot. If Davison goes I don't think we'll be getting 2 in
  • No it was Jack and his cousin Danny.
    We want Jack & Danny.
  • Sage said:

Another full back
    Left sided centre back
    2x striker

Not sure we need 4 wingers and 4 strikers to be honest. With 3 starting you’re leaving 5 out every week. I’d go with 3 strikers especially with Leaburn and Kanu coming through 
    Opinions mate. Just can’t help but disagree.

Aneke is unlikely to start too many games, but can also be played as a 10. Stockley is likely to be our 9 an injury to him means we are in trouble. We haven’t replaced Washington and we need another different type of striker to be available.

Out wide you have Blackett-Taylor who is our best winger but all hopes cannot be pinned onto us. DJ hopefully will have a better year but hasn’t really shown to be anything like a top 6 player, and Kirk could still leave and has yet to show really anything. An injury to any of them means we have 2 players to play 2 positions. We need another.
  • Sage said:
    Sage said:

Another full back
    Left sided centre back
    2x striker

Opinions mate. Just can’t help but disagree.

Aneke is unlikely to start too many games, but can also be played as a 10. Stockley is likely to be our 9 an injury to him means we are in trouble. We haven’t replaced Washington and we need another different type of striker to be available.

Out wide you have Blackett-Taylor who is our best winger but all hopes cannot be pinned onto us. DJ hopefully will have a better year but hasn’t really shown to be anything like a top 6 player, and Kirk could still leave and has yet to show really anything. An injury to any of them means we have 2 players to play 2 positions. We need another.
    Definitely agree on the wingers. Like you said initially, they need to be capable of scoring goals too. 

I get your point about a different type of striker. Problem is that if you're starting Stockley you've got 3 on the bench. In a 433 where does that striker fit in? We do need a very capable understudy to Stockley. 

• edited July 2022
  • Fancy Payne to us Davison to Swindon.
    Payne isn’t a Swindon player-he’s a free agent