Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• sam3110 said:
    My nagging question about Dobson has been "did he look that good last season because he was having to cover so many shortcomings of those around him?" 

Do we need that style of midfielder to play week in week out? He's high energy, combative and excellent at mopping up ahead of the defence, but from what I've seen so far we'll be aiming to win the ball higher up than him, and we need the central midfielders to push on up the pitch and pin teams in their own box when we're in possession, and I'm not sure that's his game 
    He's looked a bit lost in the 2 pre-season appearances I've seen so far. Too early to tell if he'll settle into the new formation and style of play, but he's finding it harder than most of our other midfielders so far.
  • Gotta say, it would be an insane power move for Garner to have Dobson sold and give Morgan the number 4 shirt. Albie would be his white whale as he was Adkins'
  • Leuth said:
    Gotta say, it would be an insane power move for Garner to have Dobson sold and give Morgan the number 4 shirt. Albie would be his white whale as he was Adkins'
    100 % Agree 
  • edited July 2022
    Dobson grew up playing CB and was moved into midfield once he reached the senior level.

Putting him into the defence might not be as unlikely as some think. I wouldn't have him as part of a two but I could see it working in a three. If Garner were to switch formations during the season, it's a real possibility.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    cabbles said:
    Do we think we’ll bring anyone else in before Accrington?

If not, be interesting to see how we finally line up

Mac/Wollacott - haven’t a clue who is first choice 

Clare Inniss O’Connell Sessegnon

Morgan Dobson McGrandles (if fit)

CBT Stockley Kirk

Haven’t been following pre-season, so educated guess as to what I’ve picked up on here 

Wollacott

Clare, Innis, O’Connell, Sessegnon 

Dobson, JFC

Fraser 

CBT, Stockley, Kirk 

Subs: McGillivray, Lavelle, Clayden, Morgan, Jaiyesimi, Aneke, Leaburn

I suspect this is the 11 it's still the midfield shape that fascinates me. 
    magrandles ? 
    He won't be fit for Accrington will he? 
    Fair point there again will sessignon ? 
  • I LOVE seeing predicted lineups.
  • I stated that I wondered if BG doesn’t fancy Dobson as starter, went in a meeting, came out two hours to see a crime scene in here.  Sorry all, I’m sure Dobson starts was just thinking out loud..
  • Sponsored links:

• Dobson grew up playing CB and was moved into midfield once he reached the senior level.

Putting him into the defence might not be as unlikely as some think. I wouldn't have him as part of a two but I could see it working in a three. If Garner were to switch formations during the season, it's a real possibility.
    Or Morgan/Fraser deeper in the playmaker role with Dobson higher up to press? A Pirlo style midfield.
  • DOUCHER said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    cabbles said:
    Do we think we’ll bring anyone else in before Accrington?

If not, be interesting to see how we finally line up

Mac/Wollacott - haven’t a clue who is first choice 

Clare Inniss O’Connell Sessegnon

Morgan Dobson McGrandles (if fit)

CBT Stockley Kirk

Haven’t been following pre-season, so educated guess as to what I’ve picked up on here 

Wollacott

Clare, Innis, O’Connell, Sessegnon 

Dobson, JFC

Fraser 

CBT, Stockley, Kirk 

Subs: McGillivray, Lavelle, Clayden, Morgan, Jaiyesimi, Aneke, Leaburn

I suspect this is the 11 it's still the midfield shape that fascinates me. 
    magrandles ? 
    He won't be fit for Accrington will he? 
    Fair point there again will sessignon ? 
    I would imagine if he starts tomorrow yes.
  • edited July 2022
    Sessegnon came on with the the other subs on Tuesday, he'll start tomorrow

Indeed I'm looking forward to seeing how he copes at LB, when he's more of a right footer
  • Sessegnon came on with the the other subs on Tuesday, he'll start tomorrow

Indeed I'm looking forward to seeing how he copes at LB, when he's more of a right footer
    Agree, although I think he’ll start RB as Egbo is out for the start of the season.
  • I was hoping McG wouldn't be first choice this season, how has the new keeper looked in pre season? 
  • Frenchy said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    colthe3rd said:
    I LOVE seeing predicted lineups.
    Mac G
    Clare Inniss Dobson Clayden
    DJ Gilbey Morgan JFC
    Stockley Chuks
    Morgan
    Clare Dobson Deji O'Connell 
    Sessegnon JFC Gilbey Fraser
    Davison-ponytail Leaburn
    I'm not convinced Albie can play that deep, but would love to see it tried 
    Ah the false one role, might be something in that.
  • I was hoping McG wouldn't be first choice this season, how has the new keeper looked in pre season? 

Has looked OK from what I’ve seen, somewhat reminiscent of Thuram-ullien in terms of using feet and the ‘theatrical diving’ however.

surely he knows he HAS to be on top form if he’s going to be selected for the World Cup, so would hope he’ll be busting a gut to play well
  • Sponsored links:

• Seems we are well on the way to sorting the line up V Accrington... ;)
    So, any news re rumours anybody..
  • bromdog said:

Agree, although I think he’ll start RB as Egbo is out for the start of the season.
    Then the choice comes down to Clare or Clayden then.

It really wouldn't surprise me if Clare ends up being 1st choice right back.
  • bromdog said:

But we have no other LBs out of the 11 who didn't start on Tuesday, so tomorrow at least he'll be LB with Clare at RB
  • Scoham said:
    Frenchy said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    colthe3rd said:
    Mac G
    DJ Gilbey Morgan JFC
    Stockley Chuks
    Morgan
    Davison-ponytail Leaburn
    Ok so now we are going to try the bloke in as many different positions that we can to try and find one he is half decent in ?? Folks when does a false dawn become reality ? 😂😂😂😂
  • AndyG said:
    Scoham said:
    Frenchy said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    colthe3rd said:
    Mac G
    DJ Gilbey Morgan JFC
    Stockley Chuks
    Morgan
    Davison-ponytail Leaburn
    Ok so now we are going to try the bloke in as many different positions that we can to try and find one he is half decent in ?? Folks when does a false dawn become reality ? 😂😂😂😂
    When he’s 83 and failed as owner, CEO and manager.
  • edited July 2022
    That's twice now, I have seen "Charlton sign so and so" in the meedya only to jump on  CL before realising it is for the doris team... BTW why wasn't  Charlton Doris's considered?

Grrr!
  • edited July 2022
    Seems we are well on the way to sorting the line up V Accrington... ;)
    So, any news re rumours anybody..
    try the rumours thread
    Oh Henry, how could you, "Never Has My Flabber Been So Gasted"...
    I am cut to the quick with your short shrift... ;)
  • Joe Pigott has joined Portsmouth on a season-long loan, gotta admit I’m a bit disappointed we haven’t got him back at The Valley but maybe that’s just former CAFC player sentiment.